X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Summer, come now!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I am one of about 5-6 people (hiring terms) who can say I can't stay late, but in return (if that is commonplace/not a rarity) they'll put me in an area they know I hate, or pass over me for special projects, etc. Typical passive-aggressive, but legal, behavior. Not that they always do that (they know about my college hockey rabidness, and during college hockey, they expect me to say I'm not staying late on Fridays during that season and have no problem with it). But I'm also essential enough (only 1 other person REALLY knows the LTL/semi-truck area, and one additional person can sorta hold his own, provided it's not a busy day) that I am definitely needed/wanted/relied upon during crunchtime.
    So that probably makes OT a pain in the *** knowing things won't even out eventually? ****.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
      So that probably makes OT a pain in the *** knowing things won't even out eventually? ****.
      It sorta evens out. I've gotten opportunities that few have had at my building due to my willingness to work OT (trained a few other buildings across the nation, gotten days off I probably shouldn't have received due to staffing, etc) BUT when you start topping 5 hours OT a week for a few consecutive weeks, even the most hardcore worker at our building simply breaks down.

In my area (and a few others) the job is physically demanding. There's a big reason I'm still skinny as all hell. For example, tomorrow it's supposed to be 90+ and humid (typical MN summer day). I expect to dump cool water over my head a few times during the day to prevent overheating since we don't have A/C, standard practice in a warehouse (and obviously drinking about 10-15 pints of water).

Honestly, I love the job, the people, the pressure. But every person has a breaking point. I'm not going to leave the job anytime soon, because I know it will get better, but this is getting old, and getting old quite fast.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is about how I feel right now:

(great two-part episode btw)
        That's on syfy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          That's on syfy right now.
          Why do you think it came to mind?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Why do you think it came to mind?
            You're pretty adept at pulling up fairly obscure quotes and scenes, so I couldn't assume you were also watching it.

Comment

You're pretty adept at pulling up fairly obscure quotes and scenes, so I couldn't assume you were also watching it.
              Coupled with the fact that I'm really out of it, I had to have a muse to pull something like that outta nowhere.

Comment

Coupled with the fact that I'm really out of it, I had to have a muse to pull something like that outta nowhere.
                So you had a muse proctologist?

Comment

So you had a muse proctologist?
                  Well played, Mauer.

Just happened to stumble across the episodes on ScyFy, and it fit my situation IMO. You could also use Kevin Bacon's "There's nothing to see here! All is well!" from Animal House for my work situation. Even DHead Boss knows something is wrong, but his hands are apparently tied by corporate's demand. We actually have to petition for more job offerings right now, even though we barely felt a twinge from the recession.

Comment

...and now it's on BBC.

Oh btw, the hooker bailed on the ride because her plans to hang out with her bf were unexpectedly moved to earlier in the day.

I'm entering Mankato Meltdown mode here.

Comment

Oh btw, the hooker...
                      Related:

Comment

Nice.

**** it, time to go all-out nutty on this and add some running into the mix.

Maybe by next year, I'll be doing dus.

Comment

BTW, FIIF:

*****http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20100000/-Friday-rebecca-black-20156449-283-283.png******

Comment

BTW, FIIF:

*****http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20100000/-Friday-rebecca-black-20156449-283-283.png******
                            We we we so excited.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

This is about how I feel right now:

(great two-part episode btw)
                              Nerd. Good reference though.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

So has Swanted's latest band done a Friday cover yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X