Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse Women Ice Hockey

Top player transferring out ???!!!

more to players will follow.....what's going on ???!!!

Re: Syracuse Women Ice Hockey

Who's leaving and why. That's new news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hurstfan87 View Post
      Who's leaving and why. That's new news to me.
      Isabel Menard, she's no longer listed on the Orange roster. Don't know where she's going, hopefully BU haha.

Comment

Looks like her and her sister are gone

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyCanada View Post

Hmmmmmm, is there a thread "Penn State's Impact....."

Comment

If this is true...Wow...so much for Syracuse closing the gap with Mercyhurst in the CHA next season. Looked like this program was on an accelerated upward trajectory with their incoming recruits.

Comment

Lmfao!!!!!!

Comment

From my understanding it was a situation with a delusional father thinking that his twins should be on the same line, when in reality he has one gifted player and one D3 caliber daughter. No one player, PARENT, or family is more important than the program. The program just got stronger, TEAMS win championships. It's a good thing to see the situation done with. Good for 'Cuse bring on 2011

Comment

Originally posted by yourmomoh View Post
                  From my understanding it was a situation with a delusional father
                  A delusional hockey parent? Nahh, that never happens.... shocking!

But seriously, there's no way it's that simple. One should tread lightly unless one has walked in another's shoes! There's always more to the story, much of which we'll never know nor should we know.
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

From my understanding it was a situation with a delusional father thinking that his twins should be on the same line, when in reality he has one gifted player and one D3 caliber daughter. No one player, PARENT, or family is more important than the program. The program just got stronger, TEAMS win championships. It's a good thing to see the situation done with. Good for 'Cuse bring on 2011
                    Knowing this coach, he probably filled the "delusional father" with bull**** just to get the player he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by MAOFDJJD View Post
                      Knowing this coach, he probably filled the "delusional father" with bull**** just to get the player he wanted.
                      Well actually don't most of them do that?

Still, it's always unfortunate when parents get in the way of letting their children get a good education, just for the sake of a short-lived hockey "career".
                      Last edited by Trillium; 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hey yourmouth...I'd put any number of D3 caliber girls up against either sister ..ya dumbarse.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                          But seriously, there's no way it's that simple. One should tread lightly unless one has walked in another's shoes! There's always more to the story, much of which we'll never know nor should we know.
                          I don't usually like to feed the fire but I feel compelled to back up the yourmomoh posting. There is a history with this parent and I feel Syracuse has been extremely classy and accommodating. They offered BOTH of these girls full scholarships to play hockey, and apparently that wasn't enough to satisfy this guy. Syracuse is going through a transitional year, moving in multiple new recruits while working with existing players. Everyone seems quite happy and excited for the season to come. I wish the twins the best of luck, they will be missed but IMO Syracuse went above and beyond.

Comment

You be the judge.....

March 20th from :
                            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...t=#post5090168

We anticipate changes or imminent player movement will change the dynamic of SU for the coming year
                            Originally posted by rugrats View Post
                            Good post...That's what I was looking for!
                            And then this below on March 30th....

Just like with the Brown thread last year, IMHO it is inappropriate for insiders to start posting this gossip. Pretty sure Fiver, IceisNice and myself are all on that wavelength.
                            Last edited by OnMAA; 03-31-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

OnMAA:

I believe that both you and I know who the person HockeyCanada is.

My guess is that he wanted the coach to promise ice time or be fired as seen in his posts....threat!

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyCanada View Post
                              We anticipate changes or imminent player movement will change the dynamic of SU for the coming year

Read all the posts by this individual and see how he calls a great player over rated!

I agree with this term: delusional.

I say good Luck to the twins and wish them well with hockey ....hopefully the parent will learn from this experience but leopards and spots come to mind.
                              Play hard, play fair

The Diceman

www.network54.com/Forum/283026

Comment

Working...
                              X