Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a penalty be called on the goalie...........my daughter asks

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
    That was freakin hilarious. Gwoz is the man.
    Somebody is sick of getting knocked out of the tournament by UND, every year.

Looks like it's gonna happen again, this year.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post

we will see what happens. That's why they play the games.

Comment

we will see what happens. That's why they play the games.
        Yeah. We have BC and Denver knocking us out, in recent years. And you guys have us.

I'm thinking (hoping?) this year is going to be different for us.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post

You got some work to do tonight before you start talking about Michigan!!! HAHA
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Db4gb View Post
            So, my question is has anyone ever seen a penalty called on a goalie and what was the situation.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              North Dakota played BU at Walter Brown Arena many years ago and their goalie got called for something and had to sit in the box. It was amusing. Can't remember what it was for, or if was the same series when Landon Wilson and a BU player got called for penalties before the game even started when they bumped each other and started some fisticuffs during warm ups.
              It was game three of the 1990 NCAA first round series vs North Dakota. Tony Couture was in goal for UND and received a 10-minute misconduct after Brent Bobyck was called for elbowing late in the second period. He was replaced by Chris Dickson, who played the rest of the game. BU was leading 3-0 at the time and did not score on the ensuing powerplay, but did score twice in the third for a 5-0 victory.

There was a pre-game fight before game one between Neil Eisenhut and Justin Duberman of UND and Mark Krys and Mike Bavis of BU. All four received 10-minute misconducts.

The next time the two teams played was BU's opener and UND's second game of the 1993-94 season. There were no pre-game penalties, but Landon Wilson and Akil Adams of UND and Doug Friedman (no surprise) and Stephen Foster of BU all received 2 minute roughing minors and 10-minute misconducts. Wilson followed up with 2 more minor and another 10-minute misconduct penalty (during another scrum involving Friedman . UND's goalie, Toby Kvalevog, received a roughing minor as well).

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

If you ask Steve Piotrowski and Adam Hauser, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  It was game three of the 1990 NCAA first round series vs North Dakota. Tony Couture was in goal for UND and received a 10-minute misconduct after Brent Bobyck was called for elbowing late in the second period. He was replaced by Chris Dickson, who played the rest of the game. BU was leading 3-0 at the time and did not score on the ensuing powerplay, but did score twice in the third for a 5-0 victory.

There was a pre-game fight before game one between Neil Eisenhut and Justin Duberman of UND and Mark Krys and Mike Bavis of BU. All four received 10-minute misconducts.

The next time the two teams played was BU's opener and UND's second game of the 1993-94 season. There were no pre-game penalties, but Landon Wilson and Akil Adams of UND and Doug Friedman (no surprise) and Stephen Foster of BU all received 2 minute roughing minors and 10-minute misconducts. Wilson followed up with 2 more minor and another 10-minute misconduct penalty (during another scrum involving Friedman . UND's goalie, Toby Kvalevog, received a roughing minor as well).

Sean
                  Wow, what a memory.
                  UND: More national championships than all Minnesota schools combined.

Comment

Originally posted by ATelly33 View Post
                    Wow, what a memory.
                    Sadly no , just my library of BU hockey material, including game summaries since 1984.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

yupper, goalies get called for one.

My son is a goalie. His Rochester Youth team was playing the Buffalo Regals Squirt Minor (9 year olds) team at the Syracuse War Memorial just this past January.

In the third period, after continually being skated into, slashed, snowed, piled on after the whistle, i saw him just pummeling a kid in his crease with his glove. The ref called him for roughing and we had to send someone from the ice to the box.

When they announced the penalty call over the PA system, i looked to my wife and friends in the stands...They were going wild cheering/laughing at him getting his first penalty.
                      Originally Posted by Cornell Fan WordsSayNothing: "RIT has an impressive fanbase. I wouldn't mind having them on my side."
                      2003-2004 ECAC West Pick'em Champ
                      2003 DIII Tournament of Posters Champ
                      2002-2003 DIII Last Person Standing Champ

Comment

I play college hockey at John Carroll University (ACHA Division 1 Club Hockey) and am a goalie.

This season, while playing Robert Morris, IL, our backup goaltender received a 10 minute misconduct penalty by yelling profane words at the referee and was forced to leave the bench and sit in the penalty box for his penalty. He said that while talking with the penalty box official, the official told him that earlier this season the referee actually gave Robert Morris's starting goaltender a 10-minute penalty in the middle of the game and forced him to serve it in the box, forcing the backup to come in.

ACHA uses the NCAA rulebook, so I assume this COULD happen at the NCAA level as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Someone has that picture of dizzy Gillespie in the box....
                          enjoy

*****http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/796/0mt8yag3.jpg******
                          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Yes, Michigan's goalie Hunwick has had a couple penalties called on him this season for being a little hot head... like this...(not that gazely didn't deserve it)

You can elect to have a forward/Dman serve the penalty for the goalie.
                            Don't forget "Hothead Al", you know the tempers of Cuban's...

He played 3 season's for Michigan and had 5 penalties for 19 minutes in his Freshman season, 12 for 32 minutes his Sophomore year, and 8 for 24 minutes his Junior year. Never a dull moment with Al on the ice...
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by XxFIGHTINGIRISHxX View Post
                              I play college hockey at John Carroll University (ACHA Division 1 Club Hockey) and am a goalie.

This season, while playing Robert Morris, IL, our backup goaltender received a 10 minute misconduct penalty by yelling profane words at the referee and was forced to leave the bench and sit in the penalty box for his penalty. He said that while talking with the penalty box official, the official told him that earlier this season the referee actually gave Robert Morris's starting goaltender a 10-minute penalty in the middle of the game and forced him to serve it in the box, forcing the backup to come in.

ACHA uses the NCAA rulebook, so I assume this COULD happen at the NCAA level as well.
                              I'm trying to remember for sure but I think Al Montoya (Michigan's starting goalie from 02/03-0/4-0/5) received a 15 minute misconduct for fighting his Sophomore year).
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                I'm trying to remember for sure but I think Al Montoya (Michigan's starting goalie from 02/03-0/4-0/5) received a 15 minute misconduct for fighting his Sophomore year).
                                There is no such penalty. He may have received a 5 minute major for fighting and either a 10-minute misconduct (allowing him to return to the game) or a game misconduct/disqualification (kicking him out of the game) which is recorded as a 10-minute penalty.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X