No announcement yet.

The First College Hockey iPhone App!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The First College Hockey iPhone App!

I can't seem to reproduce the crash, but I'll keep trying. If you upgraded from a previous version, you might want to try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Penalties are definitely on the agenda in a full box score view.
    CHN iPhone App
    ELynah.com

"Any time you were fortunate enough to catch Montreal playing badly, Dryden stopped you anyway."
    -Harry Sinden, Boston Bruins GM

Comment

Nice app, thanks for your efforts.

Comment

It's a great app. Yesterday I deleted it and re-installed, as it wouldn't list the schedules for this season. Now it works great again.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse, but you should make a version for Droid. It would be so much easier than trying to use the browser on my phone to access USCHO or the WCHA's mobile site.

Comment

Just installed the newest update, and clicking "teams" causes the app to crash. 2nd generation iPod touch. 4.2 iOS.

Worked fine before the update.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Just installed the newest update, and clicking "teams" causes the app to crash. 2nd generation iPod touch. 4.2 iOS.

Worked fine before the update.
              I also have an iPod Touch and I can't even get it to completely launch before it just closes. Worked fine until I updated as well.

EDIT:I have iOS 4.2.1
              Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 12-04-2011, 01:34 AM.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I got the update and works fine...except the red pin alert for the final score won't go away regardless of what I click on.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                  Not to beat a dead horse, but you should make a version for Droid. It would be so much easier than trying to use the browser on my phone to access USCHO or the WCHA's mobile site.
                  Not gonna happen when an apple snob makes the app.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Sorry about the problems with 1.2. There was a bug introduced right before I submitted it that causes it to crash on iOS 4. That (and the notification badge issue) were fixed in an update I submitted Saturday night. Hopefully it will be approved by the end of the week. Updating to iOS 5 will also allow it to work.
                    CHN iPhone App
                    ELynah.com

"Any time you were fortunate enough to catch Montreal playing badly, Dryden stopped you anyway."

Comment

Just wanted to say I love this app. Thanks for producing it.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by cowbellguy View Post
                        Sorry about the problems with 1.2. There was a bug introduced right before I submitted it that causes it to crash on iOS 4. That (and the notification badge issue) were fixed in an update I submitted Saturday night. Hopefully it will be approved by the end of the week. Updating to iOS 5 will also allow it to work.
                        Thanks for the quick response! I think the issue was with the rosters, as the app seemed to crash when trying to load/refresh them. Upgrading to iOS 5.x isn't an option for those of us with first/second generation iPod Touches. (Old hardware that Apple has stopped supporting/upgrading)

The app is definitely great to use! Thank you for the hard work on it!
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

At the risk of embarrassment, I'll tell you what the bug was.

There's a new "Alerts" button on the Teams view that brings up the preferences for notifications and alerts. One of the last things I did was give the button a blue tint. Apparently that method was new in iOS 5 and I never tested it in iOS 4 after making the change. Stupid reason, but there it is...

As for what's up next, game lines are being parsed on the server, so I'll be showing actual lines instead of rosters (when available). Head-to-head team comparisons will also be in the next version. After that (but probably not the next release) I'll be working on full (live) box scores. And if you have requests or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
                          CHN iPhone App
                          ELynah.com

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                            Well, perhaps someone with superior skills will come along and create an app for the superior platform. It's obvious cowbellguy just can't do it.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I LOVE the app! It's so good. I can't wait to see where you go with it.
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Well, perhaps someone with superior skills will come along and create an app for the superior platform. It's obvious cowbellguy just can't do it.
                                Program in an archaic language for a fragmented hardware base on the wild west of operating systems? Sure I could, but why would I want to? Maybe after I've added everything I can think of on the iPhone side and had time on my hands, sure. But don't hold your breath.
                                CHN iPhone App
                                ELynah.com

Comment

Working...
                                X