Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    DU announced that Altitude2 will be picking up the DU v. Western game on Saturday. I'm not sure who gets Alt2 outside of the Denver area, but it might be available on Satellite. Have any other regional networks announced syndication for this game?

r
    I'm pretty sure the Altitude networks are both part of DirecTV's sports package.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
      I know that isn't true. Heck, look at Merrimack and Western Michigan this year.
      On January 4th, Priceless wrote this:
      Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Of the other current tournament teams, RPI has the greatest reason to feel nervous. No team has made its initial PWR appearance in the same year they've entered the field without an autobid. The 2006 Lake Superior State, 2007 Bemidji State and the 2010 Union squads all failed to make the tournament in their first showing.
      Assuming that he was correct at the time (which I'm not guaranteeing), Rensselaer, Merrimack, and Western Michigan all made history this season.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Usually, they try to get referees from conferences not involving the two teams, to avoid any (perceived) bias. Given that, I expect either a Hockey East or a CCHA crew.
        You are correct sir.
        "My greatest achievement."
        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Mr. wore Black and myself will be present this weekend in Green Bay.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            Yup, arrogance on parade here. And to think all the hard times we were given in saying we'd cruise into the final 5 when I don't even remember seeing that anywhere. Dangerous to think you're just going to walk to a title. You're not even a #1 overall seed, so what's up with that?
            I don't think I said anywhere that we would walk to a title. It was a joke more than anything (hence the laugh face and two big smilies. If you've read ANY of my posts, you'd realize that I don't take anything for granted.

Here are some of MY quotes for you...

Originally posted by FS23
            As is the case in any tournament situation, the Sioux will need to play to their ability if they want to advance. At this point in the season, one bad game, even one bad period or shift can be the end of the season. Hopefully the Sioux are able to play to their abilities.
            I fully expect RPI to bring everything they have. If we don't play our best game, we will lose.
            I think RPI will come out strong and give UND everything that they can handle.
            You can say that I'm arrogant, and that I think UND will steamroll, but it is clearly not the case.

Thanks for playing.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              On January 4th, Priceless wrote this:

Assuming that he was correct at the time (which I'm not guaranteeing), Rensselaer, Merrimack, and Western Michigan all made history this season.
              Not sure I am following the "history" here. RPI, Merrimack and WMU have never been a PWR TUC (at any point after PWR is released? at end of season?) until this season? What year is recognized as the official start of PWR?

Comment

Wow, depending upon how many of USCHO's UND fans go to Green Bay, this may be one of the first times we close a score thread!

Comment

Originally posted by supe View Post
                  Not sure I am following the "history" here. RPI, Merrimack and WMU have never been a PWR TUC (at any point after PWR is released? at end of season?) until this season? What year is recognized as the official start of PWR?
                  What is meant is that when the 2009-10 ratings were calculated to determine the tournament field, neither RPI, Merrimack, nor WMU were one of the "Teams Under Consideration".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Wow, depending upon how many of USCHO's UND fans go to Green Bay, this may be one of the first times we close a score thread!
                    Add one more RPI fan to the thread...

Comment

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Closing a score thread would take a lot of effort. The closest that RPI fans ever came was in the 10-7 RIT game in 05-06 http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...)&daysprune=-1 and that just passed 500.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Closing a score thread would take a lot of effort. The closest that RPI fans ever came was in the 10-7 RIT game in 05-06 http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...)&daysprune=-1 and that just passed 500.
                        Whereas I believe that a MN-UND matchup one year went through 1.5 scoring threads or so. I THINK it was the one with the fight after the handshake game.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Whereas I believe that a MN-UND matchup one year went through 1.5 scoring threads or so. I THINK it was the one with the fight after the handshake game.
                          I don't know which game you are referring to. The longest score thread there currently is http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...n&daysprune=-1. The oldest is from the 04-05 season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Go Broncos! Beat Denver!

Advice for Sioux shooters - Don't shoot at the DU goalie. You make him look good and we may end up in another close game.

Advice to Genoway - don't get beat trying to make a fancy play on the point. Just make sure no one gets behind you.
                            A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                How far? Chances are you'll park in Lambeau's lot. Lambeau is across the street!

The hotels within walking distance of the rink: Best Western Midway, Hilton Garden Inn, Days Inn, and Cambria suites.
                                thanks for helping us out w/some info GB, do you have any phone # for these hotels or web-links?
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X