Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 Season Schedules

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
    Yes, at least that is the rumor, would LOVE to head to southbend, love it.
    Why? In 2001 (Oct 20/21) NU visited South Bend. We stayed in the same hotel as the team which was really great. Aside from touring the absolutely beautiful ND campus, there was nothing to do in South Bend. The town wouldn't exist without Notre Dame. Unless major changes have been made since that time I just can't imagine why anyone would 'LOVE' to go to South Bend.

And the Joyce Center is nothing to brag about either. Unless major improvements have been made since that time (and according to the Notre Dame website it really hasn't), NU fans will call Merrimack's Volpe Complex a palace in comparison.

http://www.und.com/facilities/joyce-...-ice-rink.html
    Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post
      Why? In 2001 (Oct 20/21) NU visited South Bend. We stayed in the same hotel as the team which was really great. Aside from touring the absolutely beautiful ND campus, there was nothing to do in South Bend. The town wouldn't exist without Notre Dame. Unless major changes have been made since that time I just can't imagine why anyone would 'LOVE' to go to South Bend.

And the Joyce Center is nothing to brag about either. Unless major improvements have been made since that time (and according to the Notre Dame website it really hasn't), NU fans will call Merrimack's Volpe Complex a palace in comparison.

Um, they have a brand new arena opening this fall.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Um, they have a brand new arena opening this fall.
        Thanks for the info. It's about time.
        Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post

Pretty sure they just built a brand new, 2 rink arena. Though I'm not sure if it's completed or still being built.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
            Pretty sure they just built a brand new, 2 rink arena. Though I'm not sure if it's completed or still being built.
            http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/s...ly-center.html

http://hockeycam.campus.nd.edu/view/...x.shtml?id=155

http://www.und.com/allaccess/?media=244062
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Why? In 2001 (Oct 20/21) ... there was nothing to do in South Bend. The town wouldn't exist without Notre Dame. Unless major changes have been made since that time I just can't imagine why anyone would 'LOVE' to go to South Bend.

And the Joyce Center is nothing to brag about either. Unless major improvements have been made since that time...
              As pointed out, the team gets to play in new digs; however, the CFC will not be open until the 3rd week of October. And the South Bend area has lots to do: great restaurants, great parks and gardens and the Center for History and Studebaker Museum and the surrounding towns (all within 20 minutes) have places like theatres, museums, mansions and botanical gardens. The University would like everyone to believe (especially the Domers) that South Bend has nothing to offer.
              "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                As pointed out, the team gets to play in new digs; however, the CFC will not be open until the 3rd week of October.
                Surely they're not going to play a series (outside maybe an exhibition game) in the Joyce before the CFC opens though, are they? It's not like it doesn't open until December or January like Amsoil for UMD last year...
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  Surely they're not going to play a series (outside maybe an exhibition game) in the Joyce before the CFC opens though, are they? It's not like it doesn't open until December or January like Amsoil for UMD last year...
                  That has been stated since the timeline was established. Tom Nevala has stated many times that the team likely will still have a few games in the JACC, rather than following the football program's gaffe and opening the facility before it is fully finished. The RPI game could be the first in the new rink, but the previous weekend is open and I suspect we will be home (against NU?). The rink is scheduled to be finished October 18th. RPI comes to town the 21st. My feeling is RPI will still be in the JACC. BC is the "dedication" game November 18th.
                  "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Why? In 2001 (Oct 20/21) NU visited South Bend. We stayed in the same hotel as the team which was really great. Aside from touring the absolutely beautiful ND campus, there was nothing to do in South Bend.
                    I agree. Been there twice. Notre Dame is a beautiful campus. The rest of SB... yikes. At least it's not far from Chicago.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agreed, I went out there about 18 months ago for a football/hockey weekend. 7 weekends out of the year it's a great place to be, the rest of the time I'd blow my brains out. There's absolutely nothing to do and the school has some absurd rules.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        Agreed, I went out there about 18 months ago for a football/hockey weekend. 7 weekends out of the year it's a great place to be, the rest of the time I'd blow my brains out. There's absolutely nothing to do and the school has some absurd rules.
                        Well, it is a parochial school, nae? Liberty supposedly also has a few absurd rules, likely for the same reasoning.

Comment

The Clarkson board is saying that we are playing North Dakota in Winnipeg 1/7/12; I added it to the spreadsheet for both Clarkson & UND
                          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                          Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                            The Clarkson board is saying that we are playing North Dakota in Winnipeg 1/7/12; I added it to the spreadsheet for both Clarkson & UND
                            Thank you for the confirmation on that game.

North Dakota is still able to fill one more game, and then barring any exhibition additions, the WCHA is complete. Wonder if they'd play AIC...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I agree. Been there twice. Notre Dame is a beautiful campus. The rest of SB... yikes. At least it's not far from Chicago.
                              yeah, 'cause nothing bad ever happens to anyone in Chicago... I love how when a pot shot at a competing school isn't sufficient, people love to throw the next shot at the area around the town the school calls home. One million people call St. Joseph County and the 6 adjoining counties that surround it home. I suppose we all must be idiots to choose to live and/or work in a place that offers nothing. After traveling and working in many different parts of the world, (admittedly mostly on Uncle Sam's dime) including many parts of America, I have found that if you cannot find interesting things to do or experience just about anywhere you are, it isn't the place you are standing in that's boring, it's you.

Comment

Miami released their schedule yesterday. Just the 3rd CCHA team to release it's schedule.

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...key-sched.html
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X