2 weeks stinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    All you need to do is to get Adrian or the MCHA to agree to host, and Michigan to agree to put a reasonable cost on the use of the facility.
    Two weeks was perfect for me!!! Got to see the
    Mens quarterfinal since the Norwich women got the bye and then got to experience last nights national championship win for the women. Outstanding effort by the cadets and a first rate crowd and hosting job by rit. You would have never got 1400 any other place IMHO. We're on the bus back now. For any Norwich fans looking to meet up with us we will be getting in around 6:30 7pm tonight to Kreitzberg. Come out and welcome the national champions home! Now I get to get on a plane to minny wednesday. Unreal two weeks. Words couldn't describe the feeling last nite sitting there and watching it all unfold.

I texted Charlie after the game saying I may be purple and gold at heart but tonight I bleed maroon and gold!!!!!! Way to go cadets
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: 2 weeks stinks

It stinks. The D3 season it too long already and dragging it out for another week for any reason is just wrong. Oh, and congrats to the Norwich women for their 1st national championship. Well done Cadettes. Nice to see a Vermonter as captain too! I was hoping that Middlebury could have made it an all Vermont final, but it was not to be this time around.
      Last edited by puxrex; 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
        Agreed. How about Ann Arbor's infamous Yost Arena. Lots of hotel accomodations. Great facility and atmosphere.
        What do you mean "infamous"?

Look at this this way, boys. If it weren't for the two weeks, we'd already be in the offseason.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I texted Charlie after the game saying I may be purple and gold at heart but tonight I bleed maroon and gold!!!!!! Way to go cadets
          Your training is almost complete, young Skywalker.........
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
            Which can only hurt the west's chances of hosting. When the only venue to bwe available then has to postpone for a week, Lake Placid looks more and more like a viable permanent location.
            What are you talking about? 'the only rink available has to postpone'? The NCAA committee postponed so as not to compete with an insanely popular tournament that would have gone on at the same time. Rink availability has nothing to do with it.

There are probably 5-6 rinks just in the twin cities that could host. Nevermind several others in the west region.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
              What are you talking about? 'the only rink available has to postpone'? The NCAA committee postponed so as not to compete with an insanely popular tournament that would have gone on at the same time. Rink availability has nothing to do with it.

There are probably 5-6 rinks just in the twin cities that could host. Nevermind several others in the west region.
              De facto
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Two weeks makes for prolonged suspense. I can deal with that. Could be worse?

Edit: Could be like D1 football with no "real" national champion
                Last edited by AC09; 03-21-2011, 12:17 AM. Reason: Worst Case Scenario
                Adrian College Bulldogs!
                MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  De facto
                  Ditto.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by AC09 View Post
                    Two weeks makes for prolonged suspense. I can deal with that. Could be worse?

Edit: Could be like D1 football with no "real" national champion
                    The two week span gives you time to watch the D III Womens playoffs and the Norwich Women - Champs
                    GO CADETS!
                    DIV 3 CHAMPIONS 2000, 2003, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RAWardNU82 View Post
                      The two week span gives you time to watch the D III Womens playoffs and the Norwich Women - Champs
                      Exactly!
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Let me tell you one place it does stink.....

ATO's for the seniors still playing. Next weekend 12 D-I teams drop out, while 4 D-III teams complete their seasons. For the seniors who have pro ambitions, the choice of an ECHL or AHL team will come down to a D-I or D-III player. Usually the D-IIIers will get the short shrift.

If the D-III season ended last weekend, the D-III's could get a jump over the D-I's.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Let me tell you one place it does stink.....

ATO's for the seniors still playing. Next weekend 12 D-I teams drop out, while 4 D-III teams complete their seasons. For the seniors who have pro ambitions, the choice of an ECHL or AHL team will come down to a D-I or D-III player. Usually the D-IIIers will get the short shrift.

If the D-III season ended last weekend, the D-III's could get a jump over the D-I's.
                          True That!!!
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                          X