• Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

To every guy on the team, thank you and congratulations

That was unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
      Congrats guys, you played well and worked hard. Good luck in AC.
      Thank you. Yours is a classy program with classy players, fans and coaching staff. Rest well and good luck in the NCAA Tournament.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Well, another #12 defeated another #1... Congrats!

Comment

Union fan here. Quite the 12th place team you guys have. They never quit and never gave in, congrats on a well deserved win. Wish our guys could have put you away, but you earned it. Good luck next weekend.

Comment

Comeback Kids!
            A Colgate Red Raider can never be denied on the 13th!
            That is one amazing Union team we ousted. They will represent the ECAC well in the NCAAs.
            Thanks for the new thread that will carry us to victory through the next round, Marmot!

Go' Gate!
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

How good was that last night Shabby? Nothing like overtime hockey in a deciding game.

Did you need a plane to fly home last night ?

Comment

Video highlights from last night:
                http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...deos&wpid=9616

Poplawski was literally jumping up and down right after the OT goal as if the best thing ever happened to him. Words cannot express this jubilation.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Although I am not surprised you guys made it to Atlantic City (and wouldn't have been surprised back in December), congratulations. Good luck there.

Comment

Well, this doesn't surprise me at all. I felt this team had the talent, coaching, and now found a trusted Tender, whom has provided a sense of confidence throughout the ranks.

This School, Coaching and Players did not deserve the unjust comments in the earlier thread, and are proving to provide accomplishments that speak to the nay-sayers.

I actually watched the game on the computer, and this team has a ton of Depth & Desire.

Well Done, and Good Luck in Atlantic City !

Comment

I am in shock !!!!! I'm really having a hard time writing this. Where do I start ? A microcosm of the RPI series !! Dominated in period one game one, play better next two periods but lose, go down 1-0 in games. Game two, evenly played game, we win. I wasn't even going to game three but got up yest and said, How can I "not" go to game three.

Try to call and get tickets...just recordings...Union thread says tickets sold out , maybe SRO available, all I needed to hear.

Get there and tickets available, no problem ! Sit in where Gate band was Friday night, all kinds of seating available and sat with all Colgate fans(students were there).

Saw a pattern developing, predicted an OT win !!! (Just like game #3 RPI series). Thought Union would come out and try to put us away in the first, not to be, we we're outplaying them, but they scored first...bummer ! We tie it, go behind 2-1 and we tie it again. 2-2 going into third, they score and we're down again 3-2. BTW, told Doug that Smitty would tie it up when it was 2-1 and" he did".

With about four mins left I said Brisebois will tie it, omg he did with two minutes left !! We were in shock !

Then we were all over them in the OT period, they did have a couple of good chances though. When Pops scored it was surreal, almost didn't know what to do !! LOL

One of the best games I've seen in quite awhile, playoff hockey, they were working soo hard, forechecking, fighting for every inch. "Everyone" played sooo well, such composure, It was like they knew they were going to win. What a weekend of hockey. We go on and so does Union(NCAA's) a fitting end to a very even series !!

The media coverage is "phenominal" so many interviews etc this am ! Haven't been to the U thread yet but I'm guessing they're complaining about the officiating. No triskadekaphobiacs here, didn't even realise it was the "thirteenth". Shocked still !!
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Best Quote read on Sunday by Pete Iorizzo Times Union

"Colgate is playing Cockroach. Darn near impossible to kill"

Comment

This is what I get for a weekend away to attend some friend's silly wedding -- come back and find that Colgate is shocking the college-hockey world. Oh well...I'll take it! All I can say is WOWOWOWOW!!!! Never woulda' thunk it from how we started out this year. I'm truly impressed by the resiliency of this team.

Rooting for you in Atlantic City!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the review Shabby. Really proud of this team after knocking off two ranked teams with our backs to the wall. Nothing but pride for this team. Makes you wonder if DV didn't have this stealth plan in mind all season (LOL).When was the last time a #12 knocked off a #1??

Let's hope for the best in AC - these guys have worked so hard to get the monkey off their back - they deserve the accolades!
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Congrats to Colgate. What an accomplishment!!

Hope you guys beat Yale and get to see a final with Dartmouth.

A lot of us lost any respect we had for Yale through our series. They were very chippy and very chirpy and the refs let it get out of hand on both Saturday and Sunday night. I suspect after two long road trips to Princeton and Yale that our tanks were empty by Sunday night coupled with the guys we lost to injury.

Don't let it end for you all on Friday. I'd love to see you guys get the auto-bid.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                When was the last time a #12 knocked off a #1??
                                Not sure, but we're the first to advance to the final four --> "The Raiders (11-25-3) became the first-ever 12th seed in the ECAC Hockey playoffs to reach the final four with an upset series win over Union." (http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1..._Colgate_Union)

4pm game will be broadcast on CBS College Sports. Hope the Boston Alumni Club organizes something -- may have to play hooky from work.
                                Last edited by Gotter; 03-14-2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: fix text

Comment

Working...
                                X