X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

Looks like we need a new thread!

Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

Congrats to Colgate. So, is Don Vaughn now worth keeping around ???
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Congrats guys, you played well and worked hard. Good luck in AC.

Comment

Let's go with this thread of Marmot's and forget mine....Congrats again GATE!!!!
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

WHAT A MIRACLE!!!!!

Marmot -- thanks for starting this thread. I remember meeting you at the Qpac game in Jan. and how frustrated you were with loss after loss piling up. Now look where we are! Why not us? WHY NOT US?????

And hey -- we're not playing in a cursed building!!! Unfortunately I can't make the games this weekend but I'm hoping for TV coverage!
          Colgate '09

Comment

Just got home from Messa Rink. Our team may be short on talent but we have a ton of heart and guts. I loved how we came out in OT -- we were very aggressive in going for the win, rather than playing not to lose.

As far as excitement goes it doesn't get any better than tonight. Congratulation to our team om a great win in what has been an umbelievable season. And it still isn't over!
            Last edited by Magoo; 03-13-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Poplawski played well last weekend and again this weekend...I know he's battled through a series of injuries over his four years so major league kudos for him...I don't think this Atlantic City thing was especially well thought out (Albany fits much better geographically et al), but we never had much luck there anyway...missed John McGraw tonight, especially when he's compared to the unfortunate pair from Union who spent the entire game dissing the refs...frankly, Colgate did get the better of the calls, but I hope neither of these young men plan a career in broadcasting...otherwise, congrats to a very good Union team and good luck in the NCAAs...

Comment

No longer any margin for error whatsoever (i.e. the Friday night loss) but we are only two games from somewhere we certainly never saw about a month and a half ago. If we can somehow pull this off, it would be incredible. To date we have beaten the #1 and #5 seeds. Let's add the #2 and either #3 or #4 to that list. I still cannot believe how resilient this team is.

And yes Rainman, I remember the frustration of that Q-Pac game well; it's nice to see a run where things are going in a positive direction.

Comment

Congratulations to Colgate. Good luck in Atlantic City. Well, Friday.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes...please feel free to take down Ylae...thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                      Yes...please feel free to take down Ylae...thank you
                      As a BU fan, this is the last thing that you want to happen. If Yale doesn't win in AC, you don't get an invite to the NCAAs. You do understand that, right?
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        As a BU fan, this is the last thing that you want to happen. If Yale doesn't win in AC, you don't get an invite to the NCAAs. You do understand that, right?
                        See the 1st 6 letters of my username? Cornell fan as well...I didn't say anything about wanting to see a Colgate win Saturday

P.S. and trust me...Ylae not winning in AC is not going to be the reason BU doesn't make the tourney. I can list probably 10 reason, #1 of which would be tonight's result
                        Last edited by BigRedTerrier; 03-13-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

congrats on the win.....wild weekend of hockey....

Comment

BC fans will be rooting for you guys as well. A win by Colgate over Yale and BC jumps them in the PWR. You guys gave us a very tough game in December, it should be no surprise that you have the potential to make it to the ECAC semis. Plus, you have the younger brother of Matt Price (captain of our team last year and an absolute class act) so that always helps!
                            Boston College '12
                            1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                              I don't think this Atlantic City thing was especially well thought out (Albany fits much better geographically et al), but we never had much luck there anyway
                              AC is a slightly smaller arena, which will hopefully aid the atmosphere. Certainly the conditions in Albany never really worked out for us, so I'm not terribly broken up about it

Not sure what to make of the whole season, but I'll pause for recollection after it's finally over. The Raiders are Boardwalk bound!
                              ECAC Champions: 1990
                              NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                              ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                              NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                              Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Working...
                              X