Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    If I was Oswego I would be concerned as to why they gave up 5 goals to Bowdoin.
    If I was Norwich I would be concerned that it took a controversial penalty to secure a trip to Minnesota
    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

That may be so, but if your defense, or goalie is prone to give up these numbers of goals, they will be hard pressed to get past the likes of Adrian, to say nothing about getting to play the "controversial" winner of the Platts/Norwich game...
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Why should they worry, Bowdoin was a very talented scoring team, according to many on this forum, and they took advantage of scoring chances. So Beckwith gave up 2 goals, he's looked worse and I for one am not concerned about him. I do worry about the defensive part of Oswego and why Gosek would put HVB back in when he kept him out of the Fredonia game.,The D seem to always allow someone around the net who has his stick on the ice and receives a perfect pass from one of his teammates. I'm sure Oswego will resolve their issues

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
          How does the NCAA decide which officials are chosen to work the Frozen Four weekend?
          This year the Platty USCHO fans get to decide!!!!
          They are sending four, Mike St Louis, Mike Baker, Robert Tisi and James Doyle.

Opps, I have been informed they have changed it to five, the three Mikey's - Mike St Louis, Mike Baker, Mike Jones along with Robert Tisi and James Doyle.
          Last edited by norm1909; 03-13-2011, 09:54 PM. Reason: correction
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The Bulldogs need to stick to their game and stay disciplined, keeping out of the box. And if they do find themselves there, let's hope that stifling PK unit rises to the challenge!

All in all, this should be a good match-up. It could definitely go either way. Personally, I'm hoping for an outcome different from their last meeting

Reaching the semifinals (frostbitten four?) is just another accomplishment to add to the long list compiled by these players and coaches and this program. Hopefully they can add another one or two before this March is up
            Adrian College Bulldogs!
            MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
            NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
              Why should they worry, Bowdoin was a very talented scoring team, according to many on this forum, and they took advantage of scoring chances. So Beckwith gave up 2 goals, he's looked worse and I for one am not concerned about him. I do worry about the defensive part of Oswego and why Gosek would put HVB back in when he kept him out of the Fredonia game.,The D seem to always allow someone around the net who has his stick on the ice and receives a perfect pass from one of his teammates. I'm sure Oswego will resolve their issues
              HVB was +3, was on the ice for no goals against, and had two assists. Not sure what the problem is there. Beckwith played poorly.
              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Thank you for the advice. After Norwich gave up 7 earlier in the season to the Cardinals they got their defense and goaltending together, hopefully our coaching staff is as good as yours.
                93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

As a huge AC fan, I found Arrington Ice Arena to be electrifying last night against Elmira and fans from both teams cheering for their perspective team. Elmira fans were humble in defeat and wished AC fans the best in the Frozen Four-now that is true sportsmanship.
                  AC has won already and Yes I want more and Yes I want a National Championship. Coach Fogarty has these men ready and will shock the world and Yes people do now know Adrian College Men's Hockey-something that did not exist 4 years ago. Go Bulldogs!!
                  AC Bulldog

Comment

Bulldogs kicked it in high gear in the 2nd period and the Defense clamped down on Elmira. Adrian was more physical and appeared more relaxed in the last 2 periods. Congrats to Coach Fogarty and the entire AC Bulldogs
                    AC Bulldog

Comment

Bowdoin scored 5 or more goals in 14 of 28 games this season. However, Adrian gave up 5 goals to Buff St. this season, 66% more than Oswego gave up in its two games with Buff St. combined.
                      Oswego State '00
                      SUNYAC Champs 80, 81, 82, 84, 89, 91, 03
                      1987 + 2003 NCAA Runners-up

Clarkson Hockey
                      ECACHL Champs 1966, 1991, 1993, 1999
                      1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA Runners-up

Comment

Originally posted by berbs91 View Post
                        Bowdoin scored 5 or more goals in 14 of 28 games this season. However, Adrian gave up 5 goals to Buff St. this season, 66% more than Oswego gave up in its two games with Buff St. combined.
                        BTW, Wich gave up 5 goals to Wesleyan, didnt know they had a hockey team. More goals than 76% of the teams Wesleyan played this year.
                        Oswego State '00
                        SUNYAC Champs 80, 81, 82, 84, 89, 91, 03
                        1987 + 2003 NCAA Runners-up

Clarkson Hockey
                        ECACHL Champs 1966, 1991, 1993, 1999
                        1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA Runners-up

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                          That's why they gave us the early game time on that Friday. Although it will cause some problems with those early senior dinner specials when they go out to eat later.
                          now thats some funny stuff......;-))))))))

Comment

I hear ya, a few defense lapses, and a few soft goals let up by beckwith the goalie, ALL can and will be takenen care of in the next few weeks...only 22 shots for Bowdoin, which was good as they are a offensive team, and holding them to 22 shots was important as our netminder was NOT at his best......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              I hear ya, a few defense lapses, and a few soft goals let up by beckwith the goalie, ALL can and will be takenen care of in the next few weeks...only 22 shots for Bowdoin, which was good as they are a offensive team, and holding them to 22 shots was important as our netminder was NOT at his best......
                              ....at this time of year, as long as you have one more goal than the other guy, you keep playing - that is all that concerns me....
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                ....at this time of year, as long as you have one more goal than the other guy, you keep playing - that is all that concerns me....
                                10-4, these game are 1 goal games for sure, a bad bounce or unfortunately a bad call can make or break a game, a little concern as a former defenseman that we let up some goals when our D men were standing right next to the player and didnt have his stick...like I said b4 D men have to have their heads on a swivel to see whos around and GET THAT PLAYERS STICK...also the D-man has to be the last player on both teams to exit the his defesive area, I think plattsburgh got caught the other night in Ot with this and its happened b4 to Oz......2 weeks will b a loooooong time 2 wait

Comment

Working...
                                X