Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Hamline at SNC 3/12

Previews Up
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      Nicely done, sir. As usual.
      Adrian College Bulldogs!
      MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
      NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...ockey11-15.pdf
        Game preview from SNC SID, Dan Lukes....
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Hamline has better than decent forwards. They have extremely talented and dynamic forwards who will be looking to score. I'll take Hamline to win in OT from shot by Arigoni.

Comment

Originally posted by chico53 View Post
            As usual, the NCAA tried to eliminate the MIAC champ by sending them on a midweek road game.
            You won't find me defending the NCAA very often, but do you now realize where you went wrong with this statement in blaming the NCAA? Unless the NCAA allowed them to play with in-line skates or on a pond near campus letting them host wasn't an option. The only choice was sending them on the road.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
              You won't find me defending the NCAA very often, but do you now realize where you went wrong with this statement in blaming the NCAA? Unless the NCAA allowed them to play with in-line skates or on a pond near campus letting them host wasn't an option. The only choice was sending them on the road.
              +1
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Actually, the NCAA could've let them play at Drake Arena where they played several home games this year and had been the Pipers home rink for many years. Seats ad much or more as Arrington arena. But the powers to be said no inlines, no pond and No Drake. Doesn't really matter as they took care of business at UWS and didn't whine a bit. Should be s great, action-filled game tonite.

Comment

Recaps Are Up
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by puckrfactor View Post
                    Actually, the NCAA could've let them play at Drake Arena where they played several home games this year and had been the Pipers home rink for many years. Seats ad much or more as Arrington arena. But the powers to be said no inlines, no pond and No Drake. Doesn't really matter as they took care of business at UWS and didn't whine a bit. Should be s great, action-filled game tonite.
                    I believe the rule is they must play at least 50% of their games there to consider the rink as eligible to host.

As far as the game went, I was very pleased with the energy SNC brought all night. Hamline's top guys are terrific, but their depth must be an issue because they played the entire game like it was the last 10 minutes of a tight one. They were really 2.5 lines and 2 D pairings. Berenger must have played close to 40 minutes and #42 was probably over 35. It was notable when at least one of them wasn't on the ice, which I think took place on the shift after they spent most of a full power play on the ice. SNC did some matching up but all 4 lines and 3 defensive pairings saw decent ice time and ended up wearing the Pipers down. Hamline hung in there despite being badly outplayed most of the game. Unfortunately for them they didn't have much left in the tank to take advantage when SNC got a 5 minute major (extremely questionable call at best by the way) in the 3rd period. They really had trouble with the big Langford-Perry-Stroh line. Those guys cycled and controlled the puck almost at will.
                    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

SNC was the better team and deserved the win no question about it. Hamline took it about as far as they could having had to travel twice in a three day span. Hamline had shortened the bench all season and it finally caught up with them. It's unfortunate because they def have some frosh players who can contribute given the chance. SNC will be one tough team to beat at Ridder. But I guess you could say that about each of the other teams too. Good luck to all!!!

Comment

Untrue. The only requirement is available facility. That limited the options to only 100 or so in the Twin Cities. So I suspect that wasn't the issue at all. (Let's start with the place where the NCAA is being held in a few weeks. Ridder Arena was empty last weekend.) The eminently fair thing for the NCAA was to just send HU to SNC as a straight quarterfinal matchup. Teams that win their regular and post-season championships should earn some status. But, as happened to other MIAC schools who won this Daily Double, the issue was decided long in advance. Bravo for the Pipers for (partially) ruining the best-laid plans.

Let's be frank here. The real issue is the NCHA (and NCAA's) longstanding disdain and complete lack of respect for the MIAC. It's a longstanding issue that isn't likely to ever change. (Same is true at the D-I level regarding Hockey East's view of their Ivy League neighbors.) For their sake, one hopes HU has learned the lesson that Gustavus, St. John's and St. Thomas also had to find out the hard way. Eventually, those schools figured out a way around the stacked deck to get to the semis and finals. They will have to do it on the road.

Comment

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...xt|FRONTPAGE|s
                          Game report from the GB Press Gazette....
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Untrue. The only requirement is available facility. That limited the options to only 100 or so in the Twin Cities. So I suspect that wasn't the issue at all. (Let's start with the place where the NCAA is being held in a few weeks. Ridder Arena was empty last weekend.) The eminently fair thing for the NCAA was to just send HU to SNC as a straight quarterfinal matchup. Teams that win their regular and post-season championships should earn some status. But, as happened to other MIAC schools who won this Daily Double, the issue was decided long in advance. Bravo for the Pipers for (partially) ruining the best-laid plans.

Let's be frank here. The real issue is the NCHA (and NCAA's) longstanding disdain and complete lack of respect for the MIAC. It's a longstanding issue that isn't likely to ever change. (Same is true at the D-I level regarding Hockey East's view of their Ivy League neighbors.) For their sake, one hopes HU has learned the lesson that Gustavus, St. John's and St. Thomas also had to find out the hard way. Eventually, those schools figured out a way around the stacked deck to get to the semis and finals. They will have to do it on the road.
                            The NCAA doesn't have to "let" anyone host anyplace they please. It is the NCAA's Tournament, not the NCHA's. If you really think the NCAA is going to let a national tournament game be played in a glorified ice fishing shanty then you are even more obtuse than I thought. Quit trying to cast the blame on the NCAA, the NCHA or even St. Norbert for that matter. If Hamline had on-campus ice like many other MIAC schools they wouldn't find itself in this position. Maybe Hamline's commitment to their hockey program isn't as good as other schools even in their own league. So quit trying to castigate the speck in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the log in your own.

And if you think the NCHA disses MIAC hockey, you haven't been around enough to listen to what most Eastern people think of hockey in the entire West Region. St. Norbert got bent over last year as a 1 seed playing an excellent Adrian team on Wednesday and then had to play another great team in Gustavus on Saturday. Then they had to play Oswego State and Norwich and were a bounce of the puck away from winning it all. Instead of complaining about it they went and just won the games anyway. Perhaps as your program matures you'll find that's the best way to go about business instead of whining about things that in the long run just get in the way of the task at hand.
                            Last edited by Sir Nubs; 03-13-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

*****http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tin-foil-hat.jpg******
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

It's good to see you back djw. I thought for sure the black helicopters had shown up and taken you away from us.
                                D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                                Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Working...
                                X