This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Need a date to the prom? Here's an idea. http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/20...lator-to-prom/

Comment

yeah nanookfan. I was reminiscing about this guys exploits posts from a number of years ago. At that time I was worried that my 30s would suck, but so far its kind of the opposite. and I don't think he was happily single as he wasn't dating at all. Its like those people who go into forced celebicy things when they aren't getting many dates.
      "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Nanookfan was before my time, but it sure sounds like straight-up rationalizing to me. I suppose some people could be happier alone, but for most it's probably just easier to convince themselves that they're better off without women, than to accept the cold, hard truth that women simply want nothing to do with you

Comment

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Need a date to the prom? Here's an idea. http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/20...lator-to-prom/
            Frankly, I can't decide what's more pathetic. That a girl actually did this, or that the nerdy guys at her school didn't man up and ask her. I mean, it's only one night. Maybe you'll find out she's into DnD, or Warcraft, or Sxrillex, or theoretical physics, or some such nerd crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKJD View Post
              Nanookfan was before my time, but it sure sounds like straight-up rationalizing to me. I suppose some people could be happier alone, but for most it's probably just easier to convince themselves that they're better off without women, than to accept the cold, hard truth that women simply want nothing to do with you
              Oh it was... Hang ups end up with a lot of guys hanging... To me there's a difference between "can't" and "doesn't know how and won't try" and "doesn't know how but trying to figure it out".

I sympathize but he likely had a lot of issues that he wasn't working through
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Frankly, I can't decide what's more pathetic. That a girl actually did this, or that the nerdy guys at her school didn't man up and ask her. I mean, it's only one night. Maybe you'll find out she's into DnD, or Warcraft, or Sxrillex, or theoretical physics, or some such nerd crap.
                Good point. Hell, you get her out of those braces, do something to liven up that hair, maybe a slightly less frumpy outfit on, she might be not particularly bad.

Hell, just from looking at those photos, she does kind of strikes me as the ugly duckling girl that shows up at the reunion 10 or 20 years later and has everybody jealous and kicking themselves for not getting with that when they had a chance.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                  Just because someone was happily single, doesn't mean they're happily without women.
                  I had a good time being single, and now I'm happy in a relationship. I think you can have it both ways. The key is, when you are happily single, and that right girl comes along, you don't **** it up and decide you'd rather be single.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And update on me and JJ.

Talked her into going to seeing a movie with myself and my brother tonight, do think there's a spark there with her, just got to let things take their time with her some more, let her work on getting herself back together after her divorce. Either way, I'm calling tonight a success. Its been kind of lonely since I've broke up with my ex back in March, and I've kind of missed having that female companionship in which where you can talk about anything and everything under the sun.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

There's this girl at work I'm interested in. She's a health-food nerd, and she looks the part, but I find her strangely attractive. And according to coworkers, she's only had one boyfriend before and is currently single.

And if you believe in Ladder Theory, she and I haven't spoken enough for her to assign me to the Friend Ladder. So I think I have a shot.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Be careful out there. Watch what you eat and remember...portion control.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/0...d-by-oral-sex/
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Thought I would bring this thread back, if nothing more than to mope some more about the sad state of affairs my current love life is.

With MEg getting hitched this weekend, I do believe that brings the count of friends on Facebook that have gotten married this summer up to 10. Although her ceremony being at center ice at MacInnes is pretty dang cool, just the sheer number of weddings this summer has gotten a bit sickening. Not to mention that another one of the weddings was of a pretty close friend of mine from college who didn't send me an invite, which does have me a bit miffed about it. Of course, probably would have left me stuck at the singles table with probably a bunch of other dudes as well, so not really helpful. But still, an invite would have been nice.
                          Last edited by bigmrg74; 08-12-2013, 11:26 PM.

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

And yes, that was nanookfan that was the "HAPPILY SINGLE" temp that not only made banana bread, but made people like me feel much better about ourselves.
                            Thinking about Nanookfan makes me smile.......hope some girl has landed in his lap. As for me, I am announcing my retirement from this thread, at least as a single guy. Engaged as of July, wedding Fall 2014. She is gorgeous, smart, fun, funny, a good person, and did I mention gorgeous?
                            AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
                              Thinking about Nanookfan makes me smile.......hope some girl has landed in his lap. As for me, I am announcing my retirement from this thread, at least as a single guy. Engaged as of July, wedding Fall 2014. She is gorgeous, smart, fun, funny, a good person, and did I mention gorgeous?
                              Good to hear man!
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Good to hear man!
                                You came back, after all this time, to post in the singles thread????? I hope there's not bad news there.

Comment

Working...
                                X