X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
    this might be one of the easiest weekends to go out, get a phone number and snag a date. Time to get at it!
    It took me almost a full day (I saw this not too long after you posted this) to figure out why this weekend would be so easy...is it because of Valentine's Day? I'm clearly out of touch with the dating scene...

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      It took me almost a full day (I saw this not too long after you posted this) to figure out why this weekend would be so easy...is it because of Valentine's Day? I'm clearly out of touch with the dating scene...
      Bingo. There's probably some women out there desperate for some free chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        555's a real exchange!
        And many women have numbers that end in 5309.

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
          I never heard of this until yesterday when a co worker brought it up in a conversation. Where does the spot lighting come into it?
          You know how shining lights on a deer makes them not move ("deer in the headlights") or the flash light myth with fishing (fish are attracted to reflective light so they're easier to catch)? That is what it is referring to.

Funny story, my old roommate got dumped 3 years in a row the week before Valentine's day. Twice by the same girl.

Edit: This will be the first year I've ever been officially dating someone on Valentine's Day and somehow I got roped into getting two of my buddies dates for next weekend so "they're not third and fifth wheels" all weekend. My suggestion that they date each other for the weekend did not go over well.
          Last edited by collegehcky2; 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Wish I could spend Valentine's Day with my ex... box360. Oh well, atleast I have my P...S3.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
              Last weekend my girlfriend and I took some overripe bananas and made banana bread. Thought that might be amusing to some of the old-timers on here.

I have never been with somebody on Singles Awareness Day. Ever.

Was close once, but we broke up the week before. Yup, I was the a-hole.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
                yup, i was the a-hole.
                i am shocked.

Comment

I've only been on dates for two Singles Awareness Days. When I was in grade school, I'd normally get sick for that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I have never been with somebody on Singles Awareness Day. Ever.

Was close once, but we broke up the week before. Yup, I was the a-hole.
                    If you can find one with a January birthday, then you can time it right so you start dating after Valentines day, and dump her before Christmas. Perfect timing.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      If you can find one with a January birthday, then you can time it right so you start dating after Valentines day, and dump her before Christmas. Perfect timing.
                      Why would you want to put up with that for ten months? That's at least seven too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        Why would you want to put up with that for ten months? That's at least seven too many.
                        I think that most around here know that I wouldn't, it was just advice to those that do. I try to limit my relationships to a week or 2, I get sick of that particular female after that amount of time. There is only one I've ever met that I could actually see myself being with long term.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You can't call them relationships if they last a week or two. Those are flings, one-offs, or "dalliances".

I think you gotta be exclusive for about a month before it goes into relationship territory.

Comment

You can't call them relationships if they last a week or two. Those are flings, one-offs, or "dalliances".

I think you gotta be exclusive for about a month before it goes into relationship territory.
                            I don't think he's ever exclusive. Even for those 2 weeks.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I don't think he's ever exclusive. Even for those 2 weeks.
                              Right, and even if he was, that wouldn't make them relationships. Two weeks? ****, a bunch of people here might only get a peck on the cheek in that timeframe.

Comment

Right, and even if he was, that wouldn't make them relationships. Two weeks? ****, a bunch of people here might only get a peck on the cheek in that timeframe.
                                ...and that'd only be with someone who's Tech Hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X