Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Name kind of rings a bell...but, I can't picture her. Let's be honest, blonde hair and blue eyes wouldn't really narrow it down for you.
    DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?! I think her name was Christina. She was HAMMERED that night. And you gave her your number/card, I know that much.

Edit: I think we had a dollar bet on if she'd text/call you within the week. If we did, I owe you a dollar.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?! I think her name was Christina. She was HAMMERED that night. And you gave her your number/card, I know that much.

Edit: I think we had a dollar bet on if she'd text/call you within the week. If we did, I owe you a dollar.
      Is it? She was a looker! We've been exchanging texts, sounds like we may plan on just meeting up at TK's tomorrow night.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Is it? She was a looker! We've been exchanging texts, sounds like we may plan on just meeting up at TK's tomorrow night.
        I'm almost sure of it. The name sticks out, and I know that the timeframe is about right, give or take a week. The only other girl you have mentioned is the bra-girl, which I didn't see happen.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?!
          How the hell should I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I'm almost sure of it. The name sticks out, and I know that the timeframe is about right, give or take a week. The only other girl you have mentioned is the bra-girl, which I didn't see happen.
            Bra-girl was brunette...and she only had his work number
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Bra-girl was brunette...and she only had his work number
              Then it has to be the shortie-cutie. Unless only you two were there some night and he gave out a number.

Comment

I was planning on going to the bar tonight, and she mentioned that she was going to be there. Anyone who wants to show up and see who this girl is, let me know. For the record, my guess is that she is not attractive, because for some reason I'm thinking she isn't the girl brent thinks she is. Just a gut feeling.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I was planning on going to the bar tonight, and she mentioned that she was going to be there. Anyone who wants to show up and see who this girl is, let me know. For the record, my guess is that she is not attractive, because for some reason I'm thinking she isn't the girl brent thinks she is. Just a gut feeling.
                  I'll be at Senser's to watch the Sioux game then I'll probably head there after the game...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So I have this friend at work, and sometimes his wife shows up downtown for happy hour with us, and the last couple times she's had a friend tag along. The friend is not attractive in the least. She makes the Commie look tame with her vulgarity, and she's not attractive in the least. Did I say that already? Well it's very, very true.

All of this leads up to showing up to work Monday after the first time she was hanging out with us, and my buddy comes walking in with an amused grimace on his face. He hands me a slip of paper saying, "I just want to be on record that I do not want to be any part of this, but [my wife] is making me do this." He hands me a piece of paper with a name and phone number on it. I read the name, and then asked, "Who's [Missy]?" He tells me she's the wife's friend, and I reply, "I thought her name was Molly. I'm not calling her."

Well, this past Friday "Missy" is there and nothing's out of sorts, amicable and all that. Yesterday I get an email from her; my buddy's wife gave her my email. When will women learn to stop meddling? I replied to the email saying that I'd hang out as friends, but that's it - she's a fun chick, just not attractive in any way, shape or form. I just want to know why women meddle - especially when they already know that one side or the other isn't interested.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Simple - women are obsessed with match-making / denying reality / making situations fit their agenda.

Your friend's wife in this case sees her friend needing a man and will manipulate situations as she sees fit, regardless of the lack of interest shown by any guys that happen to be drawn into the whole cluster****. Plus who knows, maybe she figures her friend's personality will win you over in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        Simple - women are obsessed with match-making / denying reality / making situations fit their agenda.

Your friend's wife in this case sees her friend needing a man and will manipulate situations as she sees fit, regardless of the lack of interest shown by any guys that happen to be drawn into the whole cluster****. Plus who knows, maybe she figures her friend's personality will win you over in the end.
                        Odd, me and my room mate were talking about the fact that women in our immediate social circle do not do these kinds of things. Of course one always must be weary of a friend hooking you up with her ugly friend, but I don't even get this sort of treatment. One of my chick friends who says she is going to ( and she has really hot friends) doesn't. Of course I have come to accept the responsibility as my own and have learned you should not count on women to do the work a guy aught to be doing. Maybe things are different in MN than they are here in NH.
                        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                          Odd, me and my room mate were talking about the fact that women in our immediate social circle do not do these kinds of things. Of course one always must be weary of a friend hooking you up with her ugly friend, but I don't even get this sort of treatment. One of my chick friends who says she is going to ( and she has really hot friends) doesn't. Of course I have come to accept the responsibility as my own and have learned you should not count on women to do the work a guy aught to be doing. Maybe things are different in MN than they are here in NH.
                          The girls in your group just don't have a desperate enough friend at this time to try to set you up with them. and that is not a rip on you, they just won't try to set a friend up with a guy unless she's really desperate.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            The girls in your group just don't have a desperate enough friend at this time to try to set you up with them. and that is not a rip on you, they just won't try to set a friend up with a guy unless she's really desperate.
                            That is a really good point. Women tend to be more self interested and seem to rather throw their better looking friends under the bus, but the not so desirable ones appear to get better treatment. To be fair, there have been a few cases where my lady friends have helped out. One instance was a chick in college who was into me and she helped facilitate that. Another more recent example was when I asked for contact info on a friends behalf and she obliged. However, these are exceptions to the rule.

I just want to know why women meddle - especially when they already know that one side or the other isn't interested.

People want what they can't have. Its why guys in relationships or guys who date women are more desirable than single guys. If you arent interested, you are telegraphing that you are unavailable which makes women drive to get you that much more.
                            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                              People want what they can't have. Its why guys in relationships or guys who date women are more desirable than single guys. If you arent interested, you are telegraphing that you are unavailable which makes women drive to get you that much more.
                              That makes no sense whatsoever. It sort of makes me wish I stayed 100% geek instead of placing myself into social situations.

Comment

Saw this on the interwebs, and slowly nodded my head:

All girls want bad boys who will be good just for them. All guys want good girls who will be bad just for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X