This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Picking myself up, dusting myself off, and starting all over again. At least this girl follows a hockey team I actually like.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Picking myself up, dusting myself off, and starting all over again. At least this girl follows a hockey team I actually like.
      I've given up on that, it's tough to find a woman that likes the same team. Always Sabres or Penguins fans.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
        I've given up on that, it's tough to find a woman that likes the same team. Always Sabres or Penguins fans.
        What's wrong with a Sabres fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          What's wrong with a Sabres fan?
          Probably that she's from buffalo?
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
            By which you mean "Miller fans" and "Crosby fans".

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              Probably that she's from buffalo?
              I ask again, what's wrong with that? That's where a good chunk of my family is.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Good Luck to you sir. We'll hold your spot here open until we hear otherwise.

Comment

Hysterical!
                  I LOL'ed, but disagree that it's "hysterical."
                  Not sure if you were going for the "she probably thinks you're gay" angle. But if not, I'll add that as my 3 cents of the I love you conundrum
                  No, it's a much longer story than I inferred with my original post or that I want to get into here. We met four years ago and I kinda chased her for a little while and then really backed off as soon as I found out that she had a boyfriend, but this year I said "Screw it" and went after her anyways. Again, there's much more to it than that, but I'm not about to go into it right now.

But, the whole reason that I posted my original post this week is that she came up to visit (along with a couple of my brothers from my fraternity) this weekend for the Eagles/Bills game. Sunday was fun and then I took her to the Niagara Falls Butterfly Conservatory on Monday (she loves butterflies) and it was fantastic. Quotes include "Those first steps into the butterfly conservatory are something that I will never forget. Ever" "Nothing that I do this weekend will be as good as this past weekend" "It was almost unfair to be able to see you this weekend and have so much fun and then to have to leave again so suddenly", etc. And, so, I'm p*ssed at myself because I'm torturing myself by chasing so hard and putting both myself and her in impossible situations and I needed to vent and hear everyone b*tch at me for continuing to chase even though I've been friend-zoned.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  That changes the situation to the point where at least we all know there's one guy in her life who really doesn't like you when he's not talking to her.
                  I can think of two, him and her dad. And, really doesn't like you is putting it mildly (obviously).
                  Last edited by burgie12; 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM. Reason: response to St. Clown
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    I LOL'ed, but disagree that it's "hysterical."

No, it's a much longer story than I inferred with my original post or that I want to get into here. We met four years ago and I kinda chased her for a little while and then really backed off as soon as I found out that she had a boyfriend, but this year I said "Screw it" and went after her anyways. Again, there's much more to it than that, but I'm not about to go into it right now.

But, the whole reason that I posted my original post this week is that she came up to visit (along with a couple of my brothers from my fraternity) this weekend for the Eagles/Bills game. Sunday was fun and then I took her to the Niagara Falls Butterfly Conservatory on Monday (she loves butterflies) and it was fantastic. Quotes include "Those first steps into the butterfly conservatory are something that I will never forget. Ever" "Nothing that I do this weekend will be as good as this past weekend" "It was almost unfair to be able to see you this weekend and have so much fun and then to have to leave again so suddenly", etc. And, so, I'm p*ssed at myself because I'm torturing myself by chasing so hard and putting both myself and her in impossible situations and I needed to vent and hear everyone b*tch at me for continuing to chase even though I've been friend-zoned.
                    Love stinks. Yeah, yeah.

Comment

I don't think you are entirely in the friend zone. Instead, you're on the hook.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I don't think you are entirely in the friend zone. Instead, you're on the hook.
                        I was actually thinking of embedding the HIMYM episode that goes over that in here, but I figured it was too over the top. You're right, it's the hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          I was actually thinking of embedding the HIMYM episode that goes over that in here, but I figured it was too over the top. You're right, it's the hook.
                          It's never too over the top...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

But when they've been dating for 5+ years and you've been on the hook for 14 months, does it really make a difference whether you refer to it as friend-zoned or on the hook? I mean, really, there's not too much difference in the end result.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

No difference at all. This answer is still cut the cord.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                                But when they've been dating for 5+ years and you've been on the hook for 14 months, does it really make a difference whether you refer to it as friend-zoned or on the hook? I mean, really, there's not too much difference in the end result.
                                The answer is that if she can be this verbally intimate with you, have such an incredibly tight relationship with you while professing her love to the BF I would not feel comfortable/ feel too much trust if she decides to ditch the BF. This is the equivilent of cheating without the sex. Woman does not have commitment boundries.

Comment

Working...
                                X