X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    More or less.

Though, my buddy met his university professor, hockey-loving wife on Tinder, so f-ck if I know.
    Have a friend that married through Tinder. IIRC 3 years now? I dunno. I'm too old school for the new game.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      From talking to some people, Tinder is a slightly more classier BackPages.
      Well, BackPage was literally hookers.

I heard...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So...I just had a Google Hangouts first date with a woman who admitted she is a Bernie supporter who voted for Stein, and now regrets it. :-/

Comment

Ace woman and I are having a wonderful conversation. If this keeps up, I can't wait to meet her.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            So...I just had a Google Hangouts first date with a woman who admitted she is a Bernie supporter who voted for Stein, and now regrets it. :-/

You can braid her armpit hair.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's roughly a 5% chance she will cut off your *****. I grew up outside of Manassas VA, so you can trust me here. :P

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I introduced myself to a couple other people on OK Cupid. That said, if nothing works out, I'm not going to worry about it
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I checked out my likes on OK Cupid. Mostly so-called men. Two without a face pic. One with the title of Anal Lover. One with the title of HOOKUP in all caps.

Not liking any of them back. I mean, there's a chance I'll date a cis man, but he's gotta want more than sex.

Comment

At least they were upfront about what they wanted, so you could easily swipe left.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      I mean, there's a chance I'll date a cis man, but he's gotta want more than sex.
                      I have some bad news for you.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

At least they were upfront about what they wanted, so you could easily swipe left.
                        And I swiped left about 175 times.

As for the ace woman I'm talking to? We're still talking and she's getting to come home from overseas when she finds a flight.

Comment

Kepler just told on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Kepler just told on himself.
                            It wasn't a secret before either.

For men, existence precedes essence. The drive for sex precedes the interest in the other's personhood. To not accept this is to not accept men.

Mistaken corollaries sometimes derived from this axiom:

1. Men have no essence. We are only ever about sex and never personhood.

False. Men are humans and we have all the human desires for and fascinations with the deep emotional and intellectual content of others. The fact that physicality comes first doesn't preclude the latter but only marks it later on a timeline.

2. Men are beasts.

False. This is warmed over Victoriana, which itself was warmed over chivalry, which was a modulation of the misogyny of Patristic circle-jerk Christianity. Men and women are equally human, by definition. Hemlines as to what is privileged as human rise and fall as cultures meander.

3. Men are immature.

Irrelevant. Men mature later than women but initially prioritizing sex over emotional commitment has nothing to do with that.

4. Men suck.

True, but because men are people, not because we are men.

Universal caveat: tendencies, means, distributions, overlapping tails, non-deterministic, YMMV, etc.

This has been Manplaining Men, or more accurately Keplersplaining Men since the confusion here was not nonmale but merely the specific misfortune of being nonKepler.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-25-2020, 01:35 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Kep was born in the 60s, he's old-school like my dad born in 1957 who still has no problem casually saying the n-word in private conversation. But also MT, you might need to acknowledge that attractiveness and sex work both ways. I like women, but I don't automatically fall for ALL women, you know?

Comment

Kep was born in the 60s, he's old-school like my dad born in 1957 who still has no problem casually saying the n-word in private conversation. But also MT, you might need to acknowledge that attractiveness and sex work both ways. I like women, but I don't automatically fall for ALL women, you know?
                                For me, there are attractive women, and then there are attractive women I'd like to get to know better (and not just the Biblical sense).
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X