Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #5 Maine vs #4Merrimack HEA quarterfinals

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    I am also curious; Maine typically travels well when they play at UNH. I've often wondered how many were fans making the trek from Orono, and how many were 'transplants' taking the opportunity to see their team without driving for days and days up I-95.

Hotels are just too expensive nowadays when you're trying to travel on a UNH Salary . . .
    Lot of Maine fans in Southern New England, so they can drive to Andover pretty easy. You can go to school here but its tough to get a job here, so Boston area is a pretty popular destination. I expect quite a few Mainers in attendance. Is MC on break?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Lot of Maine fans in Southern New England, so they can drive to Andover pretty easy. You can go to school here but its tough to get a job here, so Boston area is a pretty popular destination. I expect quite a few Mainers in attendance. Is MC on break?
      next week
      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        I am also curious; Maine typically travels well when they play at UNH. I've often wondered how many were fans making the trek from Orono, and how many were 'transplants' taking the opportunity to see their team without driving for days and days up I-95.

Hotels are just too expensive nowadays when you're trying to travel on a UNH Salary . . .
        It seems that there are many Maine fans at EVERY road game - yes hotels are expensive, but let's face facts, what ELSE is there to do up here in the winter??

Comment

Student seats are already sold out for both games
          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
            Student seats are already sold out for both games
            Hope the weather subsides so the Block Party is a success! It's looking pretty nice out for tomorrow at least, so that one should go really well.

Comment

Why play the games? Local newspaper says Merrimack is 4-2 against Maine the last two years. Even though I could have sworn that's 4-2 in Maine's favor. They're just gonna award the games to Merrimack by rewriting history anyways.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

they swept Maine at home a few years ago in the 07-08 season I remember that.
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

If all of Ben Murphy's family attended they would need the entire allotment of Maine tix. Many live in the No. Andover area.

Comment

HAHA

His family runs a 25+ team org out of Merrimack called the Middlesex Islanders. All practices, games etc held there.

Guess what their colors are... http://www.iyho.org/

Old Maine players, Bruce Major, Rob Beers, Ben etc are involved and coach teams. I am sure MD loves seeing maine colors on the ice 3/4 hours a day there..

MC in 2 easy games

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

MC in 2 easy games
                      Maine 2-1 vs MC
                      Maine outscored MC 12-8
                      Maine is unbeaten in their last 7 games. MC backed their way into the playoffs and managed to lose the season series to PC.
                      Cannata is dreadful right now.
                      MC did manage to rack up 190 penalty Minutes in 4 games
                      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                        Maine 2-1 vs MC
                        Maine outscored MC 12-8
                        Maine is unbeaten in their last 7 games. MC backed their way into the playoffs and managed to lose the season series to PC.
                        good points

With SD, akicking, without, avg

Have said all along, last 4 or 5 are meaningless, lock up home ice, get SD healthy and start your new season

JC might have had a rough few games but far superior to a rough season by ME goalies. Bounces back as good as anyone. MC must simply get puck on net and good things will happen.

MC in 2 easy games.

ME had 162 p minutes in last 4. Choked vs U Mass, d was exposed again. Goalie fell down
                        Last edited by Hokydad; 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

good points

With SD, akicking, without, avg

Have said all along, last 4 or 5 are meaningless, lock up home ice, get SD healthy and start your new season

JC might have had a rough few games but far superior to a rough season by ME goalies. Bounces back as good as anyone. MC must simply get puck on net and good things will happen.

MC in 2 easy games.
                          yes he had a TREMENDOUS bounce back game vs maine Saturday night...what he give up like 5 goals in 2 periods? Man that's good
                          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

yes he had a TREMENDOUS bounce back game vs maine Saturday night...what he give up like 5 goals in 2 periods? Man that's good
                            Hold that thought for about 9.5 hours

Comment

Maine 2-1 vs MC
                              Maine outscored MC 12-8
                              You should send this to the selection committee on Sunday night after Maine's season ends. Maybe they will reconsider their field and put Maine in ahead of Merrimack based on these meaningful accomplishments.

Of course, you could put an asterisk next to a few of those accomplishments (you Maine fans should be familiar with that from the Walsh era)
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Rob Beers
                                Any relation to Bob?

I'll take Maine in 3 here.

Comment

Working...
                                X