UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Offseason Begins

Thank god the season is done! No more suffering because better days ahead for River Hawks!

Re: UML Offseason Begins

There is NOT a lot to like about UMass Lowell hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
      There is NOT a lot to like about UMass Lowell hockey.
      The possibility that they may fire Blaise after such another dissappointing season?
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        The possibility that they may fire Blaise after such another dissappointing season?
        That's really doubtful at this point.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Well, something to hope for. They need to, at least from my outside viewpoint. Seasons like this one are to be expected when the roster is full of Frosh, but failing to make the NCAA's with loaded senior laden rosters (and last year with the two of the best goaltenders in the college hockey) well..... if he can't get it done then there are coaching issues.

Anyways, watching this weekends games Lowell has some things to look forward to over the next 3 years.... I hope for your sake Blaise is gone before the kids hit their Junior and Senior years.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I don't know if anybody saw this yet... I'm sure they must be selling these in person, though....

http://www.hockeyeastshop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=272

quibbles... would be nice to see a league logo on these I know the 99?-03 replicas do as well as the 04-06? replicas also. I think the blue looks faded in the picture... I think UML's blue is darker... though to be honest, if I were to get one of the blue jerseys I'd like my hands on an authentic... granted that's almost always the case, but it looks like there's a leap between what I've seen and what is shown in that link.

edit: to be fair, i still don't have my hands on a proper gameworn with a league patch... just the "game worn" chiefs jersey.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UML basketball (20-9) makes the NCAA DII Basketball Tournament. They're the #4 seed in the NCAA East Region at will play #5 St. Rose (21-8) on Saturday at Bentley (Waltham, MA). The two teams played only once this year, with UML winning at home 92-82.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I think i might head down to Bentley to watch. I think it will be great game!!!

Comment

Indeed, I hope that whatever decision(s) are made with the coaching/administration of this team over the course of the off-season are made quickly.

No matter what happens, those "sieges a chaud" for the entire coaching staff are going to be "muy caliente" next season. The players are going to be warm as well.

I'm sure the topic will be key for discussion on the board for the rest of this month as well as during the 2011-2012 season, especially if there is no marked improvement.

For me, the college hockey fan takes over for the playoffs which are already in progress. Hopefully, it won't be a usual "Big Four" showing when the HE teams are paired to four. I'm sure all of the pundits will pick Merrimack to lose to Maine. Personally, NU could be poised to steal the series from BU. Unless Madore stands on his head, BC and UNH should easily make it to championship weekend.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

I would love to see the Mack and NU progress!

Comment

Well, at least we know that the team won't end next season in Vermont or Maine as they have a few times in recent years. From the Hockey East Weekly Release, Joe Bertagna gave out what the season ending matchups will be for next season:

March 2
                      NU at BU
                      UNH at Maine
                      UVM at BC
                      Lowell at PC
                      Merrimack at UMass

March 3
                      BU at NU
                      UNH at Maine
                      UVM at BC
                      PC at Lowell
                      UMass at Merrimack
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Well, at least we know that the team won't end next season in Vermont or Maine as they have a few times in recent years. From the Hockey East Weekly Release, Joe Bertagna gave out what the season ending matchups will be for next season:

March 2
                        NU at BU
                        UNH at Maine
                        UVM at BC
                        Lowell at PC
                        Merrimack at UMass

March 3
                        BU at NU
                        UNH at Maine
                        UVM at BC
                        PC at Lowell
                        UMass at Merrimack
                        A home/home weekend with PC. If we have a shot to make the playoffs/home ice (I want home ice) that's a good chance right there.
                        Monty

Comment

A home/home weekend with PC. If we have a shot to make the playoffs/home ice (I want home ice) that's a good chance right there.
                          god, when was the last time we had a home/home to end the regular season... we always seem to draw UVM or Maine.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            god, when was the last time we had a home/home to end the regular season... we always seem to draw UVM or Maine.
                            The last time Lowell ended the season against someone other Maine or Vermont: 2004-05 (at Merrimack, Home vs. Providence)
                            The last time Lowell ended the season with a true home-and-home against one team: 1986-87 (Boston University)
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

From this morning's Lowell Sun.....

Officials from the UMass Lowell athletic department met yesterday with hockey coach Blaise MacDonald to discuss his future with the team, according to sources.

MacDonald, a Billerica native who has coached the River Hawks for 10 years, has one year left on his contract.

UML was 5-25-4 overall this past season and finished last in Hockey East.

While no decision was reached yesterday, the university is expected to make an announcement about MacDonald's situation later this week.

Interesting to note.. The university has already canned one coach this week, Kathy O'Neil of the women's basketball team who had been with UML for over 25 years.
                              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X