Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/3/11 -- MASCAC Semifinals -- it's not over 'till the Fat Daddy sings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/3/11 -- MASCAC Semifinals -- it's not over 'till the Fat Daddy sings!!!

Only games on tap:

Westfield @ Salem 7:00 Video
    Fitchburg @ Mass-Dartmouth 7:30 Video

I'll be posting updates from Salem. Hopefully MCullen will do the same from Hetland.
    Last edited by joecct; 03-03-2011, 03:53 PM. Reason: Video links
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 3/3/11 -- MASCAC Semifinals -- it's not over 'till the Fat Daddy sings!!!

Westfield 1
    Salem 0

Nelson PPG 6:15
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Salem State 1
      Westfield 1

End of 1st.
      Last edited by rockandrock44; 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Salem ties it @ 19:35
        Franklin SHG
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Salem 2-1
          Genovese SHG 10:04
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Fitchburg State 2
            University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth 1

End of 1st

Salem State 2
            Westfield 1

End of 2nd
            Last edited by rockandrock44; 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rockandrock44 View Post
              Fitchburg State 2
              University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth 1

End of 1st
              Goalscorers:
              FIT: Thomas McAleer (10, 13:24 of 1st), Kevin McCready (14, 17:54 of 1st)
              UMD: Ryan Hurd (5, 7:54 of 1st)

Goaltenders:
              FIT: Bobby Vorse
              UMD: Collin Tracy

Power Play:
              FIT: 0/0
              UMD: 0/0
              (Both teams will play 4 on 4 for the first 1:12 of the 2nd)

Ryan Hurd started the scoring with his fifth goal of the season (and third against Bobby Vorse) with a wrist shot over Vorse's glove. The Falcons would equal the score five and a half minutes later when strong passes from Travis Bertolotti and Curtis Nikitas found Thomas McAleer in front, who quickly fired a backhanded wrister past Tracy.

Fitchburg almost made it 2-1 a couple of minutes later with some nice passing from Kris Threlkeld to set up a Falcon (not sure who) on the doorstep, but the goal was waived off due to that player being in the crease before the puck was there. Kevin McCready would definitively make it 2-1 with a one timer in front of the net, being fed from Cory Callen, who was able to pull the puck out from against the boards to set up McCready.

Both teams have played sound defense. I doubt either team is above ten shots right now.

Comment

Are those cheerleaders I hear at the Salem State game?
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Fitchburg State 3
                  University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth 3

End of 2nd.

Comment

Fitchburg State and UMass Dartmouth are tied 3-3, through two periods.

Goalscorers:
                    FIT: Thomas McAleer (10, 13:24 of 1st), Kevin McCready (14, 17:54 of 1st), Trevor Lawler (8, 8:26 of 2nd)
                    UMD: Ryan Hurd (5, 7:54 of 1st), Rob Dudley (10, 2:35 of 2nd), Jason Stahl (15, 7:35 of 2nd)

Goaltenders:
                    FIT: Bobby Vorse
                    UMD: Collin Tracy

Power Play:
                    FIT: 0/2
                    UMD: 0/1

Rob Dudley tied the game for the Corsairs early by picking up a loose puck, skating in front of the goal, and beating Vorse five hole. Five minutes later, Jason Stahl would give UMD the lead by picking up a feed and firing the puck under Vorse's right pad. Trevor Lawler would tie the game back up less than a minute later on a one timer in front.

It's been a high intensity game throughout. Looks like we will be in for a great third period.

Comment

SHG westfield with 0:17.6 left tied it
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Westfield 2
                        Salem State 2

End of the 3rd

Does anyone know SOG for either of the games?
                        Last edited by rockandrock44; 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

OT @ salem
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Salem WINS!!!!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Salem State 3
                              Westfield 2
                              OT Final

University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth 3
                              Fitchburg State 3
                              End of 3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X