Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warriors travel to Black Bear country for a pair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warriors travel to Black Bear country for a pair...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Any MC fans coming tomorrow, good luck. 5 to 10inches of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain can be expected depending on how close you are to the coast. Doubt the game gets called but it might
    Just checked Accuweather. They said 1-3 inches where yesterday they had said 4-8. The temperatures will be above freezing for much of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Just checked Accuweather. They said 1-3 inches where yesterday they had said 4-8. The temperatures will be above freezing for much of the day.
      National Weather Service says 5 inches South and up to 13 inches North. Orono would fall closer to North than South, so I would expect anywhere from 7-12 inches.

Comment

Any MC fans coming tomorrow, good luck. 5 to 10inches of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain can be expected depending on how close you are to the coast. Doubt the game gets called but it might
        I doubt it too, Warriors will already be up there before the snow starts...
        "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
        "Why?"
        "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
          As most teams do, I would think that they travel up to Orono the day before (similarly, they would do the same for VT). So I agree with you, they should have been there last night.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
            As most teams do, I would think that they travel up to Orono the day before (similarly, they would do the same for VT). So I agree with you, they should have been there last night.
            Merrimack was up there last night.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
              They may not want fans traveling to Alfond, 8 to 14 now, doesn't sound like the changeover is going to be as far inland. I'll have to see what it looks like at 4pm to see if I'm going. I used to go no matter what, not so much the last 4 years
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                Merrimack was up there last night.
                Thanks for the confirmation. That is what I thought from past experiences.
                Last edited by Chickens@NU; 02-25-2011, 07:26 AM.
                Originally posted by Bakunin
                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
                  Unfortunately the student section will be lacking this weekend as spring break starts Friday...
                  Game is on! Additionally, the dorms are staying open an extra night for students who don't want to drive home in the snow. Could actually see a showing.
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Game isn't on for me, I thought it'd be slowing down by now but looking at the radar it looks like 5 or 6 more hours of this crap. got 8 to 10 at my house already. Not gonna drive 35 miles in this crap, I must be getting old

Comment

Game isn't on for me, I thought it'd be slowing down by now but looking at the radar it looks like 5 or 6 more hours of this crap. got 8 to 10 at my house already. Not gonna drive 35 miles in this crap, I must be getting old
                      You are not old, you are wise. Up in the Bangor area, the roads are horrible, had the perfect combination of temperature and wet snow to ice the roads up good. This is a good night to listen on the radio.

Comment

Me too. I bailed on hitting a couple of my accounts today because of the snow. Normally, I don't mind driving in the snow, but I just had a bad feeling about this storm, the snow was wet and the roads were sloppy and greasy, and they said it was gonna be blowing around some as the day went on, making visibilty horrible. Just didn't wantto be on the roads in this.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

10 minutes til the puck drops in Orono...GO WARRIORS!!! Let's make Maine the 8th team to lose a season series to the Warriors!!! 7 down, 2 to go...1st place is within reach!! GO MC!!!!
                          As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Sounds like the return of Merrihack. Is Da Costa playing tonight? I hope so. I wonder how much is knee is healed?, I'll bet he finds out

Comment

you can always count on Merrihack to goon it up

Comment

Definitely a frustrating night for the Warriors...Maine's D really clamped down...to have only 1/2 the amount of shots that you have averaged on the season...rough, rough night...and some STUPID penalites during the 3rd, resulting in losing Bigos for tonight...not good.

As for DaCosta...Just listened to a podcast at warriorhockey.org Sounds like yesterday was his first day on the ice, so it sounds doubtful that you will see him at all this weekend. Almost made it sound like his return isn't happening until next weekend at the earliest.

Here's hoping to a weekend split tonight...but going to be tough without Bigos, DaCosta, Flannigan, etc.
                                As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Working...
                                X