Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I should have said ALL SPORTS THAT ANYONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT.

My bad.

Here's my list of sports that anyone gives a crap about:

1 Football (especially pro )
    2 Hockey (including d-1 women's)
    3 Baseball (you got us there, but we can erase all of that with just one WS title that isn't 20 years ago, HELLO MR. GREINKE!)
    4 Hoops

As you can see, using this criteria, we are superior not only to you, but to the rest of the midwest as well. I rest my case.

Pfft, now I know you're lying. NO ONE gives a crap about women's hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      *****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/images/smilies/Goldy_Kills_Bucky2.gif******
      I just wanted to see that posted one more time.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Pfft, now I know you're lying. NO ONE gives a crap about women's hockey!
      Dang, you're right. I should have caught that. Just shows paint thinner can make you do crazy things I guess like pay attention to women's hockey.
      Last edited by Tiggsy; 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Considering the best player on the team was a Badger I'm not sure this argument holds much water...
        First the obvious...9 players vs. 2? (not counting the duluth players) Okay, whatever you say. Plus I don't think either of those two is an obvious choice as "best player." Nice try, but FAIL!
        Last edited by Tiggsy; 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Speaking of fail, 9 players? Four of them couldn't have played in the '79-80 season, even if they had wanted to. Baker, Janaszak, Verchota and Schneider had all graduated before that Olympic season (or in Schneider's case, left school after the '75 season).

FWIW, Neal Broten did come back for the '81 season.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            First the obvious...9 players vs. 2? (not counting the duluth players) Okay, whatever you say. Plus I don't think either of those two is an obvious choice as "best player." Nice try, but FAIL!
            Uh, Mark Johnson lead the team in scoring. If it's not him, it's Eruzione or Craig. Which of those two went to Minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              So your logic in comparing states is to pull in a team that resides outside the state? How can I compete with that?

edit: how's this...
              Last year I was a saints fan. The year before that I was a steelers fan, and the year before that I was a giants fan. Therefore WI sucks because they only have one SB to my 3.
              You can be a front runner if you want. I only brought up the Hawks as a response to the "How's the NHL team in WI doing?" crack. They weren't part of my initial point (such as it was) and they don't need to be. We're just better than you in Sports (and life).

Comment

Just let the doofus believe his drivel. This particular bickerfest has run out of its entertainment value.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Just let the doofus believe his drivel. This particular bickerfest has run out of its entertainment value.
                  Agreed. It very quickly changed from fun to annoying.

Comment

Uh, Mark Johnson lead the team in scoring. If it's not him, it's Eruzione or Craig. Which of those two went to Minnesota?
                    I'l take Herb Brookes for $100.
                    I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                    -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Doofus?

Drivel?

This coming from the fan base that claims we all drink thinner and molest dead animals?

You're only sick of the bickerfest coz you can't win it.

I love Gopher week. So few of you have a sense of humor.

Comment

He's an airline pilot for American (or United?) now. Can you imagine having Captain Al Secord come on the intercom or even better, coming back to deal with an unruly passenger?

"Welcome aboard American Airlines flight 307 to Detroit. Your captain today is Basil McRae..."

Awesome!
                        I hadn't heard that one.

You're co pilot today is Shane Churla......
                        I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                        -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Doofus?

Drivel?

This coming from the fan base that claims we all drink thinner and molest dead animals?

You're only sick of the bickerfest coz you can't win it.

I love Gopher week. So few of you have a sense of humor.
                          http://www.startribune.com/local/116227309.html
                          What was that about drinking thinner again? Only in WI, correct?

You can't "win" a bickerfest with someone who's so deluded they live in their own little bubble and selectively picks "facts" in an attempt at trolling.

Comment

Conveniently, I'm including pro sports and talking about our entire state.

In addition, I'm only going back to, say, 1990.

Don't forget UW-Whitewater as we have all celebrated their run at the top of D-3 football and I believe St. Nortbert has had a good run in D-3 hockey including the D-3 title in 2008.
                            Didn't UMD win the Division 2 fb championship?
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Didn't UMD win the Division 2 fb championship?
                              Yes.

Comment

StarTribune Headline from Today - "Man found unconscious in Wis. with 0.559 blood-alcohol level"

I love when we play Becky Badgers...Sconi Fans make it so easy to make fun of them! I bet Chuck Schwatz could beat .559....some of the stuff he writes on his blog...that guy has to be light up 24/7.

Comment

Working...
                                X