Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Your school doesn't have ALL sports, though (no gymnastics team for starters).
    Conveniently, I'm including pro sports and talking about our entire state.

In addition, I'm only going back to, say, 1990.

Don't forget UW-Whitewater as we have all celebrated their run at the top of D-3 football and I believe St. Nortbert has had a good run in D-3 hockey including the D-3 title in 2008.

Comment

In all fairness to those teams already brought up, I think we should be talking about the two teams that really matter - the Bucks and Timberwolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Just a quick look at the Gopher/BADger hockey head to head records from 1990-1991 through present....

Over 81 games the Gophers hold a 46-27-8 record against the BADgers correlating to a win% of 0.617.

WisconSIN has won two or more games against the Gophers 5 times over that period. The Gophers have BEATen becky two or more games in a season 16 times since 1990.
        I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
        -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Your friend asked for enlightenment about top ATHLETES running for the border to come to Wisconsin.

You guys keep talking thinner, deer and any other meaningless things and we'll (or just I will) keep talking about our great standing across ALL sports.
          Regarding all sports - the final standings for the NACDA Directors cup in 09-10 (most recent final posted) has Minnesota at 18, 'Sconnie at 21. What was that you were saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
            Just a quick look at the Gopher/BADger hockey head to head records from 1990-1991 through present....

Over 81 games the Gophers hold a 46-27-8 record against the BADgers correlating to a win% of 0.617.

WisconSIN has won two or more games against the Gophers 5 times over that period. The Gophers have BEATen becky two or more games in a season 16 times since 1990.
            The ONLY stat that matters over that time period is 2 = 2 in NCAA hockey (unfortunately).

I honestly could not care less about the head to head. Wisconsin and Minnesota measure success by national championships. Talk head to head with SCSU or UMD.

Oh, how I wish we weren't robbed in 92 and that we were better last year.

Comment

Conveniently, I'm including pro sports and talking about our entire state.

Don't forget UW-Whitewater as we have all celebrated their run at the top of D-3 football and I believe St. Nortbert has had a good run in D-3 hockey including the D-3 title in 2008.
              Of course. how is that pro hockey team doing that you've got over there? Just thought I'd ask since this is a hockey message board. Also go ahead and claim D3 as all yours since all our schools decided to go D1. (okay not all, but way more then any other nearby state.)

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Regarding all sports - the final standings for the NACDA Directors cup in 09-10 (most recent final posted) has Minnesota at 18, 'Sconnie at 21. What was that you were saying?
                I should have said ALL SPORTS THAT ANYONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT.

My bad.

Here's my list of sports that anyone gives a crap about:

1 Football (especially pro )
                2 Hockey (including d-1 women's)
                3 Baseball (you got us there, but we can erase all of that with just one WS title that isn't 20 years ago, HELLO MR. GREINKE!)
                4 Hoops

As you can see, using this criteria, we are superior not only to you, but to the rest of the midwest as well. I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Of course. how is that pro hockey team doing that you've got over there? Just thought I'd ask since this is a hockey message board. Also go ahead and claim D3 as all yours since all our schools decided to go D1. (okay not all, but way more then any other nearby state.)
                  Just as well as yours.

Again, conveniently, I am a life long Hawks fan.

Used to come up and see them at the Met Center against your previous, slightly more successful, NHL franchise.

North Stars > Wild

I sure hope the Vikings don't move on you, but they wouldn't be the first would they? Oh wait, or the second. Are you seeing the pattern?

Comment

The ONLY stat that matters over that time period is 2 = 2 in NCAA hockey (unfortunately).

I honestly could not care less about the head to head. Wisconsin and Minnesota measure success by national championships. Talk head to head with SCSU or UMD.

Oh, how I wish we weren't robbed in 92 and that we were better last year.
                    Since 90-91 the Gophers are up 2 -1.

And while we are at it, UW and UND need to acknowledge their championships in 1980 and 1981 are complete shams. The Gophers were dismantled for the sake of the country. We gave away those seasons to win the gold medal for the USA and to help end the Cold War.

The record books should have an * noting the GOLD medal and the sham championships.

And you are welcome.
                    I HATE RED!

Comment

Just as well as yours.

Used to come up and see them at the Met Center against your previous, slightly more successful, NHL franchise.

North Stars > Wild

I sure hope the Vikings don't move on you, but they wouldn't be the first would they? Oh wait, or the second. Are you seeing the pattern?
                      Secord Sucks!
                      I HATE RED!

Comment

Just as well as yours.

North Stars > Wild

So your logic in comparing states is to pull in a team that resides outside the state? How can I compete with that?

edit: how's this...
                        Last year I was a saints fan. The year before that I was a steelers fan, and the year before that I was a giants fan. Therefore WI sucks because they only have one SB to my 3.
                        Last edited by Tiggsy; 02-15-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Since 90-91 the Gophers are up 2 -1.

And while we are at it, UW and UND need to acknowledge their championships in 1980 and 1981 are complete shams. The Gophers were dismantled for the sake of the country. We gave away those seasons to win the gold medal for the USA and to help end the Cold War.

The record books should have an * noting the GOLD medal and the sham championships.

And you are welcome.
                          Considering the best player on the team was a Badger I'm not sure this argument holds much water...

Comment

This thread was fun before everyone started being so serious.

Comment

Secord Sucks!
                              He's an airline pilot for American (or United?) now. Can you imagine having Captain Al Secord come on the intercom or even better, coming back to deal with an unruly passenger?

"Welcome aboard American Airlines flight 307 to Detroit. Your captain today is Basil McRae..."

Awesome!

Comment

*****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/images/smilies/Goldy_Kills_Bucky2.gif******
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X