Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Marvin (SCSU): Disgrace to college hockey (and his own school...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aaron Marvin (SCSU): Disgrace to college hockey (and his own school...)

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
    I was completely unaware that St. Cloud fans felt Marvin, as FTLT put it, is "among the worst captains in Husky history." Most of the stuff I have read is St. Cloud fans defending Marvin and pleading for other fans (read Sioux fans) to let it go.

In reality, all teams have cheap shot artists and yappers, Luke Staufacher comes to mind for tUMD.
    Marvin's being blamed because he's the captain of a team that lost one valuable forward, one valuable defenseman, and nobody else, and in a league where teams like DU and UW lost a ton, we've dropped drastically in the standings. You wouldn't have seen a lot of SCSU fans talking down about him, because that doesn't take place in a series thread, but if you look at our season thread, or even worse, check out dahuskies, you'll see a lot of fans piling on him, fair or not.

As for the hit, I saw it and didn't think much of it. Players do it all the time on the PK, assuming they won't get it called. As for Sloe Gin, Jesus, are you really that dense? Pretty much every SCSU fan has said what I'm about to say; the hit on Genoway was reckless, was cheap, was a BAD decision. He's only made one such bad decision in 4 years at St. Cloud. The Geoffrion hit was a joke; wasn't called a penalty, Blake lowered his head and Marvin tried to hit shoulder and because Blake put his head down, he missed. And this Duluth thing... oh my goodness, you know how bad of a hit it was? Absolutely One tUMD fan has asked for some sort of reprecussion. ONE.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Wow what a great thread. It's a rare combination of hypocrisy and stupidity with just a sprinkling of clear, rational thought to keep things from denigrating too quickly. Thanks to all involved, it made for a great read this morning over a couple cups of joe.

As for the hit/slash - I didn't see it so I can't offer an opinion. I trust our fearless leaders over at the league office will review the infraction carefully and hand out what ever punishment is justified for a villain of Marvin's stature. Although, I doubt they'll go with the ol' inverted crucifixion.
      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        In other words, Dude Love.
        fyp. Euro, at the time of the hit last year, a bunch of you were saying how it was Chay's fault, how that hit wasn't dirty, it was just a hard hit, etc. Now, over a year later, you all can take the high road and say how that was a dirty hit. Sure, now you say it since your team finally got to hang a banner this year for being an NCAA participant and ALMOST making it to the Frozen Four, and since your team is mired in the near basement of the WCHA and you know this season has no hope, sure you can say how much Aaron Marvin sucks and how he's a disgrace. If St. Cloud were fighting for home ice, you would all be sucking his *k just like you did over the past year.

Aaron Marvin is a dirty player. End of story.
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Just wondering, has there EVER been a Suzy player in the history of college hockey who has committed a cheap shot?
          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            fyp. Euro, at the time of the hit last year, a bunch of you were saying how it was Chay's fault, how that hit wasn't dirty, it was just a hard hit, etc. Now, over a year later, you all can take the high road and say how that was a dirty hit. Sure, now you say it since your team finally got to hang a banner this year for being an NCAA participant and ALMOST making it to the Frozen Four, and since your team is mired in the near basement of the WCHA and you know this season has no hope, sure you can say how much Aaron Marvin sucks and how he's a disgrace. If St. Cloud were fighting for home ice, you would all be sucking his *k just like you did over the past year.

Aaron Marvin is a dirty player. End of story.
            This is quite funny stuff. I was at the game this weekend and did not get a good look at the alleged slash. The next morning we were having coffee with my wife's parents (UND Alumni & die hard fans) who watched the game on TV and saw the replays. I mentioned a lot of people were upset on the message boards. My wife's dad laughed and said "what else are you going to do in Grand Forks after the game is over." He acknowledged Marvin's hit against Genoway was a bad hit (most agree) and unfortunately it follows a guy. As far as the alleged "two handed chop" he said that was totally over blown.

The Amsoil Arena rocked. Congrats Bulldogs. I have to say I am quite jealous of your new facility. Good luck the rest of the season.

UND fans, you should be putting a muzzle on people like Sloe Gin. He/She is a disgrace to your fan base. But then again, every team has a couple of these.
            Last edited by Bronzebacks; 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

If this travesty happened in Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Minneapolis, Madison, Denver, or Anchorage we'd have video online at this point. What's with that Bulldog fans? The game was on local TV, someone must have the capability to upload the crime footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                This is quite funny stuff. I was at the game this weekend and did not get a good look at the alleged slash. The next morning we were having coffee with my wife's parents (UND Alumni & die hard fans) who watched the game on TV and saw the replays. I mentioned a lot of people were upset on the message boards. My wife's dad laughed and said "what else are you going to do in Grand Forks after the game is over." He acknowledged Marvin's hit against Genoway was a bad hit (most agree) and unfortunately it follow's a guy. As far as the alleged "two handed chop" he said that was totally over blown.

The Amzoil Arena rocked. Congrats Bulldogs. I have to say I am quite jealous of your new facility. Good luck the rest of the season.

UND fans, you should be putting a muzzle on people like Sloe Gin. He/She is a disgrace to your fan base. But then again, every team has a couple of these.
                In the wake of the "genoway hit" roe got two handed in the back of the legs at the NHC by zajac I believe. Yeah it was a heated game but that event happened after Marvin dropped the gloves which cleaned the slate in my opinion. So, dirty actons by both teams and it happens with every team eventually. Bottom line is that there are a lot of tarnished halos out there and even more posters that are throwing rocks in their glass houses.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Unblievable how some humans have evolved backwards, way past the Cro-Magnon guys. The sub-human who started this thread is a prime example. Take away his human card, if he has one.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

I didn't see the lastest thing the worst most, meanest, nastiest, crueliest, cheapest, stinkiest, moronic, idiotic player ever to play Aaron Marvin did, so I won't comment on it.

I've always said the Genoway hit was stupid, dangerous, and a bad decision. Marvin should never have done it, but he did. He got suspended for it. I think it should have been a longer suspension, but that wasn't up to me.

The Geoffrion hit wasn't a dirty play, Geoffrion even acknowledges that. It was just a situation where one player went for a hit, missed and unfornately got the other player in the head. The only reason it became such a huge **** deal was the lastest villian in the WCHA was involved. Should a penalty been called? Probably. I was fine with the suspension as well. But I'm not going to count that hit anywhere near what happened to Genoway.

Some UND fans need to get past the whole Marvin is the worst goon ever because he hurt our player mindset. I'm not going to defend the hit Marvin put on Genoway, but I'm not going to make him some supervillian for it either. After this year, he will be done and UND fans will have to find a new devil on another team to be angry at all the time. I wonder who that will be?

Comment

It is good see Killer is doing his job. Which night was the two hand slash this past weekend? I hope he is in the heads of the UND players as much as he is in the heads of their fans.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                        If this travesty happened in Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Minneapolis, Madison, Denver, or Anchorage we'd have video online at this point. What's with that Bulldog fans? The game was on local TV, someone must have the capability to upload the crime footage.
                        We don't have someone recording the games at home. If my stupid Dish Network package had that channel I would record it.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                          Just wondering, has there EVER been a Suzy player in the history of college hockey who has committed a cheap shot?
                          exactly.

killer is coming, He is coming.........
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

MMFF will steal Marvin's soul. So no one should be worried. Then again, Marvin is so wonderful he has three souls.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              MMFF will steal Marvin's soul. So no one should be worried. Then again, Marvin is so wonderful he has three souls.
                              Dirty! Where ya been? Marvin has no soul for Frattin to take. According to Sloe Gin, Marvin is Lucifer.

Comment

If he is Lucifer, he has quite a few souls.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X