Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    The newest story posted on Merrimack's website (carrying a date of 2/11/11 - posted in the future?) says "A very limited number of tickets remain", the story right after it posted 2/10/11 says they are sold out.

Their online ticket site still has tickets available.
    As a long time BLC member at Merrimack who never thought he'd see the day where a game sold out in advance, I've checked the ticketing site a few times today out of curiousity. It at times has read no more tickets available then goes back online, with no more than singles left available. Great to see interest in college hockey and Merrimack specifically.

Comment

"Scorpios" is NOT a bar any longer, but a provisions store....no more stair diving in Scorps unfortunately... if you plan on being in Durham before 4:30 then you should be okay, but any later going past the Portsmouth traffic circle will make you hit an hour long delay for 10 miles! Or you can leave the circle at 6 and there's no problem....

Comment

Well, I don't usually venture score predictions, but I will here. Although it's somewhat counterintuitive given each team's home records, I say 'Mack beats us on our ice and we win down there. I don't see any kind of sweep by UNH, and it's more likely that MC could sweep us, or at least take 3 out of 4 points.

I also think that UNH should lose a game this weekend. The 'Cats got by last weekend on quite a bit of luck -- more than they deserved, with occasionally shaky defense and goaltending. They need to remember that other teams will expose these faults if left uncorrected as the games get bigger. They can't rely on stirring comebacks or puckluck. A loss this weekend wouldn't be a bad thing, if it leads to better team play and wins down the road. Just don't lose both games.

That said, I'm sticking with my prediction:
        Game 1 at UNH: MC wins 5-2, with an ENG
        Game 2 at Merrimack: UNH wins 4-3 in OT
        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I don't think Mack is winning at UNH. Have they beat anyone of note on the road this year? This is the time of year when UNH typically excels.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
            I don't think Mack is winning at UNH. Have they beat anyone of note on the road this year? This is the time of year when UNH typically excels.
            Yes because UNH always does well late in the season. Especially the playoffs!

Only kidding, of course. End of regular season youre right. Playoffs, well....I wont kick you guys in the nuts more than everyone else already has about that.

I think the teams will split, I agree with goblue.

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post

Only kidding, of course. End of regular season youre right. Playoffs, well....I wont kick you guys in the nuts more than everyone else already has about that.

I think that's his point, for the next month UNH dominates -then the playoffs roll around...

Comment

That's why I used the word "counterintuitive". Look it up, if you have to. True, 'Mack has a better record at home than away, but they gave us a struggle back in November (2-1 UNH win, with a 42-27 SOG advantage.)
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I agree that you guys split, although UNH stealing a point at Lawler wouldn't shock me. UNH and their top line are a different animal than the teams Mack has been beating up on recently.

Comment

I agree that you guys split, although UNH stealing a point at Lawler wouldn't shock me. UNH and their top line are a different animal than the teams Mack has been beating up on recently.
                    up at unh that top line scares the hell out of me. But its a different game on the mini-Merrimack sheet.

Comment

mike mcmann posted that the game is sold out on his blog
                      come on mack fans, it's Mike McMahon, y'all know him right? and he's gonna go big time , does super work for the Tribune

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        come on mack fans, it's Mike McMahon, y'all know him right? and he's gonna go big time , does super work for the Tribune
                        a good irish boy! I mispelled it because....well Im a terrible speller (thanks a lot Everett public schools!) and I'm Italian lol. But I should apologize to him tomorrow! I do like his blog alot. He went to merrimack too I think. I think I met him my senior year and he was probably only a freshman or sophomore a younger student for sure. He was interested in doing some stuff with our TV channel on the campus.
                        Last edited by 'MackFan; 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

It should be two good games. A split makes sense, but UNH better take care of business tonight or it could be a long weekend.

Comment

a good irish boy! I mispelled it because....well Im a terrible speller (thanks a lot Everett public schools!) and I'm Italian lol. But I should apologize to him tomorrow! I do like his blog alot. He went to merrimack too I think. I think I met him my senior year and he was probably only a freshman or sophomore a younger student for sure. He was interested in doing some stuff with our TV channel on the campus.
                            He's no big time Chuck Dukas, that's for sure.

I'd not cry about a split. But I have high hopes for MC. And I agree, the MC schedule has been pretty favorable, and remains so in the home stretch other than the weekend up in Orono. I respect the Alfond but have reservations about the actual caliber of the bears. (cue 50 "i hate tim" posts)

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              He's no big time Chuck Dukas, that's for sure.

I'd not cry about a split. But I have high hopes for MC. And I agree, the MC schedule has been pretty favorable, and remains so in the home stretch other than the weekend up in Orono. I respect the Alfond but have reservations about the actual caliber of the bears. (cue 50 "i hate tim" posts)
                              Big Chuck! What is he up to nowadays?

Comment

Big Chuck! What is he up to nowadays?
                                Google him if you have some time to kill

Comment

Working...
                                X