X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The definitive tournament speculation thread

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Utica is 450 miles. How about Fredonia?
    Fredonia and Buff state aren't likely getting in.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
      MSOE takes the MCHA AQ, thus no need to apply the 500 mile rule?
      Absolutely. There are a couple teams who could up end Adrian in the MCHA tourney.

If that were to happen though, I actually think Adrian would have a legit shot at a Pool C where they would be the west's #4 seed and guess where they'd travel for their first round game???

Comment

Elmira?
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Fredonia and Buff state aren't likely getting in.
          Fredonia probably not but you never know if Kevin Carr could steal Buff State a SUNYAC title.

Comment

Full comments on this week's projection here
            2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
            2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
            2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
            Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              Ah, but no doubt the NCAA has rules against teams having to travel through Canada to get to their first round game...
              Don't think so. One year Clarkson had to play North Dakota in an NCAA 1st round series (back when they were on campus). Clarkson flew to Winnipeg and bused down. It was easier and quicker - bus to Ottawa, fly to Winnipeg, bus to USA.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                Full comments on this week's projection here
                You're a beast. Sorry about the delay on getting these up. Had a little item I had to deal with last night. Apologies to Prof and his rankings as well. Everything is beyond appreciated as always...

Oh, I'll actually also mention you've been far more accurate than Rennell...
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Don't think so. One year Clarkson had to play North Dakota in an NCAA 1st round series (back when they were on campus). Clarkson flew to Winnipeg and bused down. It was easier and quicker - bus to Ottawa, fly to Winnipeg, bus to USA.
                  That could be a little trickier now considering the ridiculous passport regs we've enacted for re-entering from Canada. Entire team and staff would need them, no?

Comment

Teams within 500 miles of Adrian: Stevens Point, St. Norbert, Lawrence, Marian, Concordia-WI, MSOE, Lake Forest, Elmira, Buffalo State, Hobart, Fredonia, Brockport, Oswego.

Note: Oswego is just shy of 500 miles per any real map, but last I knew the NCAA calculator had it over 500 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                      Oh, I'll actually also mention you've been far more accurate than Rennell...
                      Not for the East, the only region that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        That could be a little trickier now considering the ridiculous passport regs we've enacted for re-entering from Canada. Entire team and staff would need them, no?
                        moot point for Clarkson. They won't be making the NCAA's anytime soon.

But I'm imagining that most D-I hockey players have passports and quite a few have entry visas stamped with Oswego as a point of entry
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                          +1.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Teams within 500 miles of Adrian: Stevens Point, St. Norbert, Lawrence, Marian, Concordia-WI, MSOE, Lake Forest, Elmira, Buffalo State, Hobart, Fredonia, Brockport, Oswego.

Note: Oswego is just shy of 500 miles per any real map, but last I knew the NCAA calculator had it over 500 miles away.
                            Detroit to Utica is 450 miles. How much further is Adrian?

edit: just looked, 71 miles.
                            Last edited by altazo; 02-16-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                              Says the guy in NASCAR country. All ramped up for Daytoner?

Comment

Says the guy in NASCAR country. All ramped up for Daytoner?
                                Go further south for that, young grasshopper. For this is college basketball land. Although I do hear Duke, UNC, and NC State have quite the club hockey teams.

And let me rephrase.....

Not for the Northeast, the only region that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X