Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The definitive tournament speculation thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I don't think 2 MASCAC teams will be ranked.

Question for Matt and Josh - once you are ranked, you are always ranked, right? So if #15 tanks, do we end up with 16 ranked teams????
    I'll answer the MASCAC part later but only current ranked teams are considered ranked teams. So never more than 15.
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
      I'll answer the MASCAC part later but only current ranked teams are considered ranked teams. So never more than 15.
      When the system first started it was once ranked, always ranked - but they changed it after the first year.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

With the finals being in the West do you think the committee might pick 2 west teams in pool c just to try to have a More "western flavor" and to make a better chance of getting 2 western teams in the final four
        or will the seeding do that?

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
        A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
        Arizona State Class of 1974
        ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
          With the finals being in the West do you think the committee might pick 2 west teams in pool c just to try to have a More "western flavor" and to make a better chance of getting 2 western teams in the final four
          or will the seeding do that?
          As long as there's one pool C for the west, they can guarantee that by the seeding. There are five first round byes - they give all four western teams a bye and they're in the quarter finals.

Comment

Regional Rankings are released tomorrow, correct? Sorry, haven't had time to check the board lately.
            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
              Regional Rankings are released tomorrow, correct? Sorry, haven't had time to check the board lately.
              Next Wednesday.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                This week is the double secret rankings. My question about that for somebody who knows: Are games against "secretly ranked" teams from this week counted as games against ranked teams for next week's rankings? It seems to me there's a certain iterative thing that goes on here when a team is unranked and another takes it's place - but that effect doesn't show up until the following week, right?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  Next Wednesday.
                  Thank you.
                  Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                  1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                  21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                    Next Wednesday.
                    It depends where you read in the manual. One section says the 1st ranking is released, while another one says it is "secret". The proofreading on the manual was pee poor. The have the championship dates right in one place and wrong in another.

I think D-III adopted the Mobius strip for a reason.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      This week is the double secret rankings. My question about that for somebody who knows: Are games against "secretly ranked" teams from this week counted as games against ranked teams for next week's rankings? It seems to me there's a certain iterative thing that goes on here when a team is unranked and another takes it's place - but that effect doesn't show up until the following week, right?
                      Correction, the record vs ranked teams count for the current weeks rankings, not the next. As you can imagine this creates quite the infinite loop of ranking teams then reranking them based on the previous rankings only to alter them because of the present rankings thus giving us the future rankings which are reranked due to the changes from the previous rankings which leaves us with the present rankings. Got that? Hence the need for this...

*****http://accuracyandaesthetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/mobius.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                        Correction, the record vs ranked teams count for the current weeks rankings, not the next. As you can imagine this creates quite the infinite loop of ranking teams then reranking them based on the previous rankings only to alter them because of the present rankings thus giving us the future rankings which are reranked due to the changes from the previous rankings which leaves us with the present rankings. Got that? Hence the need for this...

*****http://accuracyandaesthetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/mobius.jpg******
                        Too much...the possibilities make me dizzy...

Comment

Processes like that don't always converge.

Comment

Re: Bizarro World

I understand perfectly !!!
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Upon further examination, that shape has two distinct sides - it is not a mobius strip at all.

Unless my eyes deceive me, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                                Upon further examination, that shape has two distinct sides - it is not a mobius strip at all.

Unless my eyes deceive me, that is.
                                I thought that the first time I saw it, but I was never sure enough to mention it.
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X