Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    Rather be there and have a shot to embarrass ourselves.
    Which you've become quite good at.
    Last edited by rufus; 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I just can't get excited about UNH.......never have.

Comment

I have as many Mens Hockey National champions trophys at my house as the University of New Hampshire has in their trophy case! ZERO!

No hardware! CLAP CLAP CLAP! NO HARDWARE!
        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
          Actually, being exposed on National television as a pedophile with a tendency towards beastiality while wearing a Maine Black Bears hat is worse than both.
          I didn't know UNHers wore Black Bear hats?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            quality comeback

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Legend has it, long ago the great UNH team captain Paul Nugent, or "Ted", as his teammates referred to him, had the unfortunate circumstance of breaking his stick on a slapshot in a game against Bowdoin in 1942. In a fit of unmitigated rage, Nugent took to the surrounding Maine woods seeking his revenge. Using the remnants of his stick, he went on a killing rampage the likes of which caused Hitler himself to soil his lederhosen. Among the casualties was...a local black bear. Nugent would wear the black bear as a hat to remind people not to f--- with him.
              A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                No hardware!

University of No Hardware...........
                Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

MAINEhockeyfireWhitehead lives vicariously through it

Fixed your signatchah theyuh.
                Ayuh, you may have to look up that word "vicariously" in that big old dictionary ovah at the Orono Public Library.
                sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Nice you have no titles zich, zero, none, goosegg

Its sad you poor guys have never won a title as a maine fan I can keep it just to hockey and your OWNED.

University
                  of
                  No

Hardware!
                  Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky T. Badger View Post
                    Yeah... that 'bout sums it up...

Honestly, I would be a little surprised (and marginally pleased) if Maine picks up 1 point. I think they'll try hard, they generally seem to, with exceptions, of course (7-1...), but they just aren't a well oiled machine. They been inconsistent as a team, and while there is enough blame to go around, probably, I'd say that the goaltenders most epitomize the inconsistency. So we'll have to see... Perhaps the 'tenders will be better next year, if there is any goal production to go with them.

I'm beginning to think men's basketball might be the hot ticket in Orono these days.
                    Thanks for the supportive post! I do think the goaltending and defense will gain consistency. Unfortunately, it might coincide with an offensive identity crisis. Maine has a couple nice looking forwards in the pipeline, but the foreseeable future has Dee, House and most likely Nyquist leaving this year. Flynny, Abbott and Diamond will be clear leaders in next year's charge, but they haven't found the kind of 3rd line scoring depth that was hoped for to back them up this year and step up next year. This could be changing for the better though: Kyle Beattie and Jon Swavely are starting to look mighty comfortable and strong together! Can't wait to see if they can translate this newly developing chemistry on the road.

Leen, Lomberg and Shore all look like very promising young forwards who I expect to show up over the next two years. Leen should be here this fall, and not 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                      Nice you have no titles zich, zero, none, goosegg

Its sad you poor guys have never won a title as a maine fan I can keep it just to hockey and your OWNED.

University
                      of
                      No

Hardware!
                      Cheaters!

Comment

Cheaters!
                        http://www.concordmonitor.com/articl...d-on-probation

Comment

I will let someone else explain the difference between UNH's self reported violation and the violations which got Walsh suspended.

Comment

I will let someone else explain the difference between UNH's self reported violation and the violations which got Walsh suspended.
                            And I will let someone else explain that Shawn died 10 years ago this Septemeber, and Maine, unlike more programs than just UNH, has a clean bill of recruiting since then. Longer than, even. They might additionally explain that Shawn's reported violations happened 1996 and before, yet some UNH fans were accusing Maine fans of 'living in the past' in reference to something that happened in the spring of 1999.

BC fans are still allowed to use this smear, because they:
                            -Don't have an NCAA blemish themselves since Shawn's.
                            -Have won championships since Shawn's.

15 years later, it just sounds stupid coming from some groups.
                            Last edited by GoMaine24; 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

At least Maine fans want their coaches gone 365 days a year. UNH fans only want theirs gone in March and forget by September. Black Bears are nothing if not consistent.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

And could someone from the Wildcat camp clear this up for me? How many years is a team allowed to take pride in their program's championship before they're just living in the past?

58 teams, 1 winner. If 'everyone in the class got a turn' then boy THAT would be a long wait between. I'm pretty sure other prominent programs still admire their titles even if its been 'a while'...

Minnesota...8 years
                                North Dakota...11 years
                                Maine...12 years
                                Michigan...13 years
                                The ECAC as a whole...22 years
                                Michigan State....20 and 21 year stretches between their 3
                                Cornell...40 years
                                The wait between BC's 1st and 2nd... 52 years
                                Colorado College....53 years

Personally, I don't think any of those droughts look bad compared to

UNH.... *YIKES*

Comment

Working...
                                X