Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Hopefully this will make it a little easier for visiting fans to get their questions answered. Have at it!

Re: HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
    Hopefully this will make it a little easier for visiting fans to get their questions answered. Have at it!
    Ah what the heck, I'll be the first to reply. We enjoyed watching your team play in Colorado Springs several weeks ago. Did you make the trip?
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

No I did not personally make the trip. I did see on our webboard that some fellow Mav fans enjoyed your arena.

Comment

Greetings from Connecticut, the possible destination for your team, have a great rest of the season.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Finally! I'll go grab some local suggestions from other threads when I have a chance.

I haven't made a road trip this year, but hope to start next. When in the CCHA I made a trip to Fairbanks, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Marquette 3 x. UNO Lost every game I ever traveled to see. While I firmly believe that my negative impact is left behind in the CCHA, I'm not traveling this season. Go Mav's!

Well, here's looking at Alabama Huntsville weekend. Assuming the Mav's want to continue to make a statement this year in college hockey, we sould be dominant and skate away with 4 pts.

P.S. LT, you in the military?

Comment

Better late than never!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Looking forward to Hockey Night in Omaha! There are any number of good places to eat/drink within walking distance of the Hilton across from the Qwest Center.

South on 10th street (Away from the Qwest Center) you will first run into DJ's Dugout. New spot, large beers, lots of TV's. Next is Farrell’s just a bit east on 9th. (next to the Courtyard by Marriott).

Once you wander into the Old Market, check out Mr. Toads, Zio's Pizza, Dubliner, Upstream Brewery.

If you headed the other direction, Old Mattress Factory has good food/drink.

Finally, stop near the South Entrance of the Qwest for ice cold PBR, Old Milwaukee, etc.

Enjoy the trip!

We have a Blue Line Club booth, behind Section 110. Pins, souvenirs, etc. All around the arena, you can buy Jersey Raffle tickets ($1 ea or 6 @ $5) to win a game worn UNO Jersey or $100 cash. Please take the cash if you win, it works out well for us!. Proceeds split by the BLC and Women’s Swim/Dive team who sell the tickets.

Qwest Center does sell beer, etc.

Pick your flavor, cheap - Old Style (e.g., PBR, Old Milwaukee, Miller High Life Light, etc.) 2 cans @ $6; mid-level Bud-Bud Wheat- Miller Lite-Coors Light, (20oz @7) etc. and small brew Blue Moon, Fat Tire, etc. (?not sure here 18oz. @ $7) and there are a few places that sell mixed drinks as well.

Perhaps I'll see you near section 110.

Comment

So where are all the UNO fans on here? Your average attendance is over 7,000.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                  So where are all the UNO fans on here? Your average attendance is over 7,000.
                  Most post on a locally managed message board MavPuck.com There are about 5-9 who post here infrequently. In the community, we're finally getting some recognition and may start pushing our attendance closer to 10,000 over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Nice win last night with Faulkner notching his nation-leading 5th shutout. February is going to be make or break. Glad 3 of the 4 series are at home.

Comment

Looking forward to next season's UND v UNO exibition game (Showcase Game) in Winnipeg.
                      http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=86429
                      http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/190674

Good to see you have a message board and have some interest in making a road trip.
                      http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7969

This should be good for UNO hockey and for college hockey in general. Almost everyone in Winnipeg knows about Sioux Hockey and UND gets a lot of good recruits from Manitoba. This is a good way for Dean Blais to introduce UNO to Winnipeg and should help him recruit players out of Canada.
                      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I just saw that you guys got a commitment from d-man Nick Seeler (from Eden Prairie, MN). Watch this kid play a lot. Gonna be a good one - physical with some offensive ability. Probably the most improved player in MN high school hockey over the last 2-3 years, so lots of upside.

A little more here:

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...rrer_id=148514

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread. After last night I think I'm going to throw up.
                          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

i'm with ya. That was awful. Mavpuck isnt loading tonight. Did I miss something?

Comment

Great sweep and what a comeback last night! This next weekend is friggin huge!

Comment

Working...
                              X