Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

With Comley leaving who is taking his place?
    Cubbies 4 ever

Re: Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Here is the official news release.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...012511aaf.html
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

One thought would be Gwozdecky. I know there have been a lot of grumblings about his contract, and he has MSU roots. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gwoz wound up in East Lansing.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        One thought would be Gwozdecky. I know there have been a lot of grumblings about his contract, and he has MSU roots. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gwoz wound up in East Lansing.
        Interesting, though Gwoz seems to be the name most often thrown around for the Penn State job. Should be an interesting off-season in the coaching ranks...

Comment

Certainly would make sense for them to reach out and see if he has interest.
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

This is absolutely the best thing Rick Comley could have done for the program, given the current trend. I will echo the sentiments of many that personally, I have nothing negative to say about the guy given my somewhat limited interaction with him. We avoid any sticky contract situations, and just as importantly, he didn't wait until the end of the season to announce and tie the program up for a full recruiting cycle. Hopefully a successor can be determined very soon.

We need to cross our fingers that we don't lose a significant number of the recruits already committed.

The downside of course is how this may affect team morale. My hope is that this takes a certain amount of pressure off the kids and things can open up a little bit. I really hope that if they don't play to send him out with an upbeat finish, they will at least play for a great amount of personal pride.
            Last edited by owslachief; 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

That might cause a small chain reaction, given a number of his former assistants that have likely put openings in their contracts to go for the Denver job should Gwoz leave.

Comment

Is that a not so subtle incinuation that you're beloved RPI could lose its man? I think Appert would be a great fit for any opening that comes up this year - you may be onto something.

Comment

Gwozdecky turned down MSU before the last time they were searching for a coach. If DU goes deep in the NCAAs this year, I would bet DU will give him the big raise he is looking for. If DU craps out early in the NCAAs again, all bets are off. Hockey is the mothership at Denver, and they have proven that will pay top five money for high performance, as Gwoz enjoyed in 2005. And not all Big 10 hockey coaches make big money...

Comment

Just got off the phone with Bob Mackenzie.....you heard it here first....Danton Cole!

Comment

I hear Jamie Russell will be looking for a job soon. *****http://www.customsims3.com/smf/Smileys/default/EvilLaugh.gif******

Comment

Pretty sure Gwozdecky turned down the job back in 2001 or so when MSU was one of the elite programs in the country. Not sure why he would take it this time unless things have changed in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                          Is that a not so subtle incinuation that you're beloved RPI could lose its man? I think Appert would be a great fit for any opening that comes up this year - you may be onto something.
                          Now you're just encouraging him.

FlagDUDE, not Appert.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                            Pretty sure Gwozdecky turned down the job back in 2001 or so when MSU was one of the elite programs in the country. Not sure why he would take it this time unless things have changed in Denver.
                            Perhaps he'd enjoy a challenge.

Comment

hmm could be a very good call.

Comment

Working...
                              X