Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Nice to see the Gophers showing lots of energy, enthusiasm, determination, line chemistry, aggressiveness on the PP, putting pucks on net, battling in front, and 5 goals with even a few pipes too. One down and one to go for the first home sweep.

Comment

I saw Gophers beating UAA to the puck, blocked shots, a ton of SOG (49 IIRC!!!!!!), and unfortunately still losing the faceoff battle. However if we lose the faceoff stats and win 5-1, I'm as happy as a former UAA coach who somehow still has a job.

Too soon?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I saw Gophers beating UAA to the puck, blocked shots, a ton of SOG (49 IIRC!!!!!!), and unfortunately still losing the faceoff battle. However if we lose the faceoff stats and win 5-1, I'm as happy as a former UAA coach who somehow still has a job.

Too soon?
        A conversation overheard on the Gopher bench during the UAA game:

Lucia: Hey, John this defensive unit has got to improve.
        Hill: Yeah, well I've been trying to encourage them.
        Lucia: They need more than encouragement, they need a fire under their ***.
        Hill: What do you mean, Don?
        Lucia: Move the legs....Hey, ref, bad call ref!!
        Hill: Ok, I'll tell them Don...it's your team.
        Lucia: It's what you get paid to do John.
        Hill: Ah...I didn't receive my check this week.
        Lucia: Hmmm....really?
        Hill: Yeah, does this mean I'm fired or what?
        Lucia: No.
        Hill: Well, I haven't won any fan popularity contests lately.
        Lucia: I'll look into it.
        Hill: Thanks buddy...(reaches for a hug)
        Lucia: Ahh....stay on your side of the bench John.
        Hill: Oh...yeah right. Go!...come on you can do it!

Comment

I hope MEg didn't get any barbecue sauce on her Seapups jersey. Sorry I missed last night as my kid had a peewee tourney game (5-3 win). Some friends used our tickets and took their special needs son so they had a good time and got some Culvers! We'll be there tonight, though late as the peewees have a 5:45 game today. Hope the Gophs can maintain some intensity and get a sweep.

Comment

One team came into last night understanding the gravity of this series and playing play-off hockey. One team didn't. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post

This video progresses from lame to corny in two minutes. Looks to me like flashes of Cyrillic lettering for some reason.
              OMFG. That is the stupidest video I have ever seen. Ok, only second to the Fairbanks polar bear abortion.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Congrats to UAA tonight. We threw everything at you, and you somehow won. Kudos to your team on that.

I have to admit, I'm more than mad at splitting, but I can't fault the Gophs on their effort. They did everything they could.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Inconsistent week again....

Sloppy passing all night, can't hit a tape to save our lives.

UAA collapsed well and blocked shots all night.

Zero sense of urgency until about 4 mins left.
                  Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

A HUGE congrats to the Seawolves! Job well done.

Comment

• Re: Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Minnesota I know many of you probably hate it but that's how UAA plays the game and tonight, finally able to play it, it worked. Kamal was certainly a big part but it's all about clogging passing lanes and blocking shots.

I'm hoping this starts to turn things around and UAA can make a run at home ice.
                      Last edited by Jimjamesak; 01-29-2011, 09:59 PM.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Congrats to UAA tonight. We threw everything at you, and you somehow won. Kudos to your team on that.

I have to admit, I'm more than mad at splitting, but I can't fault the Gophs on their effort. They did everything they could.
                        ummmmm...seriously?

Comment

Except score.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Minnesota I know many of you probably hate it but that's how UAA plays the game and tonight, finally able to play it, it worked. Kamal was certainly a big part but it's all about clogging passing lanes and blocking shots.

I'm hoping this starts to turn things around and UAA can make a run at home ice.
                            Getting 4 points next weekend is a must. Tech has won one game all season, and we are at home. Gotta sweep.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Congrat to the Seawolves on putting together a pretty quality defensive effort against a team that knows how to go forward as well as any team in D-1. Everyone contributed on the back end and Chris Kamal was really solid coming up with more than just a few really excellent saves. I was a little bit worried in the last 5 minutes with UAA's inability to get the puck out of the zone forcefully but thought they raised that level of effort after the Gophers pulled Patterson.

And oh yeah ... Larry Olimb is a turd and Anthony LaPanta is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                ummmmm...seriously?
                                Yeah, seriously. They had pressure, they had shots, they had everything except goals. UAA clogged/blocked a ton, Kamal did what he needed (somehow), etc.

MN gave up ONE FRIGGIN' GOAL. Can't ask for much more than that. MN played well, UAA played better.

Comment

Working...
                                X