No announcement yet.

Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I don't think the Freakouts in the recent few years are any where close to those back in the 80's and 90's when it comes to noise level. I know a linesman who used to do many of the games and he had said that at times back then, he could not hear his own whistle. Those days the HFH was filled with red horns, bells, air horns, and tons of large banners. HFH was just plain intimidating for those games. Actually, in the mid eighties most games were like that and even some road games as the contingent of RPI fans that used to come down to Baker Rink was overwhelming. I think the NCAA and the RPI rule may have had a lot to do with this and we can thank our next opponent for that rule.
    A few years of good teams should improve that.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      A few years of good teams should improve that.
      I hope so. The atmosphere in the HFH years ago was worth a lot. We still get quite an entourage at some away games but i would love to see it like it was in the past where we had a sea of red at some opponent's rinks. We actually used to have more RPI fans in Princeton than home fans for some games.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Yes, Brown was the one who got the no-noise-maker rule up for discussion.
        We were at the game in question-it was outrageously loud but no more so than previous years. The fact that we won easily did not sit well with the opponent's coach, thus the complaint about the noise.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          We were at the game in question-it was outrageously loud but no more so than previous years. The fact that we won easily did not sit well with the opponent's coach, thus the complaint about the noise.
          Herb Hammond, who was in the middle of his best year at Brown out of six, when the Bears finished with a record of 11-16-0. Maybe it wasn't the noise, Herbie.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'll be the guy with the blue and white vuvuzela in section 7
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              I'll be the guy with the blue and white vuvuzela in section 7
              You might want to watch what you do with that vuvuzela. Even at the Freakout, the south side of the Field House prefers a library-like atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You might want to watch what you do with that vuvuzela. Even at the Freakout, the south side of the Field House prefers a library-like atmosphere.
                of course, he can always come over to Sect. 17 and we can show him, " proper vuvuzela placement".
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

We call that the "Tweed Section" at Ingalls.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    of course, he can always come over to Sect. 17 and we can show him, " proper vuvuzela placement".
                    Are you talking about 'classical gas?'
                    Here we come!

Comment

I would hope we get a similar sized crowd on friday night for a very important game against Brown that we will get on saturday night for the Freakout. I for one am not and will not overlook Brown after last years playoffs. Harry Z and his boys are going to come into Troy looking to cause havoc and try and wipe out some of the momentum from last weekends sweep of Harvard and Dartmouth. Hopefully the leaders of this RPI team can keep our guys focused for 60 good minutes friday night and take care of business.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        I would hope we get a similar sized crowd on friday night for a very important game against Brown that we will get on saturday night for the Freakout. I for one am not and will not overlook Brown after last years playoffs. Harry Z and his boys are going to come into Troy looking to cause havoc and try and wipe out some of the momentum from last weekends sweep of Harvard and Dartmouth. Hopefully the leaders of this RPI team can keep our guys focused for 60 good minutes friday night and take care of business.
                        At least for the past few years I have attended RPI hockey, the Friday game before Freakout is usually a half-filled field house that sounds like a funeral. The people don't show up in town until the morning or afternoon of.

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                          Are you talking about 'classical gas?'
                          The resulting cloud would clear the section
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

FYI, Chip is a good hockey guy.

Parting Schotts
                            Malafronte talks Yale hockey on 'Slap Schotts' Thursday
                            By Ken Schott
                            Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The top-ranked team in college hockey is coming to town, and the man who covers them will be on the next edition of my "Slap Schotts" college hockey segment at 11:05 a.m. Thursday on Fox Sports Radio 980's "Big Board Sportstalk."

Chip Malafronte, who covers Yale hockey for the New Haven Register, will talk about the ECAC Hockey-leading and No. 1-ranked Bulldogs as they face Union and RPI this weekend.

Scott Mackay sits in for Rodger Wyland as show host.

Phone calls (518-690-0980) and e-mails (bigboard@wnyt.com or bigboard@foxsports980.com) are welcomed.

To listen to the show online, click here.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              The resulting cloud would clear the section
                              Awesome that we're talking about hockey now... I think.

Comment

Awesome that we're talking about hockey now... I think.
                                Flatulence or yapping about hockey, either way everyone elses opinion stinks like **** to you.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X