No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Except its Thursday...
    Thank you.
    I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      here we ago again. Friday. hockey night.
      The Perpetual Losing Culture produces side effects in fans too.

Comment

You made me incredible happy for a second. And then sent me crashing down to earth.

You really must be a Husky at heart.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
          The Perpetual Losing Culture produces side effects in fans too.
          It has already stricken me with the inability to recognize anyone's sarcasm but my own.

Comment

Good of 3W to keep it professional

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              First question (not rhetorical): Who is Brandon Veale and what qualifies him to write for a newspaper? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. He writes for the Mining Gazette which means as long as he knows the difference between 'lose' and 'loose', he is qualified.

Next, I'm struck by the dereliction of duty attitude this guy projects. All he is going to do (perhaps paid to do?) is tell his readers "What happened?"

Brandon, I hate to break this earth shattering news to you, but I already know what happened. I'll read past the first paragraph in your article to find out why it happened. True, it takes quite a bit more knowledge, not to mention intellect, to develop the answer to the "Why?" question and maybe the Mining Gazette paycheck doesn't buy that kind of analysis. But until you give the reader more than the obvious, you're going to find yourself forever stuck working at backwater puppy trainers like the Mining Gazette.

Comment

First question (not rhetorical): Who is Brandon Veale and what qualifies him to write for a newspaper? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. He writes for the Mining Gazette which means as long as he knows the difference between 'lose' and 'loose', he is qualified.

Next, I'm struck by the dereliction of duty attitude this guy projects. All he is going to do (perhaps paid to do?) is tell his readers "What happened?"

Brandon, I hate to break this earth shattering news to you, but I already know what happened. I'll read past the first paragraph in your article to find out why it happened. True, it takes quite a bit more knowledge, not to mention intellect, to develop the answer to the "Why?" question and maybe the Mining Gazette paycheck doesn't buy that kind of analysis. But until you give the reader more than the obvious, you're going to find yourself forever stuck working at backwater puppy trainers like the Mining Gazette.
                Nice work, attacking a fellow poster for doing his job.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I freely admit that there are occasions when I wish I had kept my mouth shut or unplugged my keyboard.

This is going to be one of those occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Nice work, attacking a fellow poster for doing his job.
                    Dude, you missed the point. He's not doing his job unless he doesn't consider himself a journalist.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Dude, you missed the point. He's not doing his job unless he doesn't consider himself a journalist.
                      He's a reporter, not an investigative journalist. It's not his job to go on a witch hunt.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Apparently I missed the part where it is a reporter's job to throw the teams he covers under the bus. I'm sure that is a great way to get interviews in the future.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          this is what caused all the controversy?? he's a reporter. duh. not a king. he's doing his job describing what happened.

of course. that's just me. I think it Friday. thank god I got set straight and didnt show up at the arena.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            this is what caused all the controversy?? he's a reporter. duh. not a king. he's doing his job describing what happened.

of course. that's just me. I think it Friday. thank god I got set straight and didnt show up at the arena.
                            I didn't think they had hockey in St Kitts? just fruity drinks and lots of nearly naked 30 somethings.

where is foxton when you need him.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Oh Please. Read Tech's website and they will continuously talk about how Russell is the second winningest coach at Tech. The LODE bails him out every year for one reason or another. I know they cant, and shouldn't, blame him for every loss, but please stop only showing half skewed stats about our hockey team like we are still relevant in College Division I hockey.

Comment

The huskyfans are in the caribbean? Must be nice!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X