No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

thank god its over. second shutout in a row. we truly have no nice things.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      thank god its over. second shutout in a row. we truly have no nice things.
      7 periods without a Tech goal!

*****http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/kool-aid-oh-yeah.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        7 periods without a Tech goal!

*****http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/kool-aid-oh-yeah.jpg******
        147:27 minutes since MTU scored a goal...sigh
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I got a new flask, and tonight's hockey game is a better than ever reason to break it in...brought it to the broomball rinks for pre and post drinking

*****http://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/IMG_20110121_211702.jpg******

Here's to tying a 60 year old school record, and here's again to breaking said record

Comment

Well really Tech continues to improve, more won faceoffs, better positional play, still a ways to go though. Just too many turnovers. There are so many injuries and so many freshmen, (sigh...) I liked how Gubb played. Olson really is not anywhere near 100%. Royer is a lot better than I remember and he will help in a couple weeks.
            I was impressed with umd forwards but all the holding and the interference puzzles me. If they are so good why do that ****.?
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Brutal!

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
              -Played a solid 1st period, good in systems, simple in terms of puck managment, competed
              -Complicated things in 2nd period, number of turnovers, didn't take care of things in front of our net
              -That's a good hockey team
              -too many freshman playing too many minutes
              -PK took a good step, aggresive
              -Really missed Gordic on PP, not as sharp as needed to be
              -Duluth was trying to keep us on perimeter on PP, our Forwards were too low and missing rebounds
              -Connely line is great, assigned two Freshman on them, we don't have a lot of choices right now

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                Okay I must have missed this during my hiatus. What is the PLC?
                It's a BS term some *** coined...
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  -That's a good hockey team
                  And for two periods, we made them look good!

Comment

We're so bad we even give up goals in our headlines. Check out the MTU hockey site - The body of the story correctly states Tech loses 5-0 and the headline says Tech loses 6-0. The streak has gotten so long we're even copying headlines from past games.
                    *Double Sigh*

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

well since the hockey was hard to watch... did anyone notice the greenhorn linesman (#65)??? he messed up numerous calls like it was his first college game... called an automatic icing early in the game... got chewed on by the rix cause he was racing to negate it and then the next icing that came down he didn't call it till UMD touched it up....He missed an offsides and then whistled it down after UMD's bench complained(after tech already made 2 passes within the zone). It truly looked like he was officiating a different level of hockey. Oh well, none had an effect on the game, just thought it was odd to see in the middle of the season.

Comment

So when does Jamie Russell get fired, he really needs to go as does the whole "team" start from scratch I say.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

The game recap brought this to attention. We have a 13 game losing streak still going in WCHA games. Long live the steaks!

Comment

I feel bad for the coaches and their families, but a change is needed sooner rather than later. When the building has more empty seats than occupied ones on most nights, that should tell you something. The product isn't worth watching and hasn't been for 3 consecutive seasons. You can blame it on injuries, but that's not the only reason. The team is nowhere near as skilled as the others in the WCHA. To compete, this team needs to outwork and outhustle everyone and it's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                              The game recap brought this to attention. We have a 13 game losing streak still going in WCHA games. Long live the steaks!
                              The real elephant in the room is still the overal streak of 20 going on 21. The image below sums up how things are going in WI for Huskies fans...

*****http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/temp/huskyweather.jpg******

As if waking up to -19 F outside wasn't bad enough... In Oct I watched MTU hockey in person 3 times. Tech won 2 games and tied the other. When I left Houghton, they were undefeated (4-0-2). They have not won a game since. If they lose tonight, they will have gone 21 games without a win. At least I have my health... *sigh*

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                We're so bad we even give up goals in our headlines. Check out the MTU hockey site - The body of the story correctly states Tech loses 5-0 and the headline says Tech loses 6-0. The streak has gotten so long we're even copying headlines from past games.
                                *Double Sigh*

Ryan J
                                That does it! I am adding the SID to the list of suits contributing to the Perpetual Losing Culture. This numbnuts needs to be separated from hockey duties as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X