We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Maybe the third season thread will turn it around?

For tonight: (from Shirtless)
    Out: Baker, Pietila
    Doubtful: Gordic, Lickteig
    Questionable: Royer
    Probable: Olson

My only correction to that is Royer, he is out, at least a couple more weeks from my source anyways, about 2-3 weeks each for Pietila and Royer

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thread war.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thread war.
      I see your thread and raise you one more? (how many season threads could we make before we get banned?)

Comment

I actually like this one better myself. Yielded.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
          Maybe the third season thread will turn it around?

For tonight: (from Shirtless)
          Out: Baker, Pietila
          Doubtful: Gordic, Lickteig
          Questionable: Royer
          Probable: Olson

My only correction to that is Royer, he is out, at least a couple more weeks from my source anyways, about 2-3 weeks each for Pietila and Royer
          Well the Mining Gazette article states that Royer has been practicing...thats why I bumped him up. There are probably 4 or 5 other guys that would fit under the Probable tag...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Well the Mining Gazette article states that Royer has been practicing...thats why I bumped him up. There are probably 4 or 5 other guys that would fit under the Probable tag...
            yeah apparently we might be down one of our d-men tonight?

I know Sova and Brown have both been hurting

Comment

Another thought: People, myself included, are looking at the injuries and trying to figure out if it is something related to the staff. The Redwings suffer about as many injuries as Tech, it seems, and nobody is questioning Babcock or the Redwings trainers.

Similar number of injuries, yet we (me) tend to scrutinize Tech's injuries more because we are losing.

Guess I hadn't thought about that before.
              Philbert
              ---------------
              Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
              GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                Similar number of injuries, yet we (me) tend to scrutinize Tech's injuries more because we are losing.
                The Wings have the depth to still win games without Datsyuk, Cleary, etc. Tech does not, and cannot ever be expected to have that kind of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  The Wings have the depth to still win games without Datsyuk, Cleary, etc. Tech does not, and cannot ever be expected to have that kind of depth.
                  i was gonna say the exact same thing

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Be that as it may, throwing records aside, I am wondering why we (I) treat the injury culture of the Detroit Redwings different than I treat the injury culture of Tech. I know that winning and depth has a lot to do with it. However, we sit here and criticize the Tech coaching staff and training staff because we have X number of injuries, and yet the Redwings could have a number of injuries pretty close to X and it is just bad luck. I guess my point is that perhaps I should just accept that the recent injury culture of Michigan Tech is potentially a statistical abberation instead of trying to pinpoint and create an exact reason for it and place blame.

Now, there are other major differences between the teams. One wins, the other has the PLC (not to be confused with the PLGC).
                    Philbert
                    ---------------
                    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                      Be that as it may, throwing records aside, I am wondering why we (I) treat the injury culture of the Detroit Redwings different than I treat the injury culture of Tech. I know that winning and depth has a lot to do with it. However, we sit here and criticize the Tech coaching staff and training staff because we have X number of injuries, and yet the Redwings could have a number of injuries pretty close to X and it is just bad luck. I guess my point is that perhaps I should just accept that the recent injury culture of Michigan Tech is potentially a statistical abberation instead of trying to pinpoint and create an exact reason for it and place blame.

Now, there are other major differences between the teams. One wins, the other has the PLC (not to be confused with the PLGC).
                      82 games vs 38 games...3 straight seasons of crazy injuries...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

**** the Red Wings.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Okay I must have missed this during my hiatus. What is the PLC?
                          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                            Really, it was only posted a half dozen times...Perpetual Losing Culture

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                              ***** lovers cult.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X