Ferris State @ NMU, January 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State @ NMU, January 21-22

I'm thinking the second half team NMU has had in the past few years is about to happen again.

And these are must win games, this team is within a win or two of where they were at this time last year, and landed in the tournament.

NMU sweep. You heard it hear first.
    Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

A little over three hours til game time.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

When Cats fans are done celebrating, check out the MJ video report. Yes. I'm bringing video to The Mining Journal. Expect these reports after every home game and any select road trips that I am able to make in the future.

Also, if you are looking for live in-game updates, I tweet ... a lot. http://***********/mattwellens.

Watch for a Mining Journal NMU sports blog in the future too. Any suggestions for future coverage, I'd love to here it.

It's great to be back and not a bad night to make a return to NMU hockey.
        www.mattwellens.com

www.miningjournal.net

"brilliant, mother ********** brilliant
        wellens... you are a god among college sports analysts" - The Stew

Comment

Cool feature Matt... It's really cool to see features like this from yourself, DavyD, and the Cat Chat crew... Keep it up

Just curious if I could get some opinions on Nagle's play tonight... It seems as if Ferris had more scoring opportunities, but Ellie denied them... Is that a fair assesment? Did the Cats have very much offensive presence?
          Last edited by RaceBoarder; 01-21-2011, 11:47 PM.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by mwellens View Post
            When Cats fans are done celebrating, check out the MJ video report. Yes. I'm bringing video to The Mining Journal. Expect these reports after every home game and any select road trips that I am able to make in the future.

Also, if you are looking for live in-game updates, I tweet ... a lot. http://***********/mattwellens.

Watch for a Mining Journal NMU sports blog in the future too. Any suggestions for future coverage, I'd love to here it.

It's great to be back and not a bad night to make a return to NMU hockey.

A HUGE welcome back, Matt! The MJ hockey coverage definately dropped off after you left.

This week's features were nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Cool feature Matt... It's really cool to see features like this from yourself, DavyD, and the Cat Chat crew... Keep it up

Just curious if I could get some opinions on Nagle's play tonight... It seems as if Ferris had more scoring opportunities, but Ellie denied them... Is that a fair assesment? Did the Cats have very much offensive presence?

Nagle was solid overall but seemed to fight the puck a few times. I thought if Northern could get shots on net, rebounds could be there for the picking. But credit FSU's strong defense for clogging lanes and blocking shots. Reid was good and also lucky. I counted 2 crossbars and 1 post by Ferris.

It was encouraging to see the overall level of play improve and specifically Gregor Hanson's. It'll also be nice to have Chernie back in the lineup after his one game suspension.

I don't usually get the chance to compliment CCHA officials (who does?) but I must say Hall and the other guy did a decent job. They let both teams play and could have called a few more ticky-tack penalties both ways but instead left the outcome up to the players.

Comment

I thought Nagle was solid tonight, but got hung out to dry by his team on both NMU goals. Both came off poorly-timed turnovers. He probably deserved a star like Reid, but I was a biased home-town reporter, giving love to the local guys. Nagle deserves an apology from his teammates because he should have gotten the shutout.

NMUFAN, thanks for the love and you make a great point about the refs tonight. They made the calls that needed to be made (though the fans and Walt cried for another that I missed) and ignored the ticky-tack stuff that I had come accustomed to the last time I was covering the league. The game had a great flow to it and I hope it continues tonight.
                www.mattwellens.com

www.miningjournal.net

Comment

Last night was the best game I have seen at the Berry this year, and one of the best overall in my four years at Northern.

I agree that it was an excellent officiating job also. It was the cleanest game all year, and had a great flow to it.

Both Nagle and Ellingson looked excellent with a couple of poorly timed turnovers handing the cats a dramatic win.

Let's get the sweep tonight!
                  Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I gave Nagle 3rd Star. I thought he was outstanding. Reid got #2 and Brownie #1.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

6 MUCH needed points. NMU now sits in the all important 4th place spot.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by wildpantswilly View Post
                        i'm thinking the second half team nmu has had in the past few years is about to happen again.

And these are must win games, this team is within a win or two of where they were at this time last year, and landed in the tournament.

nmu sweep. You heard it hear first.
                        :d
                        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Saturday's game report from the dark and lonely BEC:

Also, a great highlight reel from Friday's OT win for NMU from the guys at Ferris, who do an awesome job.

www.mattwellens.com

www.miningjournal.net

Comment

Originally posted by mwellens View Post
                            Saturday's game report from the dark and lonely BEC:

Also, a great highlight reel from Friday's OT win for NMU from the guys at Ferris, who do an awesome job.

Thanks Matt, Here's all of them combined in one thread:

Northern beats Ferris 2-1 in Overtime Highlights:

Ferris Head Coach Bob Daniels Post Game - Friday 1/21/11:

Northern beats Ferris 3-1 Highlights:

Ferris Head Coach Bob Daniels Post Game - Saturday 1/22/11:

Go 'Dawgs!

Comment

Cat Chat will add to the video madness with our take on the weekend series, but an interview in studio with Marquette's own Justin Florek.
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X