Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI at UAH 12/30/10 & 12/31/10

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If past history is any indication, it will happen just when I think that it won't.
    As you well know-from all the years you have followed this team-RPI plays to the level of the competition. We can go out and play tough against the best there is, and then go out and play a nail biter against the lowest ranked team. We haven't had the blowout kind of team in a long time. This team is truly the cardiac kids. Every game is getting decided late. But they are gaining confidence and experience each time. This has already been an exciting time for those of us who have been following for a long time. They are showing more and more maturity all the time. I haven't felt this kind of excitement since the very early 80's. Back then you just knew that this team was improving all the time and would become a national force. I am starting to get that same feeling-and you know what? It feels really very good!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      As you well know-from all the years you have followed this team-RPI plays to the level of the competition. We can go out and play tough against the best there is, and then go out and play a nail biter against the lowest ranked team. We haven't had the blowout kind of team in a long time. This team is truly the cardiac kids. Every game is getting decided late. But they are gaining confidence and experience each time. This has already been an exciting time for those of us who have been following for a long time. They are showing more and more maturity all the time. I haven't felt this kind of excitement since the very early 80's. Back then you just knew that this team was improving all the time and would become a national force. I am starting to get that same feeling-and you know what? It feels really very good!!
      Do you mean, to misapply a statement MTU fans use, "the second best feeling in the world"?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Do you mean, to misapply a statement MTU fans use, "the second best feeling in the world"?
        Not at all-at my age when RPI wins it IS the best feeling in the world. There are a lot of other things vying for second best.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Any UAH posters out there?
          We're out here, just a bit down with the season and how things have gone. RPI has a mighty good team and we are all very appreciative that your team has agreed to come down to the "warm" South for these next games (and, of course, to invite the Chargers to the tournament earlier this year). UAH, for those not in the know, has had quite an upheaval on campus as well as with regards to the hockey team the last year or so. Two weeks ago, the long-time AD unexpectedly passed away (he was instrumental in getting the team to Division I status and in getting them to host the 2012 Frozen Four). That itself was quite a difficult issue to face, and, by far, is more tragic than the other things the team has faced this season (losing the top 4 or 5 scorers from last season, as well as all playing goaltenders, and, as if folks don't know, getting shut out of conference consideration and having to exist as an independent). All in all, we're very happy that Charger hockey still exists at the DI level; we just need more "giving" teams like RPI to make the trip to Huntsville in the future to get us through our "independence" (I think, "secretly," we all hope that the Penn State addition will fuel realignment soon and the team can find a real home). Hope a number of RPI fans can make the trip down here to ring in the New Year. Happy Holidays to everyone up there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Anyone of us who have been around for even a little while know about playing down to the opposition. However, this year, we have not been that team. We beat every team we should have beaten. Only the Harvard game was lost to an inferior team. But we totally out played Harvard and had a least three goal posts. Just couldn't finish that night. Not a matter of playing down.
            This team is very impressive. Take the UConn game. Bryce had a terrible game, but we found a way to win. I think we can give him another chance in Alabama. It might be motivation to not take UAH for granted.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
              We're out here, just a bit down with the season and how things have gone. RPI has a mighty good team and we are all very appreciative that your team has agreed to come down to the "warm" South for these next games (and, of course, to invite the Chargers to the tournament earlier this year). UAH, for those not in the know, has had quite an upheaval on campus as well as with regards to the hockey team the last year or so. Two weeks ago, the long-time AD unexpectedly passed away (he was instrumental in getting the team to Division I status and in getting them to host the 2012 Frozen Four). That itself was quite a difficult issue to face, and, by far, is more tragic than the other things the team has faced this season (losing the top 4 or 5 scorers from last season, as well as all playing goaltenders, and, as if folks don't know, getting shut out of conference consideration and having to exist as an independent). All in all, we're very happy that Charger hockey still exists at the DI level; we just need more "giving" teams like RPI to make the trip to Huntsville in the future to get us through our "independence" (I think, "secretly," we all hope that the Penn State addition will fuel realignment soon and the team can find a real home). Hope a number of RPI fans can make the trip down here to ring in the New Year. Happy Holidays to everyone up there!!!
              Thanks for posting.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let's give this thread a kick.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                  Be curious to see how the Chargers come back after the much needed break - all of the road trips seemed to take a toll.

Any of the RPI folks making the trip down?
                  Unfortunately I will not, as my brother secured a day pass for World Juniors, and my jeep would not make it down there.

Comment

Be curious to see how the Chargers come back after the much needed break - all of the road trips seemed to take a toll.

No matter how the Chargers come back, it is going to be very difficult for them during the last part of the season. They have an extremely tough schedule. The long road trips must be tough and have an effect, but wins were probably going to be tough to come by regardless. The loss of seven seniors, their top four players with eligibility remaining, and two top recruits that didn't make it to campus, tough to recover from for this season. No doubt the coaching staff and players will continue to work hard.
                    Last edited by Back check; 12-27-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers

Any of the RPI folks making the trip down?
                      W
                      York 1 game or both?????????
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        W
                        York 1 game or both?????????
                        With the long layoff, he could play both, but I would like to see Merriam get a game before the New Year.
                        The first game of this series scares me. We have been off for a while and we could be looking past UAH. Everytime we do that, we get beat.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          With the long layoff, he could play both, but I would like to see Merriam get a game before the New Year.
                          The first game of this series scares me. We have been off for a while and we could be looking past UAH. Everytime we do that, we get beat.
                          We aren't playing any other teams this week, so I'm not sure how we could possibly be looking past one team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            We aren't playing any other teams this week, so I'm not sure how we could possibly be looking past one team.
                            With Clarkson and SLU(t) coming up next week, there's definitely the possibility that the team could get caught napping on Friday.

But, this team's senior leadership is pretty good and I think they'll be able to get the team to focus on the task at hand.

I'm considering heading over to Huntsville on Thursday for the games. I need to decide if the 8-hour drive is feasible.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              With Clarkson and SLU(t) coming up next week, there's definitely the possibility that the team could get caught napping on Friday.

But, this team's senior leadership is pretty good and I think they'll be able to get the team to focus on the task at hand.

I'm considering heading over to Huntsville on Thursday for the games. I need to decide if the 8-hour drive is feasible.
                              Seeing as how Coach, and supposedly the team as well, doesn't quite understand the Clarkson rivalry, I don't think they'll be napping at all. Not to mention, it's quite obvious that our team has been taking it one game at a time.

An 8 hour drive is feasible. Plus, when you're going there, it's only 7 because you cross a time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                An 8 hour drive is feasible. Plus, when you're going there, it's only 7 because you cross a time zone.
                                Let's do the time warp again!

Considering that it's the heart of bowl season, wonder who will be at the games? Our coaches and captains will need to bring focus...
                                Last edited by fr joe; 12-27-2010, 11:41 PM.
                                Here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X