X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I am getting all tingly thinking about that!
    The medical term for this is the Chris Matthews Disorder
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Last year around this time I posted graphics of our 2010-2011 recruits, so here's the 2011-2012 (and 2012-2013) recruit graphics as they would air on RPI TV! Stats are as of 12/20, and in lieu of their class year I've included their birth year.

I was planning on using Ralph's "magical" (or, point based) order, but I figured I'd post Leonard first since he's the new guy:

Continuing on with the rest:

2011 or 2012:

2012:

Hope you enjoy!
      RPI Class of 2012
      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Nice job RH-looks great being able to put faces with the names.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Nice job RH-looks great being able to put faces with the names.
          Yea RH, great job!!!!
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Great job RHam, though I'm shocked you didn't use smaller fonts for JL's numbers, given they will be insane at the end of the year.

Comment

Chris Bradley's hometown is not St. Louis, MO. His hometown is Williamsville, NY.

Comment

I thought O'Grady played with the Wellington Dukes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I don't think that it is anyone's style. I don't know of any defenseman who has played more than a few games without a penalty.
                  Tomas Kaberle has 0 PIMs in 33 games for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Mike Lundin of the Tampa Bay Lightning has 2 PIMs in 33 games this season, and Paul Martin of the Pittsburgh Penguins has 4 PIMs in 34 games. Kaberle and Martin average over 20 minutes of ice time per game, and Lundin averages between 15 and 20 minutes of ice time per game. All are defensemen. While it may not be the norm for defensemen to log few or no penalties during a stretch of more than 20 games, it is not unheard of. Bradley's disciplined style to the defensive position certainly could not have been a big secret to the RPI coaching staff. He recorded fewer than 10 PIMs in 48 games last season in the 18U Tier 1 Elite League. Different players contribute differently.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Yea RH, great job!!!!
                    thirded
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                      I thought O'Grady played with the Wellington Dukes?
                      He did.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JMO, I think with the signing of Leonard, its pretty much saying that Bradley wont be coming to RPI until 2012 and will replace Bergin on the roster. I think we will see one more dman added for next year, probably a partial scholarship player or maybe even a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                          JMO, I think with the signing of Leonard, its pretty much saying that Bradley wont be coming to RPI until 2012 and will replace Bergin on the roster. I think we will see one more dman added for next year, probably a partial scholarship player or maybe even a walk on.
                          Although I won't attempt to predict what will happen, Bergin is still eligible to play in 2012-13 due to redshirting in 2008-09. I do agree that it is now less likely that Bradley will show up before 2011.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Although I won't attempt to predict what will happen, Bergin is still eligible to play in 2012-13 due to redshirting in 2008-09. I do agree that it is now less likely that Bradley will show up before 2011.
                            Ahh thats right, I forgot about his redshirt year.

Comment

noticed that Curtis Leonard's teamate w/ Wellington is one Joe Zarbo (Grand Island, NY)...how many Zarbos are there
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                noticed that Curtis Leonard's teamate w/ Wellington is one Joe Zarbo (Grand Island, NY)...how many Zarbos are there
                                He's a Clarkson recruit. IIRC, there were four: Mark (RPI '10), Matt (Clarkson freshman), Joe (Clarkson recruit), and one who died (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/buf...1880&fhid=5240).
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-21-2010, 09:44 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X