X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. It sounds like he will turn pro.
    Wouldnt surprise me at all.

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Carleton Place Canadians 7-3. Jacob Laliberté had two goals (1 PPG) and three assists. He was named #2 star. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318763

Laliberté's line is now 36-29-38-67-14.
      More like it-involved in 70% of the scoring. Sounded like a #1 star performance to me.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Carleton Place Canadians 7-3. Jacob Laliberté had two goals (1 PPG) and three assists. He was named #2 star. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318763

Laliberté's line is now 36-29-38-67-14.
        Just throwing this out since its been kinda slow of late, sorry Ralph. I was reading the Colts game summary in the S-F this morning and noticed Cornwall picked up a new Dman from the OJHL Matthew Zanardo 6'6" 225lbs, thats a BIG boy! He's only played three games for the Colts and has 2 goals, one of which was on the powerplay. A giant with some offensive skills.... I like! FWIW, he was teammates last year with Brock Higgs and Phil DeGuiseppe(who was at HFH last weekend)on one of the OJHL allstar teams.
        This quote was in the Record yesterday "Appert said from an undisclosed (recruiting) site Wednesday night." hmmm could he have possibly been at the Colts game in Nepean? Ive got my fingers crossed he was.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Just throwing this out since its been kinda slow of late, sorry Ralph. I was reading the Colts game summary in the S-F this morning and noticed Cornwall picked up a new Dman from the OJHL Matthew Zanardo 6'6" 225lbs, thats a BIG boy! He's only played three games for the Colts and has 2 goals, one of which was on the powerplay. A giant with some offensive skills.... I like! FWIW, he was teammates last year with Brock Higgs and Phil DeGuiseppe(who was at HFH last weekend)on one of the OJHL allstar teams.
          This quote was in the Record yesterday "Appert said from an undisclosed (recruiting) site Wednesday night." hmmm could he have possibly been at the Colts game in Nepean? Ive got my fingers crossed he was.
          We should be looking for at least one more defenseman, and Zanardo certainly is tall. He wasn't much of scorer in the OJHL http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985, so the two goals could have been an aberration.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Curadi and Zanardo on defense. Sounds like Docs fantasy team.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

We should be looking for at least one more defenseman, and Zanardo certainly is tall. He wasn't much of scorer in the OJHL http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985, so the two goals could have been an aberration.
              True, Id feel more comfortable with two more dmen added though for a total of 8. Just thinking there wasnt much going on junior league wise Wednesday night besides a good handful of prep league games.

Comment

Add those guys with Koudys and Leboeuf and our opponents are going to have a hard time getting shots through to York.

Comment

True, Id feel more comfortable with two more dmen added though for a total of 8. Just thinking there wasnt much going on junior league wise Wednesday night besides a good handful of prep league games.
                  I too would be more comfortable with two. This year we could always drop Brutlag back in an emergency, but we won't have that luxury next season. I have no idea whom SA is after, and FWIW Zanardo doesn't even appear on Heisenberg's list.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Curadi and Zanardo on defense. Sounds like Docs fantasy team.
                    The twin towers would be nice to see out there. If they have any mobility at all they would make it difficult for anyone to find room in our defensive zone.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

....Monty also added that he is a little down on schools right now... .
                      Definitely doesn't sound like a kid who is ready to enroll/attend classes at RPI. Might be a case of Chris Bourque-itis "... I wasn't a big fan of going to school and going to class..."
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I too would be more comfortable with two. This year we could always drop Brutlag back in an emergency, but we won't have that luxury next season. I have no idea whom SA is after, and FWIW Zanardo doesn't even appear on Heisenberg's list.
                        Hopefully we'll hear some sort of news soon, for all we know since it was SA out recruiting, he could have been looking at a goaltender.

Comment

Hopefully we'll hear some sort of news soon, for all we know since it was SA out recruiting, he could have been looking at a goaltender.
                          Or perhaps the best of both worlds -- d-men and a keeper. I noticed that Karvouniaris continues his winning ways with a 40 save effort vs. Nepean: "...Karvouniaris, who leads the league with a 1.68 goals against average (before last night's game), saw his save percentage rise to .949."

I just looked at Heisenberg and he doesn't list Karvouniaris ??? Any idea why? He still has D1 elig., no? Also, so long as we are dreaming, CH has Michael Matheson (LD) as the #1 2012 d-man in Ontario. Matheson was/is in Dubuque skating with the Saints, as he ponders his future ---OHL vs. D1. The TH ran a story the other day stating IIRC, that NoDak, BC and BU were after him...be nice if we could add RPI to his list. Hmm...I can dream anyway!
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-17-2010, 01:14 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Or perhaps the best of both worlds -- d-men and a keeper. I noticed that Karvouniaris continues his winning ways with a 40 save effort vs. Nepean: "...Karvouniaris, who leads the league with a 1.68 goals against average (before last night's game), saw his save percentage rise to .949."

I just looked at Heisenberg and he doesn't list Karvouniaris ??? Any idea why? He still has D1 elig., no? Also, so long as we are dreaming, CH has Michael Matheson (LD) as the #1 2012 d-man in Ontario. Matheson was/is in Dubuque skating with the Saints, as he ponders his future ---OHL vs. D1. The TH ran a story the other day stating IIRC, that NoDak, BC and BU were after him...be nice if we could add RPI to his list. Hmm...I can dream anyway!
                            Theres also a stud playing goal in Wellington who just happened to be playing Wed. night that SA might have been looking at as well. Who knows... its really just a guessing game for us.

As for Matheson, I remember reading some place that the three HE Boston based schools as well as UVM were finalist on his list. He does have a brother playing in Brockville thats leading his team in scoring this season.

Comment

Theres also a stud playing goal in Wellington who just happened to be playing Wed. night that SA might have been looking at as well. Who knows... its really just a guessing game for us.

As for Matheson, I remember reading some place that the three HE Boston based schools as well as UVM were finalist on his list. He does have a brother playing in Brockville thats leading his team in scoring this season.
                              You're right -- scratch NoDak....BC/BU/UVM. http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=305446

Comment

On Thursday, the Stouffville Spirit lost to the Aurora Tigers 9-6. Matt Neal had an assist. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346126

Neal's line is now 32-22-29-51-8.
                                Heres the video highlights of this one, Matt Neal is #22 in White:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdSZ3...ayer_embedded#!

Neals assist is shown around 4:48, also worth pointing out is his nifty little spin move attempt at a pass around the 2:05 mark. Theres other footage of him periodically throughout the video as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X