• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Maybe it was Leonard that you saw...

http://wellingtondukes.com/profile_player.php?search=43
    That's the kid...I knew he was at least 6'3 ! Great stuff ! From the Dukes website, "Coaches comments" : Curtis is a force on the backend, a premier shot blocker and shut down guy. He is a leader on and off the ice and always gives a tremendous effort when he steps on the ice. Highly coachable, Curtis has a bright future..."
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      Last year around this time I posted graphics of our 2010-2011 recruits, so here's the 2011-2012 (and 2012-2013) recruit graphics as they would air on RPI TV! Stats are as of 12/20, and in lieu of their class year I've included their birth year.

I was planning on using Ralph's "magical" (or, point based) order, but I figured I'd post Leonard first since he's the new guy:

Continuing on with the rest:

2011 or 2012:

2012:

Hope you enjoy!
      Great stuff RH ! The 'tute ought to hire (pay) you for their website/media work !!! I'd like to see you add their current team & league to the graphic (I know, I know, I'm never happy...)
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Great stuff RH ! The 'tute ought to hire (pay) you for their website/media work !!! I'd like to see you add their current team & league to the graphic (I know, I know, I'm never happy...)
        I thought about that; I may include it early next year when I redesign the graphics for the new year. The current template doesn't have a lot of extra space due to the large fonts (and the large fonts are mostly to ensure readability on the tiny B2/A1 stream).
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

FWIW folks - I saw another kid with (who I think) was Leonard at HFH on Sunday. Looking at RH's excellent graphic, the kid looked like Mike Zalewski. I see Vernon's last game was on 12/17, so its possible that Zalewski is back east for the holidays. Can't swear to it as I didn't get as good a look at him, but I'd bet a Labbatt's that it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            FWIW folks - I saw another kid with (who I think) was Leonard at HFH on Sunday. Looking at RH's excellent graphic, the kid looked like Mike Zalewski. I see Vernon's last game was on 12/17, so its possible that Zalewski is back east for the holidays. Can't swear to it as I didn't get as good a look at him, but I'd bet a Labbatt's that it was him.
            Sharp eyes there Wicked!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

As expected, Jacob Laliberte was selected to participate in the CHL All-Star game on January 12th in Kanata. He was one of nine Colts selected for the game.

http://www.centraljuniorhockeyleague...ews/news_20621

Comment

I have never had the chance to thank the folks on this thread for the incredible work they do on the recruit thread. This is incredibly informative and makes one look good in front of fellow RPI fans. I know Ralph is the kingpin but RH and WS (and everyone else) do an excellent job too. Thanks again for this great service
                Last edited by AspyDad; 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by PKBomber View Post
                  Tomas Kaberle has 0 PIMs in 33 games for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Mike Lundin of the Tampa Bay Lightning has 2 PIMs in 33 games this season, and Paul Martin of the Pittsburgh Penguins has 4 PIMs in 34 games. Kaberle and Martin average over 20 minutes of ice time per game, and Lundin averages between 15 and 20 minutes of ice time per game. All are defensemen. While it may not be the norm for defensemen to log few or no penalties during a stretch of more than 20 games, it is not unheard of. Bradley's disciplined style to the defensive position certainly could not have been a big secret to the RPI coaching staff. He recorded fewer than 10 PIMs in 48 games last season in the 18U Tier 1 Elite League. Different players contribute differently.
                  Wait til he gets a taste of that ECAC officiating!

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    As expected, Jacob Laliberte was selected to participate in the CHL All-Star game on January 12th in Kanata. He was one of nine Colts selected for the game.

http://www.centraljuniorhockeyleague...ews/news_20621
                    Two full lines of forwards with 5 of the 6 committed to ECAC schools and the other (Baun) uncommitted. They also traded away one of the goalies on the other team (Cretien). Not bad.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                      Wait til he gets a taste of that ECAC officiating!
                      Good point. We also need someone to stay on the ice when BRO gets penalties.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Good point. We also need someone to stay on the ice when BRO gets penalties.
                        There is always the possibility-rather remote-that Luke will mellow by the time he gets to Troy.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          There is always the possibility-rather remote-that Luke will mellow by the time he gets to Troy.
                          More likely is that Bradley will get a lot of penalties too.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I don't want him to mellow, I want him to keep his stick and elbows down. Then go out and hit anyone in his path. (with the puck).
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

After that initial explosion of penalty minutes early in the season hasn't he settled down? no recent misconducts or majors? I think his coach and Seth are getting him to mature. I like EHF's point about continuing the hitting but with sticks and elbows down.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                                After that initial explosion of penalty minutes early in the season hasn't he settled down? no recent misconducts or majors? I think his coach and Seth are getting him to mature. I like EHF's point about continuing the hitting but with sticks and elbows down.
                                If anything, I saw a lot of focus on his offensive game, especially late in the game I witnessed. Either that, or the opposition learned to stay about 3-4 feet from the huge guy wearing #5.

Comment

Working...
                                X