Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football IV: The Hand over Fist Cash Grab Time, or Bowl Season for short.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football IV: The Hand over Fist Cash Grab Time, or Bowl Season for short.

I typically root for most Big Ten and WCHA teams that aren't on the border, even vocally for WCHA teams from MN in the NCAAs.

Comment

• Re: College Football IV: The Hand over Fist Cash Grab Time, or Bowl Season for short.

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
      I only have ties to Minnesota in the Big Ten. I also have ties to SCSU and UMD in the WCHA. I am one of the few SCSU/UMD hockey fans that will root for Minnesota in the NCAA tournament...
      That's how I remembered it. Based on my reading of the Men's WCHA threads, this pretty much qualifies you for a Nobel Peace Prize.

...but not Wisconsin or North Dakota (Due to unprovoked unpleasantness with Badger fans at Gopher football games, and Sioux fans at hockey games/division 2 sports events).
      Again, you're allowed to harbor a grudge or two and still be loyal to your league as a whole.

Michigan losing to Appy State made my heart smile too
      You, and most of Columbus as well. But I had mixed emotions that day. On the one hand, I was genuinely happy the appealing underdog found a way to win. But I was also bummed out about the black eye given to Big Ten Football. A minority view, I know. But I am serious about league loyalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Come on, rooting against Harvard nowadays just isn't right
        Cheering against harvard is like cheering against America!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          You, and most of Columbus as well. But I had mixed emotions that day. On the one hand, I was genuinely happy the appealing underdog found a way to win. But I was also bummed out about the black eye given to Big Ten Football. A minority view, I know. But I am serious about league loyalty.
          Michigan fans salute OSU on breaking their monumental 0-9 string against the SEC, too. Kinda like having a great meal then purging it.

Comment

Tonight's game intrigues me.

Boston College used to be Mr. Automatic when it came to winning bowl games but they've lost their last two and didn't have a great year in a weak ACC. On the other hand, has Nevada already acheived its crowning achievement of the season by getting a share of the league title and beating Boise? How focused are they on this bowl game?

I picked Nevada, but it wouldn't shock me if Boston College won it. The key matchup is Luke Kuechly vs the Nevada QB and keeping him contained from busting off long runs. Boise shut down Nevada and the QB for 2.5 quarters and dominated the game and then he scored a rushing TD and the Wolfpack dominated from there on out.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Michigan fans salute OSU on breaking their monumental 0-9 string against the SEC, too. Kinda like having a great meal then purging it.
              I can understand you feeling that way. Just clean up when you're done.

Comment

Dave Brandon is the AD of Michigan. His private jet is in Dallas. LSU just played the Cotton Bowl game in Dallas. Les Miles' agent is located in Dallas. Les Miles has a speaking engagement in Dallas on Tuesday.

That could all be a coincidence...

Comment

*****http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/18754/SSWS-CamNewton_redo_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg******
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    *****http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/18754/SSWS-CamNewton_redo_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg******
                    Awesome!
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Dave Brandon is the AD of Michigan. His private jet is in Dallas. LSU just played the Cotton Bowl game in Dallas. Les Miles' agent is located in Dallas. Les Miles has a speaking engagement in Dallas on Tuesday.

NO WAY!

Comment

That speaking engagement was a college football coaching convention. Ironically, just about every college football coach besides Miles was in Dallas when you posted that.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          That speaking engagement was a college football coaching convention. Ironically, just about every college football coach besides Miles was in Dallas when you posted that.
                          I heard Lincoln's secretary made the travel arrangements too.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The first question from Michigan:

"If there are 25 seconds to go in the game, it is 2nd and 9 and you have two timeouts, how many seconds are left in the game?"

Comment

The first question from Michigan:

"If there are 25 seconds to go in the game, it is 2nd and 9 and you have two timeouts, how many seconds are left in the game?"
                              If he answers, "Don't be silly Adrian Peterson, I would just ask Chris Webber", then he gets the job.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

After he chews on some grass.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X