Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    After this weekend BU is up to 3 losses, similarly NU is now up to 3 wins.

    I have to assume #35 is getting the nod for BU.

  2. #2
    Go Whalers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    no one care about this game?
    time to write new history

  3. #3
    Give a **** lever all the way up!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    291

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Just you, me and Agganis....

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    I care. Almost more than I cared about this past weekend (lying).

    The BU squad needs to learn from its mistakes and come out strong.

    NU beat Merrimack (can't believe I'm writing this) so they're not to be underestimated.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    As a NU fan I dont know what is worse. Playing bu when they are on a roll, or playing them after they got their behinds handed to them against their biggest rival. Great game to be walking into.

    I guess the one plus for NU right now is that might be facing the weakest goalie in Hockey East, which for a team that can barely get two goals in a game, is just what the doctor ordered.

    On the other hand, outside of the 1-0 NU win at Matthews last year, bu has owned NU since Cronin took over. For whatever reason, NU has more success against BC then they do bu.

    My favorite is watching bu on the PP. All of NU knows that bu loves to score on the PP via the backdoor play against NU, everyone but the players that is. It gets a bit frustrating to watch time and time again.

    But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring. I dont think he is even 18 yet. Bitetto has had his moments to and of late has been not been shy shooting the puck. Rawlings has been outstanding this year, but bu lit him up those last two games last year that cost NU a playoff spot.

    NU has been giving up the first goal alot lately, so I expect the same thing on Wednesday. Most of the time they give up the first two goals, and then storm back for a tie. That probably wont work in this game though. I would guess bu 5 - nu 2. bu gets straightened out a bit and NU goes into the break with some time to heal and get ready for what should be a nice schedule for a home ice run in January.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

  6. #6
    Go Whalers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies01 View Post
    As a NU fan I dont know what is worse. Playing bu when they are on a roll, or playing them after they got their behinds handed to them against their biggest rival. Great game to be walking into.

    I guess the one plus for NU right now is that might be facing the weakest goalie in Hockey East, which for a team that can barely get two goals in a game, is just what the doctor ordered.

    On the other hand, outside of the 1-0 NU win at Matthews last year, bu has owned NU since Cronin took over. For whatever reason, NU has more success against BC then they do bu.

    My favorite is watching bu on the PP. All of NU knows that bu loves to score on the PP via the backdoor play against NU, everyone but the players that is. It gets a bit frustrating to watch time and time again.

    But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring. I dont think he is even 18 yet. Bitetto has had his moments to and of late has been not been shy shooting the puck. Rawlings has been outstanding this year, but bu lit him up those last two games last year that cost NU a playoff spot.

    NU has been giving up the first goal alot lately, so I expect the same thing on Wednesday. Most of the time they give up the first two goals, and then storm back for a tie. That probably wont work in this game though. I would guess bu 5 - nu 2. bu gets straightened out a bit and NU goes into the break with some time to heal and get ready for what should be a nice schedule for a home ice run in January.
    Rollheiser is the weakest goalie in Hockey East because....

    he beat the #3 team in the country two weeks ago?
    time to write new history

  7. #7
    I like hockey.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,758

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies01 View Post
    I guess the one plus for NU right now is that might be facing the weakest goalie in Hockey East, which for a team that can barely get two goals in a game, is just what the doctor ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies01 View Post
    My favorite is watching bu on the PP. All of NU knows that bu loves to score on the PP via the backdoor play against NU, everyone but the players that is. It gets a bit frustrating to watch time and time again.
    These two things should be the other way around. Aside from the BC games, both of BU's goalies have been great this year. And even with the recent struggles, BU is still head and shoulders above Maine and UML in net.

    The PP, however, has been horrendous. Back door, front door, side door, it doesn't really matter. BU can't score on the PP.

    NU's been playing well lately after a tough start, while BU was kind of riding in the middle of the road for a month before being driven off it and into a ditch by BC. I don't know what to expect in this game. I could see a close game or I could see a blowout by either team. Should be interesting to see how BU responds with the quick turnaround.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back to today
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by slurpees View Post
    no one care about this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by skatin_terrier View Post
    Just you, me and Agganis....
    I'm still drowning my [hic!] sorrwos.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

  9. #9
    Go Whalers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Federal League View Post
    Back door, front door, side door, it doesn't really matter. BU can't score on the PP.
    reread that a couple of times.
    time to write new history

  10. #10
    I like hockey.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,758

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by slurpees View Post
    reread that a couple of times.
    Not entirely unintentional. I could've said "BU sucks on the PP" (which is still one of my favorite signs ever).
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Belmont, MA
    Posts
    493

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies01 View Post
    But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring.
    that kid is a beast, I didn't realize he was a Freshman, he could be something great for you guys down the road.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back to today
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Game night bump.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

  13. #13
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,127

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    This is my first game back at HAA since Maine. Please don't suck BU.

    I expect an atmosphere flatter than an Illinois "A."

    BU Hockey: Rebound or Regress?
    It Happened!!!!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Heading over to the game tonight...what's my best bet for parking?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    I almost always park on Pleasant St in Brookline across from the arena.

    It runs perpendicular to Comm Ave and you can park on the side of the street that faces Boston.

    It's free, close and I've never gotten a ticket.

    If you can get there around 5 PM you might just get a metered spot on Comm Ave. Bring 4 quarters for that.

    See you all there. Hopefully they get it together.

    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CBYQ8gEwAA
    Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 12-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    rite cheer
    Posts
    10,668

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    I care. Almost more than I cared about this past weekend (lying).

    The BU squad needs to learn from its mistakes and come out strong.

    NU beat Merrimack (can't believe I'm writing this) so they're not to be underestimated.
    NU's gonna sneak up on a lot of teams. Solid team if they play their game, imo.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Quote Originally Posted by acs64 View Post
    NU's gonna sneak up on a lot of teams. Solid team if they play their game, imo.
    As a devout BU fan, I think these next two games are really, really important.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

  18. #18
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,558

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    These mid week games are odd. I actually walked halfway to the T this morning before I realized that I was supposed to drive in. I hope that's not a sign of things to come tonight. Maybe it's too soon after the weekend but I don't know what to think about this game.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    Nieto-Coyle-Chiasson
    Gill-Trivino-Pereira
    Glass-Gaudet-Megan
    Courtnall-Rosen-Santana

    Warsofsky-Ruikka
    Noonan-Clendeningn
    Escobedo-Nicastro

    Millan

  20. #20
    I like hockey.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,758

    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

    We're live blogging.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •