Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Could you expain what a Seawolf is?
    Yes. 1999 called and they want that question back.

Dont forget you are the doormats most every year.
    Since it's already apparent to the rest of us that you are having difficulties with the whole concept of time and how it works; this weekend is this weekend. It isn't last year or the year before or any year in the past. Hell, it isn't even last weekend. It's this weekend. See, time has this cool way of putting one event after another and when events are in the past ... well, they're in the past. Seems like magic to you I'm sure but the rest of us actually deal well with it working that way.

Big and slow.
    Quit reading crappola UND blogs that have no idea what their focus is and expresses contradictory views from one day to the next.

Stay with us for a period or so then the ice gets tilted to your goal. Enjoy.
    You often feel like that horse above don't you?

You are pretty haughty for having such bad team year after year after year.
    Anyone that mitigates their natural arrogance to appease moron's that don't understand that the past is the past is a dork in my book. Sorry that I'm not going to roll over and hope that the all-mighty Badgers don't beat my team too badly. I'll leave that to Mankato and MTU fans.

It has never made sense that you were in the WCHA in the first place.
    I fully understand exactly why it doesn't make sense to you. Completely. Fully.

I cant wait to hear the cow bells at your place over the radio.
    You would be looking forward to that. That also makes complete sense to me.
    Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 12-03-2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content removed

Comment

Re: Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Um no. You'll find UAA fans telling both UofM and Udub to not let the door hit them on the arse on the way out. Our school is directly responsible for around $400,000 in revenue into both of those schools coffers.
      I won't speak for UM, but I'm fairly certain that our athletic department will find a way to get by without begging you guys for games. I understand the exemption and all that, but one extra series won't make or break us. We're fabulously wealthy.

As far as GTFO of the WCHA? It's gonna happen and the unfortunate part of that is quite possibly the end of both Alaska programs if the remnants of the CCHA & WCHA don't want to travel. Have fun with that.

Your rants reek () of a major inferiority complex.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Your rants wreak of a major inferiority complex.
        And yours reek of ignorance.

So there's that.

Comment

And yours reek of ignorance.

So there's that.
          Sweet.

The spelling police, Phil, serial (not cereal) killers and deer. Have you mentioned thinner yet?

I bet your blog is full of original stuff too, although I'll never know.

EDIT: You also seem to hate gay people. Don't you find it funny that so many who are outspoken against gay men are in fact gay men themselves?
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            EDIT: You also seem to hate gay people. Don't you find it funny that so many who are outspoken against gay men are in fact gay men themselves?
            My ability to recognize the fabulous nature of Phil's moves does not equate to me hating gays.

But nice try (and by nice I mean completely and totally obvious ... and in the best traditions of mischaracterization normally reserved for politicians ... you're not running for office are you?). Anyway, the man's hip movements combined with his energetic arm thrusts are the envy of many a performing gay man all over the country.

In so many ways, he presents a positive image for closeted old gay men (whether or not he is gay). Personally, I'd be proud if my dad come out of the closet. I'd be proud of you dad for doing so as well. It shows tremendous personal character for a man of that age to come out to the world as gay after hiding that aspect of their lives for so long. More old white guys need to come out as gay as far as I'm concerned. I'm already overwhelmingly proud for every old white guy that does.

Comment

Attempt to be funny while still bashing gays cut...

In so many ways, he presents a positive image for closeted old gay men (whether or not he is gay). Personally, I'd be proud if my dad come out of the closet. I'd be proud of you dad for doing so as well. It shows tremendous personal character for a man of that age to come out to the world as gay after hiding that aspect of their lives for so long. More old white guys need to come out as gay as far as I'm concerned. I'm already overwhelmingly proud for every old white guy that does.
              Well, well, well...

Something about the goose and the gander. Pretty funny isn't it?

You're a world class tool.

Comment

So first you whine about being corrected in your language usage and incorrectly call me the "spelling police" but then you turn around and feel the need to point out a dropped "r"? Dude ... you said "wreak" when you meant "reek". I didn't press a key hard enough.

Doubtless in your world going to war based on lies about WMD's is equal to getting a blowie in the oval office and lying about it.

Your "you hate gays" gambit fell on it's face. Now your "goose and gander" has as well. I can't wait to see what stupidity you foist upon the readers of this thread next. Please ... (and I earnestly mean that) ... please continue to engage me.

Comment

My ability to recognize the fabulous nature of Phil's moves does not equate to me hating gays.

But nice try (and by nice I mean completely and totally obvious ... and in the best traditions of mischaracterization normally reserved for politicians ... you're not running for office are you?). Anyway, the man's hip movements combined with his energetic arm thrusts are the envy of many a performing gay man all over the country.

Why does everyone hate Phil so much? The Badgers have a fan who acts as a cheerleader and gets the crowd into it w/ some classic cheers, a legend in Badger hockey fandom. I guess UAA has want, your ****ty blog? 24 hours of darkness in the winter to cheer about? That teams rush to your arena to play for some big payoff and two extra non-conference games?

Because you don't like someone, you jump right to calling him gay and slandering him is quite pathetic. The ones who yell and shout down others the most are always the most afraid inside. What are you afraid of? So much hatred in your heart for others, you should move to minnesota and become a gopher fan.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                    Why does everyone hate Phil so much?
                    Not that I intend a lecture here about humanity and sociology but yeah ... when real old guy dances around like a 20 year old girl people take note. Is it really that hard to comprehend that you actually ask the question?

I guess UAA has want, your ****ty blog?
                    Yes. My ****ty blog that started 2.5 years before the ****ty blog you wrote for. Watch the Argumentum Ad Populum come in response ...

24 hours of darkness in the winter to cheer about?
                    Yay ... I bet igloo jokes come next. Right?

That teams rush to your arena to play for some big payoff and two extra non-conference games?
                    And what ... drunken college students singing beer commercials from TV is like totally awesome or something?

Our fans see exactly the same things in the team that they cheer for as do your fans. They love their team just as much as you do. They sacrifice their time and energy by volunteering and pony up cash to support it ... just like your team's fans do.

So I promise you a couple of things. Me and my fellow fans aren't going to roll over and accede to your desires that we automatically grant you free and easy passage here .... And if there's a ****ing contest ... I'm bringing my extra wide urethra to it.

Because you don't like someone, you jump right to calling him gay and slandering him is quite pathetic.
                    Anyone reading here can clearly interpret what I said about Fab Phil for themselves. Your continuing mischaracterization displays a personality flaw with you I'm afraid. But I assure you, they can read what was said for themselves. Show some trust in your fellow humans.

The ones who yell and shout down others the most are always the most afraid inside. What are you afraid of? So much hatred in your heart for others, you should move to minnesota and become a gopher fan.
                    The only thing I fear is that some new dolt from your fanbase won't show up to respond to this post since I've now pwnd 3 or 4 of you.

Comment

Um no. You'll find UAA fans telling both UofM and Udub to not let the door hit them on the arse on the way out. Our school is directly responsible for around $400,000 in revenue into both of those schools coffers.
                      You'll never hear me wish ill will on UAA or any program for that matter, but as surely as the BTHC concept annoys me these programs will survive. I sincerely hope UAA and that other prorgram will as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        You'll never hear me wish ill will on UAA or any program for that matter, but as surely as the BTHC concept annoys me these programs will survive. I sincerely hope UAA and that other prorgram will as well.
                        UAA and UAF should have been allowed to join the same conference when the CCHA and the WCHA got together to bring them into their respective leagues. Instead they both got 15 years of paying for other team's travel, whining from fanbases about the arduous journey to the great white north and continuous trash talk about not being good enough all while those schools waltzed out of Alaska carrying future potential revenue in the hundreds of thousands of dollars without exception.

The situation was created thusly with the express intent to keep UAA and UAF "in their place". So yeah, this UAA fan (I shouldn't speak for all as the above quote mistakenly gives the impression) will be glad to see Minnesota and Wisconsin go. They both put their Big Ten boot on us whenever they could.

So yeah, if it comes down to it ... we'll happily work with our rival by using the one advantage/incentive to it's best effect. And I suspect that particular tool is valued highly. Why else would WCHA schools come to Alaska for tournaments in years when they otherwise wouldn't be required to on the unbalanced schedule?

Come on Slap Shot ... you aren't going to sit idly by while Gandalf says ...
                        Originally posted by Gandalf
                        So much hatred in your heart for others, you should move to minnesota and become a gopher fan.
                        I mean of all the various insults that White Wizard could have thrown my way and he went with that?

Comment

Come on Slap Shot ... you aren't going to sit idly by while Gandalf says ...

I mean of all the various insults that White Wizard could have thrown my way and he went with that?
                          I'm not too familiar with that fellow and not sure which position I should take - whether it be to defend you or my beloved Maroon and Gold.

But taken as an affront to UM, I'm resigned to the fact that no matter what the Gophers do or don't do (academically, athletically in total or by individual program) that fans of other programs are going to take their pot shots (and I mean something deeply seeded rather than good natured ribbing) and there's really nothing I can do about it. I've reached the point that while my impulses may be inclined to join the fray I've come to realize there's no point in garnering neither hatred for any other program nor totally blind beliefs in my own kind. While there are minute differences in every fan base and their program, we're far more alike than most would ever care to admit and I'd rather sit back and watch, rib the opposition while trying to avoid the vitriol that so often permeates these discussion. Not to say I don't ever succumb but I do my best.

And of course if I've completely missed a different point my apologies.

Comment

Nah. You were pretty much spot on. And defending me isn't a mantle that many here would take up. And I "get" that.

So it's to me to admit I tried to entice you to retort ... purely for my own enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I'm not too familiar with that fellow and not sure which position I should take - whether it be to defend you or my beloved Maroon and Gold.

But taken as an affront to UM, I'm resigned to the fact that no matter what the Gophers do or don't do (academically, athletically in total or by individual program) that fans of other programs are going to take their pot shots (and I mean something deeply seeded rather than good natured ribbing) and there's really nothing I can do about it. I've reached the point that while my impulses may be inclined to join the fray I've come to realize there's no point in garnering neither hatred for any other program nor totally blind beliefs in my own kind. While there are minute differences in every fan base and their program, we're far more alike than most would ever care to admit and I'd rather sit back and watch, rib the opposition while trying to avoid the vitriol that so often permeates these discussion. Not to say I don't ever succumb but I do my best.

And of course if I've completely missed a different point my apologies.
                              Very, very well said.

Comment

So first you whine about being corrected in your language usage and incorrectly call me the "spelling police" but then you turn around and feel the need to point out a dropped "r"? Dude ... you said "wreak" when you meant "reek". I didn't press a key hard enough.

Doubtless in your world going to war based on lies about WMD's is equal to getting a blowie in the oval office and lying about it.

Your "you hate gays" gambit fell on it's face. Now your "goose and gander" has as well. I can't wait to see what stupidity you foist upon the readers of this thread next. Please ... (and I earnestly mean that) ... please continue to engage me.
                                So, you're assuming I'm a right winger?

Anybody can look for spelling errors and "there" and "they're" mistakes. You knew what I meant.

You're a turd. But make sure to come back with how you're winning some sort of argument by calling Phil gay.

And finally (yes, I know that a proper sentence shouldn't start with "and" ), you not missing us when we go to the BTHC is great, but we really don't care and couldn't do anything about it if we did.

Comment

Working...
                                X