College Hockey Showcase - MIN, Wis, Mich, MSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Hockey Showcase - MIN, Wis, Mich, MSU

I would gladly trade the Vikings franchise to Los Angeles for another Gopher hockey championship. Although really, I would trade them for a $2 off coupon to great clips as well.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I guess any hope for Gopher fan and Badger fan to band together against the militia invasion is a lost cause.

To be honest, when the Gophers play Michigan, I hope the Zamboni spews carbon monoxide, lots and lots of carbon monoxide, enough to fill the place.

You are getting very sleepy....
      And when the Ugly Helmets go to the Kohl Basketball arena, I always hope for a meteorite strike.

Comment

I guess any hope for Gopher fan and Badger fan to band together against the militia invasion is a lost cause.

To be honest, when the Gophers play Michigan, I hope the Zamboni spews carbon monoxide, lots and lots of carbon monoxide, enough to fill the place.

You are getting very sleepy....
        It's only piped into the ugly helmets locker room.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigM3810 View Post
          I think it has something to do with the formation of a Big Ten Hockey Conference.
          I'll admit I didn't follow it all closely, but isn't it a couple more years before Penn State goes D1, and the BTHC would only start after that? And is the BTHC a done deal? (Sorry for the ignorance, but after years of ignoring BTHC threads in the summer, I couldn't get myself to read all of them this year even when there was something to talk about.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            I'll admit I didn't follow it all closely, but isn't it a couple more years before Penn State goes D1, and the BTHC would only start after that? And is the BTHC a done deal? (Sorry for the ignorance, but after years of ignoring BTHC threads in the summer, I couldn't get myself to read all of them this year even when there was something to talk about.)
            I believe that this is the last year because Barry Alvarez opted out of the agreement on behalf of Wisconsin. Too bad as we all looked forward to playing those two schools every year.

The formation of a BTHC has nothing to do with this in the short-run.

We hate Barry as much as anyone else.

Comment

I believe that this is the last year because Barry Alvarez opted out of the agreement on behalf of Wisconsin. Too bad as we all looked forward to playing those two schools every year.

The formation of a BTHC has nothing to do with this in the short-run.

We hate Barry as much as anyone else.
              Thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing as Koho that the BTHC isn't starting for awhile so why does this have to be the last year of the Showcase.

Any particular reason why Alvarez opted out or is he just a d-bag?
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Any particular reason why Alvarez opted out
                Speaking of piping something into the executive boxes- I would opt out considering their record in the Showcase. Much more lucrative to bring in some doormats and set up their own T-giving tourney.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing as Koho that the BTHC isn't starting for awhile so why does this have to be the last year of the Showcase.

Can't remember what he said, although what he said isn't the real reason. Something about this agreement not being fair to Ohio State and that we should be playing them also. He wants us to set up separate non-cons with the CCHA schools. Obviously this could also just be a precursor to the BTHC.

I really liked the existing deal coz it allowed us to still play these traditional B10 rivals even though we are in a different conference (a conference that like the rest of you, I'd prefer to stay in). Also, I really don't care if we ever play Ohio State as they don't have the programs traditionally that the hillbilly-militia schools do.

Comment

I really liked the existing deal coz it allowed us to still play these traditional B10 rivals even though we are in a different conference (a conference that like the rest of you, I'd prefer to stay in). Also, I really don't care if we ever play Ohio State as they don't have the programs traditionally that the hillbilly-militia schools do.
                    I agree. I could care less about a BTHC and would rather stay in the WCHA and keep playing in the Showcase every year like we currently do.

Comment

Also, I really don't care if we ever play Ohio State as they don't have the programs traditionally that the hillbilly-militia schools do.
                      I agree with your premise- in terms of hockey tradition...but..
                      Isn't that an oxymoron when comparing Michigan's hillbilly militia to Ohio, in general? I mean, 'drop the blackberry in the urinal' REALLY?

And when did Wisconsin become such a mecca of sophistication?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        I agree with your premise- in terms of hockey tradition...but..
                        Isn't that an oxymoron when comparing Michigan's hillbilly militia to Ohio, in general? I mean, 'drop the blackberry in the urinal' REALLY?

And when did Wisconsin become such a mecca of sophistication?
                        I'm just using what I got, which in this case isn't a lot.

Comment

The latter.

Comment

Because he's as good of an AD as Gary Bettman is commissioner
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, anybody know anything about the MSU squad this year, or should we beech about Alverez some more?

Comment

Michigan State preview

Weekend Overview: The College Hockey Showcase returns to the upper Midwest this year, as Michigan State and Michigan travel to face Minnesota and Wisconsin. The showcase is in its 18th year and features four of the most prominent college hockey programs in the country. On Friday, Michigan State plays at Minnesota, while Michigan visits Wisconsin. Michigan then heads to Minnesota for a Sunday matinee and Michigan State travels to Wisconsin. Last year, Michigan went 2-0-0 in the event, while Minnesota and Wisconsin were 1-1-0. Michigan State was 0-2-0.

Series History: Minnesota leads the all-time series with Michigan State 101-41-11 and has not lost to the Spartans in their last nine meetings (4-0-5 in that time). Last year, Minnesota upset the seventh-ranked Spartans 2-1 in East Lansing, Mich., on Nov. 28, 2009. The game featured 80 combined shots (42 for Minnesota) but only Jordan Schroeder and Mike Carman scored for the Gophers. Kent Patterson was between the pipes for the Gophers and statistically played the best game of his career, stopping 37 of 38 shots to earn the win. The last time Michigan State beat the Gophers was Nov. 24, 2000, when they won 3-2 at Mariucci Arena. Minnesota owns a 9-3-5 record against Michigan State in the College Hockey Showcase.

About The Spartans: Michigan State is 4-5-3 overall and 2-5-1 in CCHA play. The Spartans are the first of three CCHA teams Minnesota will face this season. They play Michigan on Sunday and will face Ferris State on Jan. 1. The Spartans are led by Brett Perlini (8g-5a) and Derek Grant (2g-9a). The only other player on the team with double-digit points is sophomore captain Torey Krug (3g-7a). In goal, Drew Palmisano has played more than 85 percent of the team's minutes and is 4-4-1 with a 2.57 GAA and a .907 save percentage. Defenseman Matt Crandall is the only player on Michigan State from Minnesota. He is a St. Cloud-native and played one season on the same St. Cloud Cathedral High School team as Gopher defenseman Nate Schmidt. MSU is 0-4-0 in road games this season and is 2-4-2 against teams currently ranked in the USCHO Rankings.
                                Edit: But we can also beech about Alvarez some more as well.
                                Last edited by Driftryder; 11-24-2010, 08:14 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X