Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

This is for Ralph!

Big one Saturday....hope the boys are ready!
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Actually, I was just curious as to why you were using the off season thread.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
      This is for Ralph!

Big one Saturday....hope the boys are ready!
      Way to take the initiative, L.

Comment

Thanks for starting the new thread. Summer is over. Season starts vs. Clarkson.
        Go Saints.

Comment

No offense to the current team but looking at the roster for the "old timers" game I'd pay to watch them too!!! I wish I knew that game was going on sooner as I might have arranged my schedule to make it up there.

I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again. Put Harney out there with them and one other guy on D (like Matt Desrosiers) and I'll guarantee you they score on the PP from a weak side goal into an open net. If those boys have been playing regularly, I hope Joe takes the team over to watch what arguably was one of SLU's most potent offensive lines (since the team played for the title against Lake Superior).

Good luck to the boys in the game that counts as well. Hope we can get untracked after last weekend. Still some key players out but a few are working their way back into the lineup. Good luck to both the Senior Saints and current team this weekend.
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            No offense to the current team but looking at the roster for the "old timers" game I'd pay to watch them too!!! I wish I knew that game was going on sooner as I might have arranged my schedule to make it up there.

I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again.
            Ditto and Ditto!! Gellard was the best player from SLU in the last 10 years not to make it to the show.

I had no idea that this was happening.

I'll also pretty much guarantee that Dougie Murray will have the best hands of anyone on the ice.

Comment

Hey Brian!

Forgot to tell you, but guess who I ran into at a Salem State game? Claims to be a buddy of yours.

Frank Cole.

I always thought he was taller.

(Putting on asbestos)
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Hey Brian!

Forgot to tell you, but guess who I ran into at a Salem State game? Claims to be a buddy of yours.

Frank Cole.

I always thought he was taller.

(Putting on asbestos)
                Maybe I don't want to go see your son play now. Seriously, please let me know when and where you will watch James play and I''ll try to get to the game.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Ditto and Ditto!! Gellard was the best player from SLU in the last 10 years not to make it to the show.

I had no idea that this was happening.

I'll also pretty much guarantee that Dougie Murray will have the best hands of anyone on the ice.
                  Not even close re Gellard. Health issues really set him back in terms of playing in the NHL.

I guess SLU really wants to win the old timers game - Leckster and me were not invited to play.
                  Last edited by Muskieman; 11-19-2010, 03:00 PM.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post

I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again. Put Harney out there with them and one other guy on D (like Matt Desrosiers) and I'll guarantee you they score on the PP from a weak side goal into an open net. If those boys have been playing regularly, I hope Joe takes the team over to watch what arguably was one of SLU's most potent offensive lines (since the team played for the title against Lake Superior).

Good luck to the boys in the game that counts as well. Hope we can get untracked after last weekend. Still some key players out but a few are working their way back into the lineup. Good luck to both the Senior Saints and current team this weekend.
                    That was a fun line to watch. And all were really great guys to boot.
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

After a few years of silently following this blog religiously I figured it was finally time for me to get a username.

Sounds like a great group of guys showing up for the alumni game. Four days ago I would have said all I wanted out of the weekend was 2 points, now I am looking for the sweep.

That said, I think this will be a typical SLUvTech game. Both teams have been up and down this season, with some pretty great ups, and some pretty bad lows. I think it will come down to which of both teams show up, and I have a feeling SLU will have to weather a storm at the beginning. That said, after our display two weekends ago I am confident in our ability to play with anyone in the ECAC on any given night. I saw Dan's injury update a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone had any more recent updates? Should be a great game, and I look forward to reading everyones updates Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreethockey View Post
                        After a few years of silently following this blog religiously I figured it was finally time for me to get a username.

Sounds like a great group of guys showing up for the alumni game. Four days ago I would have said all I wanted out of the weekend was 2 points, now I am looking for the sweep.

That said, I think this will be a typical SLUvTech game. Both teams have been up and down this season, with some pretty great ups, and some pretty bad lows. I think it will come down to which of both teams show up, and I have a feeling SLU will have to weather a storm at the beginning. That said, after our display two weekends ago I am confident in our ability to play with anyone in the ECAC on any given night. I saw Dan's injury update a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone had any more recent updates? Should be a great game, and I look forward to reading everyones updates Sunday morning.
                        No injury updates other than what is public, but you have to figure anyone that is not 100% ready will not play Saturday so they can give them the extra 2 weeks to heal completely.

Brian, after lacing them up in Canton a few years ago after not skating since 1990, that was truly pathetic and I had my sore feet to prove it. I would be willing to step on the ice to start a bench-clearing brawl, however, and I truly believe I could do that better than anyone else other than maybe Spencer Meany or John Roderick. Especially if Mark Green was playing for Clarkson. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for a win in the ECAC game.

Comment

No injury updates other than what is public, but you have to figure anyone that is not 100% ready will not play Saturday so they can give them the extra 2 weeks to heal completely.

Brian, after lacing them up in Canton a few years ago after not skating since 1990, that was truly pathetic and I had my sore feet to prove it. I would be willing to step on the ice to start a bench-clearing brawl, however, and I truly believe I could do that better than anyone else other than maybe Spencer Meany or John Roderick. Especially if Mark Green was playing for Clarkson. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for a win in the ECAC game.
                          SLU alumni win 7-3 over Tech alumni...we could really use some of those old guys tonight.
                          Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                            Maybe I don't want to go see your son play now. Seriously, please let me know when and where you will watch James play and I''ll try to get to the game.
                            Brian

Thanks to the wonders of internet TV, my trips up north are few and far between. The nearest he gets to you is Westfield, MA on 1/27. It's a Thursday, so I am not getting there. IF they make it to the NCAA's the odds are that they'll play Oswego or Norwich in the first round.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ugh, I hate losing to Clarkson.
                              SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                              X