Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    and boys not girls?
    I heard about that on the radio, but they didn't mention the 16yo boy part

Comment

Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Tech CAN win this thing tonight! Let's Go Huskies!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

There better be some points at home against CC, because we sure as hell aren't getting any in Omaha.

Comment

In the 11 games we have played so far this season, we've seen the following:

-Allowed 4+ goals: 8 occasions
          -Allowed 5+ goals: 4 occasions
          -Allowed 6 goals: 1 occasion

Comment

Doritos is suspended.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Doritos is suspended.
              Maybe we can make some progress with the break out now..

Comment

Doritos is suspended.
                Part of me wants to *head desk* and part of me wants to jump for joy. Based on what I've seen of Doriott, I'm definitely leaning towards the latter. At the same time, this does give us fewer options on defense if there are injuries or Russell wants to bench anyone who is playing worse than he often does.

Comment

Looking at the schedule, we do not have that many games against the bottom of the league. 2 vs cc all year, 2 vs mankato all year, 2 vs AA all year.It is just not that friendly. So we are going to have to beat teams like minnesota or uno to get anywhere. I don't see it happening. Too many good players out, too many weak players playing. A lot of freshmen just learning. I am hoping next year will be better. We'll need a good class. Let's hope damon is up to the task.

This year, honestly I think we'll have a tough time with 10th. And who does that get us? wisconsin at the kohl, or DU at Denver. I know jamie is happier with the play last night as far as positioning etc, but we have to win more faceoffs, play better defensively and score more than one measly goal.
                  Huskyvision is ok, barely, if you only watch the small screen and don't go full screen. but no audio s###.! I played dirk over it, but the video was delayed by 35 seconds or so.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's always another year, another recruiting class, more experience, more jump, more discipline, new underwear, etc.

Sick and ***ing tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      It's always another year, another recruiting class, more experience, more jump, more discipline, new underwear, etc.

Sick and ***ing tired of it.
                      I'd wish they'd just drop the hockey program already - I know it's a prestige thing, and playing in the WCHA/D-1, history and whatnot, but the program is only slightly less terrible then I was at Tech during the Tim Watters era. (which isn't that long ago, but still).

I remember when the university was trying to save money one year, by cutting football, but some of the alumni stepped in and saved it. That program is doing really well, even beating Grand Valley this year, but hockey just seems like a money pit. Seems like they have new jerseys every season, start off well in October, and then fall flat, and maybe once a decade, a decent 2nd place showing at the GLI.

I'll always cherish my Tony O signed Tech jersey, but it feels like enough is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by guinness View Post
                        but hockey just seems like a money pit.
                        Actually, it is the only athletic program that makes money.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                          Amazing, isn't it? Gotta love WCHA playoffs welfare, even when the team has made it to the Final Five exactly once in the last decade.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-21-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                            That's amazing. And a bit sad.

They obviously bring in more money from the WCHA or sales of merchandise, tickets, and donations from alumni than I ever imagined.

It does hurt though, that they're better off icing a terrible team, year after year, than not.

Comment

I disagree that they are a terrible team. But they have to do a better job of fighting thru adversity. They don't have that depth of talent that allows them to lose arguable the three best forwards and still compete. I think they will win some games, a lot more than last year, but they have a huge hill to climb to get good enough to get a home playoff spot or better yet win a playoff series.
                              I like our freshmen a lot, I think they are really a lot better than previous classes, and as I said before the object is to play the best in march. Having said that, certainly it is easy to get down after losing so much. So here's to small continuous steps to getting better. And yes I know it's been said before.
                              I think we do what is necessary to get back to respectability, and we redouble our efforts. It's just like the team, and to quote kipling, " if you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same".
                              I think the number one thing they can do is get better players in. It can be done. If they get another class like this one, they should be fine.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

now, seriously. why wouldn't we want to have a Division I hockey program in Houghton? hell, yes, it makes money. and gets publicity. and we who live up here get to see quality college hockey (ok ok, so its not always our team providing it). we have a great band, fun students, loyal fans and a very nice arena. we see alot of up and coming talent. its not just about winning. and if you think we fans feel bad about losing - think about the team and the coaches - how do you think they feel?
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X