Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    If you leave before 3, you might also be able to avoid the traffic jam at the Gen Sullivan Bridge on Rt. 4 just west of I-95.
    Another option is to take 101 from the Hampton tolls and get off at 108. The speed limit is obviously slower through Stratham and Newmarket, but it takes about the same amount of time. You can also go one exit futher on 101 and go through Newfields to catch 108 in Newmarket.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
      Another option is to take 101 from the Hampton tolls and get off at 108. The speed limit is obviously slower through Stratham and Newmarket, but it takes about the same amount of time. You can also go one exit futher on 101 and go through Newfields to catch 108 in Newmarket.
      I suggest either of these options. You are 99% guaranteed to make it on time. I would avoid the Gen Sullivan.

Comment

If he does take the Newfields exit, he will actually catch 108 in Newfields........

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Really excited to make the drive up from Boston in the middle of Friday rush hour. Should be a swell time.
          Take the Amtrak train up to Durham (drops off next to the Whitt) or C&J bus (http://www.ridecj.com/unh.html)

Comment

Originally posted by UNH.onward.to.victory! View Post
            Take the Amtrak train up to Durham (drops off next to the Whitt) or C&J bus (http://www.ridecj.com/unh.html)
            I think the last train is well before the end of the game though (?)

Comment

With BU's OT ties with the Warriors last weekend, I think they will be lusting for some blood. However, if UNH plays like they did in the first two periods against UMASS on Friday, they should win at home (and put up a good fight at the Agganis). Defense needs to hold the corners, DiGirolamo can handle himself at the net. Their offensive line with DeSimone, Thompson, and Kostolansky played a tough, storng game Friday and Saturday; they just need to keep on the puck and play aggressively in the zone, regardless of if they can score or not. I predict 3-2 UNH (1-1 in 1st, 1-0 BU 2nd, 1-0 UNH 3rd, and 1-0 FTW in OT) on Friday. I think they have their work cut out for them on Friday and will probably be a 1-1 split or 2-1 BU game Saturday.

GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                I think the last train is well before the end of the game though (?)
                It's a 8:59 train, so that's a solid game into the 3rd.

Comment

Well, I'm covering the game, so leaving early isn't really an option. Even if it was, who wants to make the trip up there only to have to leave early? Just stay home and watch it on NESN in that case. Driving's definitely the better option.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This is a NESN TV game.....859 will be early in the 3rd....
                    Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

going this way, are you more or less guaranteed to avoid traffic? is the traffic that you'd avoid bad enough to be worth avoiding?
                      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        going this way, are you more or less guaranteed to avoid traffic? is the traffic that you'd avoid bad enough to be worth avoiding?
                        Yes. And, he can stop at Rocky's Famous Burgers in Newmarket. I recommend "The Batman".

Comment

of course, 50% of the arena leaves with 7 minutes left in the third anyway...

Comment

At the comparable time in BU's last road game they were trailing 3-1, before sending it to OT. Are you trying to prevent BU fans from seeing their team's comebacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              At the comparable time in BU's last road game they were trailing 3-1, before sending it to OT. Are you trying to prevent BU fans from seeing their team's comebacks?
                              Well it's always a good idea to leave a BU game when they're down 3-1, they never come back anyways.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                if BUnyan is the ref, you can count on that happening

Comment

Working...
                                X