• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH - BU Home and Home

Split?

Discuss.

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

Really excited to make the drive up from Boston in the middle of Friday rush hour. Should be a swell time.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

friday is on tv... no need to drive (unless you be working )
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Really excited to make the drive up from Boston in the middle of Friday rush hour. Should be a swell time.
        Better you guys than us!
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Split definitely seems reasonable. Should be a great test for both teams - one of those crucial early season series that tells Hockey East fans exactly who their teams are.

I predict the road team wins both games - BU loves winning at the Whitt. I get to watch it from my couch here in NYC - love it.
          Not changing my sig until we do it again...
          2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
          Beanpot Champions
          Denver Cup Champions
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions
          Hockey East Tournament Champions
          National Rookie of the Year
          National Coach of the Year
          Hobey Baker Award
          NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

Beat each other up and split please. Thank-you.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              Beat each other up and split please. Thank-you.
              That'd be ok, esp if bc sweeps

Comment

Looking forward to Saturday's game. Will be my first BU game of the season (and 3rd UNH game ). Hoping for good games, but for Scarlet & White to come away with 4 points.

Comment

On that note I plan on leaving exorbitantly early to miss said traffic, so Durhamites, assuming I get there before 6, where could I grab a quick, relatively cheap bite to eat close to the rink?

Comment

When it comes to avoiding traffic, anything is fair game...do you really have to be in Beantown until late in the afternoon? Unless you are performing a heart transplant, I'd re-work the schedule and get out of Dodge early. If you need an 'emergency' phone call at 1:30pm, let me know.
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      On that note I plan on leaving exorbitantly early to miss said traffic, so Durhamites, assuming I get there before 6, where could I grab a quick, relatively cheap bite to eat close to the rink?
                      For pizza/pasta, I recommend Wildcat Pizza. If you take the Rt. 108 exit off of Rt. 4 into Durham, you'll pass it on your left as you enter town. For wings (and a good beer selection), Wings Your Way is a 9 iron past Wildcat Pizza. You can park in the same parking lot and walk over. For burgers and other bar food, Ballard's and Libby's are both right down town and do an admirable job. Hope that helps. Let me (or another UNH poster) know if you have any other questions.
                      Last edited by RockTheWhit; 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM.
                      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                        When it comes to avoiding traffic, anything is fair game...do you really have to be in Beantown until late in the afternoon? Unless you are performing a heart transplant, I'd re-work the schedule and get out of Dodge early. If you need an 'emergency' phone call at 1:30pm, let me know.
                        Nah, we're definitely leaving early. I get out of class at 2 and I'm hoping to leave shortly thereafter.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Nah, we're definitely leaving early. I get out of class at 2 and I'm hoping to leave shortly thereafter.
                          Yes, try to leave Beantown before 3 pm. I left Waltham about 3:30 pm this past Friday, which was too late, as the usual 75 minute trip took 2.5 hours; fortunately still had time for birthday supper at Libby's before the game. If you leave before 3, you might also be able to avoid the traffic jam at the Gen Sullivan Bridge on Rt. 4 just west of I-95. At least there is a 65 mph lane now for the Hampton toll booths if you have a transponder. I have a ticket for Agganis on Saturday night, I think, so will stay in Waltham and watch on NESN during breaks in Bentley-UConn game in Watertown. Should be a great match up between the Cats and Terriers this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Looking forward to Saturday's game. Will be my first BU game of the season (and 3rd UNH game ). Hoping for good games, but for Scarlet & White to come away with 4 points.
                            And you're also a friend of UNH hockey and not BU (we stole you, just accept it )
                            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                              And you're also a friend of UNH hockey and not BU (we stole you, just accept it )
                              Does this mean I'm now EweNH?

Comment

Working...
                              X