BU >> Hot for Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU >> Hot for Maine

The upset tide is high. BU sees their first loss tonight. It's all good. As long as they don't get their doors blown off, they'll bounce back.

BU Hockey: Sandbag Wars
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Yes, but you won't see him tonight. He didn't make the trip because of an injury.
      What kind of injury? I didn't hear about this.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
        What kind of injury? I didn't hear about this.
        "Upper body" according to Bangor Daily News.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          ?????

i thought he was in prison?!?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Bummer. That's a big loss of a crucial 2-way player for Maine. Should be fun to watch an Abbott - Dee - Nyquist line though.

Comment

Am on my way to Boston now without a ticket, anyone that has an extra, call my cell 207-350-2500. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Yes, but you won't see him tonight. He didn't make the trip because of an injury.
                That hurts...BUT at the same time injury's are part of the game and if it is a season to remember then this TEAM will GUT it out....Team game/Team wins.

Comment

BU stays with the same lineup as last weekend. Millan in goal.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

sully in net for maine... good call....

Comment

Good game. Either team could've won. Can't wait to get em at the Alfond. Sullivan was solid again. BU has some talent for sure. Couple of missed opportunities by Maine. Not unhappy at all with the tie considering the injury situation.

Comment

Just got back ( I was disguised in a Jets sweatshirt -probably would have gotten less FUs with my 2010 national champs shirt ). Exciting atmosphere, more Maine fans than I thought (you guys always travel well though).

Milan played very well considering I thought Maine dominated the first & second.

Had a Stars scout sitting next to me, scouting Clendenning had a good chat w him.

Comment

I'll take that point. Gladly. That was almost like a playoff game. Intense from start to finish. And fun, now that it's been a few hours and I've had time to process. Maine is good. Fast. Big. Blocked a lot of shots. I was wondering if the woeful lack of shots by BU through the first half of the game would have any effect on Sullivan. Millan looked solid all night.

Whoever it was keeping track of faceoffs tonight is a lying liar who lies. No way did BU win that many of faceoffs.

It will be interesting to see where both these teams are when they meet up again in late January. Looking forward to that.

Great showing by Maine fans tonight, it definitely added to the atmosphere tonight. Come back any time!

Comment

Gg
                            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Very entertaining college hockey game. Maine is big. And good. Deadly combo.

File this one under: "Good tie"
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

HE is so much better when Maine is good, rivalries with everyone else, besides BC, can only reach a certain point until they have national success, and it's hard to have Maine be a rival when they're finishing around 8th (unless that is for ineligibility issues). D@mn that has to be the most fun I've had at a November hockey game in a while.

The first review in the third period the puck was clearly covered by the Maine defenseman's glove in the crease, and the goalie was over a foot in front of the puck so I don't know what could have possibly blocked the overhead, or angled behind the goal cameras from catching. But some calls go your way (Icebreaker vs Wisc) so some are bound to go against you, great job by the team to rally after that and salvage a point.

By the time it got to OT I almost would have hated to see a goal (but if there had to be one I'd be fine with BU scoring) both teams definitely deserved a point.
                                Last edited by Agganis; 11-07-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X