BU >> Hot for Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU >> Hot for Maine

Hate to miss this weekends game, but the wife and I are getting away to Miami for 5 days, sans children.

I am going to have to rely on my son to text me updates when he listens to the game on the radio. Should be a good early season test between two good teams. I expect Sullivan to start in goal and this will provide another early season test in a hostile environment, which he seemed to handle pretty good on Sat night. Go BLUE!!

Comment

BU 16, Maine -2
      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
        A thing to consider is that Maine only had one game this past weekend and from what I heard...looked a little flat. You come off a HUGE North Dakota sweep....have to wait until Saturday to play your hangover game, come out flat, then have to wait until next Saturday to play again....I mean, it's hard to take that momentum and turn it into rhythm with such little game time.
        I love that the excuses and sandbagging is cranked up to 11 the Monday before the game. You guys are the antithesis of the Pinheads.

BU isn't going undefeated. BU isn't playing well at home. Maine is good. I smell a two goal loss.

BU Hockey: Not Sandbagging, Just Realistic
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
          Hate to miss this weekends game, but the wife and I are getting away to Miami for 5 days, sans children.

I am going to have to rely on my son to text me updates when he listens to the game on the radio. Should be a good early season test between two good teams. I expect Sullivan to start in goal and this will provide another early season test in a hostile environment, which he seemed to handle pretty good on Sat night. Go BLUE!!
          In some places, leaving the kids alone for 5 days while you go to Miami is considered a bad idea. Stoke up the woodstove, bring some venison in from the larder, leave $10 for the plow guy and leave the shotgun loaded on the kitchen table....they'll be fine.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey East Super Fan View Post
            BU has got a great team, and Maine is getting way ahead of themselves. BU 4 and Maine 2. But never fear, Maine/s season is not over.
            What the heck does this even mean? They are getting ahead of themselves by winning games?

Comment

This thread is well on it's way to an epic win.

TIMMAY!
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey East Super Fan View Post
                BU has got a great team, and Maine is getting way ahead of themselves. BU 4 and Maine 2. But never fear, Maine/s season is not over.
                Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                What the heck does this even mean? They are getting ahead of themselves by winning games?
                I think it means that TIMMAY shook up the lines in hopes it would create a loss, yet we won anyway and therefore have gotten ahead of ourselves.
                You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                ...you hate UNH.

Comment

If Benedetto gets the game, and BU shows up in their alternate alternate, North Dakota style unis, then Maine might have a chance. Might.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I'd have to really check out the roster to see if there was anyone to be hot for.

Any of you chuckleheads making the trip to the big city for this match up??
                    I was looking at it, but no way am I paying the extortion that Ticketmaster charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I'd have to really check out the roster to see if there was anyone to be hot for.

Any of you chuckleheads making the trip to the big city for this match up??
                      Did someone say Chucklehead? Outbound, get outta town...

[/obscure '90s reference]
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                        In some places, leaving the kids alone for 5 days while you go to Miami is considered a bad idea. Stoke up the woodstove, bring some venison in from the larder, leave $10 for the plow guy and leave the shotgun loaded on the kitchen table....they'll be fine.
                        Well done. My father is staying with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                          A thing to consider is that Maine only had one game this past weekend and from what I heard...looked a little flat.
                          From the BDN: "Maine had a 42-25 edge in shots on goal despite receiving three fewer power-play chances. Maine attempted 80 shots to UVM's 47 but the Catamounts blocked 27 shots. Maine had 34 Grade-A (high-percentage) scoring chances to UVM's 17."

I watched the web feed, and they didn't look flat to me. There wasn't nearly as much open ice up in Burlington as there was against NoDak, but I think that can be attributed to Vermont's style of play. Also, Madore was great.

Comment

Go Terriers.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Go Terriers.
                              Wait....what??

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                                Maine had 34 Grade-A (high-percentage) scoring chances
                                That's ridiculous. We get shot charts every game and I don't think I've seen 30+ grade-A's once in the 50-something games I've covered.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X