Utica's Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica's Attendance

This is where Plattsburgh State has been ranked at the Division III level in average attendance over the past nine (9) seasons...

2009-2010 3rd
    2008-2009 4th
    2007-2008 5th
    2006-2007 6th
    2005-2006 6th
    2004-2005 5th
    2003-2004 3rd
    2002-2003 5th
    2001-2002 2nd

Record at the Stafford Ice Arena since 2000: 128-25-9

(Not to mention 42-3-1 in the last three years)

Therefore, who needs the students? We kick *** at home regarless.
    Last edited by CardsFan91; 10-31-2010, 10:35 PM.
    Plattsburgh State Cardinals
    1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
    21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Well then it's not really a school team. It's a town team, so you might as well be playing Canadian Jr. A. It's the students that make college hockey what it is. Most kids want to play so they can be the BMOC. What kind of girls will they meet after a Platty game Cougars?

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
        Well then it's not really a school team. It's a town team, so you might as well be playing Canadian Jr. A. It's the students that make college hockey what it is. Most kids want to play so they can be the BMOC. What kind of girls will they meet after a Platty game Cougars?
        I started thinking along those lines, but then it occurred to me that MANY of the people attending the games, started out at the traditional college age - I included. Plattsburgh has a long successful history, under their current coach since 1990; they have had 11 SUNYAC league championships in 18 SUNYAC tournament appearances. He has a 447-141-44 career record (1990-current) at Plattsburgh. And this follows Steve Hoar’s 104-35-1 record from 1984-89. Plattsburgh's aging fan base, maybe attributable to the fact that they haven't had a reason to stop coming - the program's all-time record (1975-2010) is 748 wins, 271 losses and 57 ties.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
          Why does platty charge $120 for season tickets?!?!? theres your first problem, start charging half that if you want more people than the usual to buy them.Utica season tickets around $40(seat included of course). But yeah, you'd think with how good platty is, that more people would show up at their games there and isint that part of the state like huge when it comes to ice hockey....?

And yes,for the most part the numbers are accurate when it comes to Utica's attendence.Friday night the number should have probably been around 3,900 or so, not the listed 3,500 because there were definitly not 500 seats left at the Aud to sit in.Also on opening night against Brockport State, there were definitly once again more seats available than what they listed.

Utica Will most likley lead D-III again this year because of our coach and his strong & heavely advirtising and promotional techniques. Having $1 beers also helps alot too
          ill show up for $1 beer even if there is no game......

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Students who want a season ticket must pay regular price, they can get a single FREE ticket - "New this year, Plattsburgh students will be able to obtain tickets on the night of the game between 5:30-6:30 pm at the Field House Box Office Will Call window.

All students must present a valid college ID to obtain a ticket at no cost. If the situation should arise where all 300 student tickets have been distributed, SUNY Plattsburgh will issue "Standing Room Only" tickets to any of our students who wish to attend
            ." that is a problem, while it has been a couple decades since I lived in the dorms, I certainly would not plan my weekend on a "pot-luck" ticket - i.e. pass on planning to do whatever on the weekend or take a chance that my friends and I could snag free tickets - that are off in the corner, offering at best a limited view.

Why do they charge a $120 - because they can and note "We are happy to report that we have reached our capacity for men’s ice hockey season tickets; therefore, we are not accepting any new season ticket requests at this time."

Great campus support headed by Bruce AKA, "chair - of the NCAA Division III Championships Committee." - what a sad joke.
            I played for Oswego and now have watched games at Oswego, the studenst have been GREAT for the team, and hope they keep it up...the Platts students dont know what they are missing, but like what was said b4, you will NOT plan your night on a MAYBE ticket to a game......
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-01-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              I started thinking along those lines, but then it occurred to me that MANY of the people attending the games, started out at the traditional college age - I included.
              Ahhh yes the REAL and ORIGINAL Zoo Crew!!
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Starting the wave at the aud friday night was the best decision i ever made. Slowly but surely, the pioneer posse is going to come alive again.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UC-Pio...854344?ref=sgm
                add us on facebook.
                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                  Cougars are Washington State - Isn't Platty the Cardinals?
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Cougars are Washington State - Isn't Platty the Cardinals?
                    Or it goes back to the average age of Cardinal fans being in their 40's...and some females being included in such a demographic...

It is a little discouraging when the majority of Cardinal fans that show up at the CC are very quiet - I would tend to say that comes with the average age being so high. The Geneseo and Morrisville bunches that show up are a hoot to start shouting matches with though. They're pretty young and full of beans.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                      Or it goes back to the average age of Cardinal fans being in their 40's...and some females being included in such a demographic...

It is a little discouraging when the majority of Cardinal fans that show up at the CC are very quiet - I would tend to say that comes with the average age being so high. The Geneseo and Morrisville bunches that show up are a hoot to start shouting matches with though. They're pretty young and full of beans.
                      Morrisville has fans that travel?

Are they puck bunnies??!!
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Morrisville has fans that travel?

Are they puck bunnies??!!
                        *****http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/299/f/6/Fat_bunny_butt_by_thepasswordis_123456.jpg******

I kid, I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          *****http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/299/f/6/Fat_bunny_butt_by_thepasswordis_123456.jpg******

I kid, I kid.
                          Oh my...You win the thread.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post

I kid, I kid.
                            +1,000,000,000

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Oh my...You win the thread.
                            Give Prez the assist with the "puck bunnies" set up.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              +1,000,000,000

Give Prez the assist with the "puck bunnies" set up.
                              "You must spread reputation around before giving it to collegehcky2 again."
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Does she have a pink tutu??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X